Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Hello, I was just able to win a bid on a real nice Winchester 70 Mannlicher. The gun is missing the open sights. Do any of you have any knowledge or could point me in the correct direction to get a set of correct open sights for this rifle? Thanks.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joelbiltz
Hello, I was just able to win a bid on a real nice Winchester 70 Mannlicher. The gun is missing the open sights. Do any of you have any knowledge or could point me in the correct direction to get a set of correct open sights for this rifle? Thanks.

They have the same style of open sights that all of that era's Winchester 70s had between 1968 and 1972. Gunpartscorp or Jack First might have them.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

They have the same style of open sights that all of that era's Winchester 70s had between 1968 and 1972. Gunpartscorp or Jack First might have them.

Thank you sir. Do you know if they originally came with a front sight hood as well?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, they came with a front sight hood. At one time, I had 3 complete sets of those rifles, including one set that was NIB.

J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Yes, they came with a front sight hood. At one time, I had 3 complete sets of those rifles, including one set that was NIB.
Very nice! I have been wanting one for 20 plus years. I finally jumped on a real nice one off GB today. Just need to find the sights. So far I am striking out. Thank you for your help.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very nice! I have been wanting one for 20 plus years. I finally jumped on a real nice one off GB today. Just need to find the sights. So far I am striking out. Thank you for your help.

If you absolutely can't find any, shoot me a PM. I rarely sell my Winchester parts but I am a sucker for Mannlicher's and would help you out just to get it back to original.

At one time, I had 3 complete sets of those rifles, including one set that was NIB.

You Sir are a STUD and my new hero! Someday I will own ONE of these.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 160user

If you absolutely can't find any, shoot me a PM. I rarely sell my Winchester parts but I am a sucker for Mannlicher's and would help you out just to get it back to original.

At one time, I had 3 complete sets of those rifles, including one set that was NIB.

You Sir are a STUD and my new hero! Someday I will own ONE of these.

Wow. Thank you. I have been digging and have sent several emails. Waiting to hear back from a couple yet but as of now no luck. I’ll get with you in a week or two if I can not dig a set up. Thank you for your kindness and offer.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

467 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 17Fan, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 59 invisible), 2,867 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,112
Posts18,483,376
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.