Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
[Linked Image from americanhunter.org]

Mesmerizing. Wonder who will be the first Fire member to put one in their stable. ??

๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Watch this guy shoot out a squib in the one Colt sent him to test. I bet Colt does not know he did this.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
They should leave off all the laser etching and go back to engraving all that stuff.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
That's great news. Thanks for the heads-up, buddy. Looking forward to the 4'' model.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tomme boy
Watch this guy shoot out a squib in the one Colt sent him to test. I bet Colt does not know he did this.

Dipchit...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I couldn't get into it too far. Who is this guy and why should I listen to him about Colt Pythons?

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
I couldn't get into it too far. Who is this guy and why should I listen to him about Colt Pythons?
Absolutely no reason to listen to him. Starting about 0:45 and talking about the stainless steel Python released in 2020 - "they released it in a nickel finish, like a high polished nickel".

This guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground about Pythons and from little hints here and there in his spiel I suspect he's not very familiar with revolvers in general.

Which doesn't take away from the good news of Colt making a blued version. Now they need to bring back the Elliason or at least an Accro rear sight. I just can't be comfortable with something that has a free turning windage screw and relies on a teeny tiny set screw to keep it from moving.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Absolutely no reason to listen to him. Starting about 0:45 and talking about the stainless steel Python released in 2020 - "they released it in a nickel finish, like a high polished nickel".

This guy doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground about Pythons and from little hints here and there in his spiel I suspect he's not very familiar with revolvers in general.

Which doesn't take away from Colt making a blued version. Now they just need to bring back the Elliason or at least an Accro rear sight. I just can't be comfortable with something that has a free turning windage screw and relies on a teeny tiny set screw to keep it from moving.

Got curious - dude's a photog and an "NRA Instructor". The bar seems to be low. Also if you're claiming to be social media savy/guru - I'd expect more than 4k subs to your youtube channel.

Originally Posted by BIO
Andy Grossman
Andy is an outdoor industry photographer, content creator, writer, and Firearms instructor. Working

with numerous outdoor publications including, Athlon Outdoors, FMG Publications, GAT Daily, and the

NRA to create some of the best imagery and content possible.

As a certified NRA Instructor and Federal Firearms Dealer since 2008

he teaches concealed weapons courses and firearms safety courses in Michigan. Through photography

and writing, Andy tests and reviews the latest guns and gear with the goal to bring an unbiased opinion

to the reader on some of the industryโ€™s most popular products. Andy is also the host of one of the only

Live Podcasts on Facebook called Pew Pew Nation Live.

Possessing a strong background in social media

content creation and marketing really aids Andy in helping companies achieve their marketing goals

through product imagery. You can find his work at picturesbyandy.com or follow him on Instagram

@pewpewnation

Make sure you check out Andy's line of Patriotic Apparel from Freedom Fatigues.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting. For 15 years in the 90's and early 2000's I was an NRA Certified Instructor in Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Home Firearm Safety.

I got that certification by sitting in a classroom for a few hours and passing a written test. That got me certified for the first year, then for the next 14 years I just sent some money to the NRA to maintain that certification, no refresher training or testing required. I still have the "NRA Certified Instructor" decal on the shooting box I take to the range. wink

From the way he handled the revolver and the way he talked about it I suspect whatever experience he has is with semi-autos and "tactical" shooting, which is fine, but it's kind of like someone driving pickup trucks all their life and then doing a review on a sports car.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sure he's a nice guy but the comments on the video - lots of people who seem to know Pythons lamenting the 3 vents, others basically tell them to FOAD and get over it. So it would seem that his audience isn't the typical Cold Python audience.

I've never owned one, not a Colt guy beyond 3 1911's but it seems to me that a modern blue/walnut revolver is a lot about nostalgia and thus, changing the vents on the rib didn't make sense. Like putting GPS on a classic Harley Knucklehead - no sense.

Me

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
The video was cringeworthyโ€ฆ.where do they come up with these YT idiots?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MOGC

Dipchit...
He also said the new Python was first introduced in nickel. crazy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sure he's a nice guy but the comments on the video - lots of people who seem to know Pythons lamenting the 3 vents, others basically tell them to FOAD and get over it. So it would seem that his audience isn't the typical Cold Python audience.

I've never owned one, not a Colt guy beyond 3 1911's but it seems to me that a modern blue/walnut revolver is a lot about nostalgia and thus, changing the vents on the rib didn't make sense. Like putting GPS on a classic Harley Knucklehead - no sense.

Curious why they went to 3 vents on the rib?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MOGC
Why would Colt change the vent rib on this 4" blue version? Doesn't make sense to do that.
because they just wanted to ruin our ph%#king day... 4.25" by the way...

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
anybody else notice the "Python - Matte" sign on Cert's Shot Show pic... another option?... Matte Stainless im assuming...

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by local_dirt

just got done surfin'... THERE IS STILL HOPE!... the Guns & Ammo site (Snake guns at the Shot Show) has pics of a Blued 4.25" Python with 2 vents... fingers crossed... Pears!... oh pleaz Lort...

J
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Sportsmanโ€™s Warehouse already has them on their websiteโ€ฆ.photo shows 2 vents.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Guns.com also shows a matte stainless version and a bright stainless 4.25 with 3 vents. WTF are they doing?

Last edited by Sweets; 01/26/24.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
anybody else notice the "Python - Matte" sign on Cert's Shot Show pic... another option?... Matte Stainless im assuming...

Yes sir matte stainless

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Sweets
Guns.com also shows a matte stainless version and a bright stainless 4.25 with 3 vents. WTF are they doing?
sounds like the last nail in the coffin for 2 vents... handful of early production blued 2 vents made for press release be the Boa $$$$ of the future IMO... f--cking idiots F up a 2 car parade...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 444Matt, 1_deuce, 10 invisible), 1,456 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.