Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
With these scopes when the dot quits glowing, are they dead, or can the company recharge them? Iv been told yes and No?

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlering
With these scopes when the dot quits glowing, are they dead, or can the company recharge them? Iv been told yes and No?

My understanding is that the tritium element can be replaced. The tritium element is guaranteed for 15 years. https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/trijicon-customer-service.225958/

Trijicon also makes great battery powered lighted reticle scopes.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
They can be recharged. But they are not "dead" if the tritium goes out. You still have a usable reticle. You only lose the illumination aspect.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Are they both fiber optic and tritium?

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Yes

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The lit reticle runs off 2 light sources, natural light, and tritium. The tritium is only for when the sun drops below the horizon. If the tritium expires you still have a glowing reticle any time there is daylight.

Tritium typically lasts 10-15 years and yes, they will replace the tritium, for a service fee, if you send the scope to them.

The lit part of the reticle is still there in black if the tritium is dead and you block all light sorces. So worst case scenario, you end up with a normal non-lit reticle. And durring the day, if you want the illumination gone so you just have a black reticle, you just adjust the cover over the fiber optics

One nice thing about trijicon's design is that the brightness of the reticle automatically changes with the light level. So in bright sunlight you get a very bright reticle. As you go into dimmer areas the brightness goes down so you vision isnt washed out by too bright of a reticle.

Another nice thing is you never have to worry about batteries ot electronics. When the tritium goes bad, it is not like a light switch turning off, only at night will it gradually get darker over years. Only at last light or under extremely dark forrest canopy does the tritium actually start ti light the optic more than the natural surrounding light.

Last edited by Gohip2000; 01/14/24.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just sent back a brand new from the box 3-9x40 that was [bleep] on arrival. Wouldn't adjust and scattered shots from a super accurate 6xc all over the paper. Trijicon service totally impressed me. Answered first email contact in a few hours with a return authorization, let me know when they received it, and had it back to me in less than three weeks from first contact. One of the services they performed, per the service sheet, was "replace reticle (dim)." Hell, I'd not even noticed that in my one range session... Good on them, and I'll purposely be buying a few more solely from their warranty/repair service.

Way better than the Leupold I sent in early December and other than a "we have it" no resolution to-date... Their warranty/service department must be busy!!!

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I mounted a new 3 x 9 on a rifle this year and it died on the 7th shot. I kept shooting trying to zero it and after a box it was further off than when I started. The elevation adjustment was moving poi about half what I was inputting and on the 7th shot it jumped 3" left. Glad to hear they honor their warranty.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I bought a 1.x5 trijion, with the box yesterday for 80 bucks, like the rec.fig could use it anyway . Cross hair just black, have to look at it better today, bought it at the end of the show. Thanks for the replys!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I recently mounted a 3-9X on my 375 H&H M70 and sighted it in with zero issues. It has the green post reticle that should be ideal for this years brown bear hunt.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trijicon is good products and company.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If your buying trijicon optics for under $400 used, i would be very warry. There was a good amount of chinese knockoffs using trijicons name and selling for half the price. Trijicon customer service is great, the flagship optics are built tough, and they supplied our military for quite some time.
If you buying one used, ask for a picture of the serial number and you can verify with trijicon that they actually made it.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have a 3-9x40 green dot duplex accupoint the tritium died in and the fibre optic still lights the dot to 10-15 minutes past legal light or before legal light, 30 minutes before/after sunrise/sunset is legal light for us anyway. I'll never need to replace the tritium in that scope. We can't night hunt and don't need it for defensive means either like night vision, a light allows all reticles to work outside of night vision stuff.

This new 1-6 accupoint I got with the German #4 green is unreal, it just gets brighter and brighter as the night goes on, and you won't lose your gun, the tritium in the eye piece has 2 full triangle windows where the fibre optic gets light glowing bright blue in the dark. Very strong.

It does appear the older wrap around fibre optic grabs more light than the newer flat top (4 triangle windows) does imo so with a finer dot the fibre optic may not be enough at first/last light? I have no way of testing it, if the other one amplifies ambient light far enough to go 15 minutes beyond legal light I'm sure the flat top will still end up adequate to legal light without the tritium. So I suspect I'm grasping at straws trying to find some sort of possible down the road downside with this 1-6 scope but reality is I'll likely never need to send it back for new tritium either.

I will say though that new 1-6 German is something else as you come into primetime while hunting. Impressive glass and illumination, everything comes alive in that view.

Last edited by stinkycoyote; 01/15/24.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I sent them an Accupoint 1-4x that was dim and they shipped me back a brand new scope. Doesn't get better than that!

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I emailed them This weekend and had an email back from them before 6AM on Monday with an RA and return instructions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I mounted a new 3 x 9 on a rifle this year and it died on the 7th shot. I kept shooting trying to zero it and after a box it was further off than when I started. The elevation adjustment was moving poi about half what I was inputting and on the 7th shot it jumped 3" left. Glad to hear they honor their warranty.

They may have a Leupold saboteur in their ranks.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
It can happen with any brand. I have had 2 scopes bad right out of the box. Other was a Weaver Grand Slam.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Esox357
Trijicon is good products and company.

I've has 2 over the years, one Accupower is still on my primary hunting rifle. The other one was a Accupoint target scope that looked good on paper but once I got it I didn't care for. Was able to sell it as an open box item as I never mounted it, at a slight loss of $.

My fishing buddy wanted advice on a scope for his new Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor, I said get a Accupoint 3-9×. He did and really likes it.

We deal in lead, friend.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I am looking forward to getting mine back. The view was really good through it and I really liked the green dot in the center of the reticle that can be seen day or night. I could see to shoot with it all legal shooting time with it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

273 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 32 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,488
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.