Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Court Finds Justin Trudeau’s Use of Counter-Terrorism Law Against Freedom Convoy Unconstitutional

A Canadian Federal Court Judge found Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s use of a counter-terrorism law to shut down the Freedom Convoy trucker protests against vaccine mandates and other lockdown measures in 2022 unconstitutional.

Federal Court Justice Richard Mosley ruled that the use of the Emergencies Act by the Liberal government of Justin Trudeau to shut down a series of trucker-led protests in February of 2022 was “unreasonable”, CBC reports.

The ruling came in response to a legal case brought forward by the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, the Canadian Constitution Foundation, and other individuals who argued that the protests did not meet the legal threshold for the government to use the powers granted under the act, which had never been used and was originally intended as a means of combatting terrorists.

The protests, which began in January of 2022, were almost entirely peaceful .....

The Act states that, for the government to declare a public emergency, there must be “threats to the security of Canada that are so serious as to be a national emergency.” The law defers to the definition of a threat from the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, which lists espionage, serious violence, foreign interference, or intent to overthrow the government as examples that would meet the threshold.

The ruling of the judge contradicts findings from an inquiry led mostly by Trudeau government officials that found that the government had met the threshold. According to public broadcaster CBC, Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said during a cabinet meeting in Montreal that the government intends to appeal the ruling from Judge Mosely.

Breitbart

Kinda like Biden and F-15's. Only different.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Canada has a Constitution ? They are a friggin Monarchy
Constitution to them is how regular they sh it.

You should probably stay in your lane, posting 20 headlines a day. F u c k i n g retard.

GB1

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never called you an azz hole. But congratulations. Admitting your addiction is the first step to beating it.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Originally Posted by RAM
Originally Posted by SupFoo
Court Finds Justin Trudeau’s Use of Counter-Terrorism Law Against Freedom Convoy Unconstitutional

A Canadian Federal Court Judge found Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s use of a counter-terrorism law to shut down the Freedom Convoy trucker protests against vaccine mandates and other lockdown measures in 2022 unconstitutional.

Federal Court Justice Richard Mosley ruled that the use of the Emergencies Act by the Liberal government of Justin Trudeau to shut down a series of trucker-led protests in February of 2022 was “unreasonable”, CBC reports.

The ruling came in response to a legal case brought forward by the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, the Canadian Constitution Foundation, and other individuals who argued that the protests did not meet the legal threshold for the government to use the powers granted under the act, which had never been used and was originally intended as a means of combatting terrorists.

The protests, which began in January of 2022, were almost entirely peaceful .....

The Act states that, for the government to declare a public emergency, there must be “threats to the security of Canada that are so serious as to be a national emergency.” The law defers to the definition of a threat from the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, which lists espionage, serious violence, foreign interference, or intent to overthrow the government as examples that would meet the threshold.

The ruling of the judge contradicts findings from an inquiry led mostly by Trudeau government officials that found that the government had met the threshold. According to public broadcaster CBC, Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland said during a cabinet meeting in Montreal that the government intends to appeal the ruling from Judge Mosely.

Breitbart

Kinda like Biden and F-15's. Only different.

Canada has a Constitution ? They are a friggin Monarchy
Constitution to them is how regular they sh it.

You should probably stay in your lane, posting 20 headlines a day. F u c k i n g retard.
You got the wrong guy. 20 headlines a day is the other guy(?) Check the post count. I'm under 5K in 20 plus years. Perhaps you should get back in your lane nook.

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by oldcuss
Serious question - did any trucks roll East from Quebec to Ottawa? Or were all
from the West?

Many trucks came from Quebec. The province of Quebec is right across the Ottawa River from the city Ottawa. There were trucks and protesters from all parts of Canada. The mainstream media didn’t cover this protest in an unbiased way. It towed the Trudeau narrative but there were plenty of independent media people such as Viva Frei and Rebel news that covered the event well.

Nick

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was terribly saddened to learn that the headline was just a metaphor.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
IC B2

SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
By Ezra Levant
January 27, 2024

Today Rebel News and I filed an emergency lawsuit at the Federal Court of Canada, against David Lametti.

He’s Trudeau’s disgraced former Justice Minister. We’re asking a judge to order Lametti to stop deleting his records about the Emergencies Act, which we can see that he is doing on Twitter and elsewhere. He broke the law by illegally imposing martial law on us. And now he’s breaking the law by deleting government records to cover his tracks.

This is so urgent, we hope to have the hearing in the next few days. You can see the court documents here. The lawsuit is clear and easy to read — please check it out and let me know what you think.

Rebel News

These clowns are the same wherever you go........

Last edited by SupFoo; 01/27/24.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (21, 257Bob, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 61 invisible), 2,650 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,382
Posts18,527,587
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.