Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
1st year Winchester 1905 SLR 35 cal - Law Enforcement

When I saw this for sale at a local Gun Show, I couldn't resist adding it to my collection of Law Enforcement Guns. The Officer was so proud of this rifle that he made a custom case to keep his trusty rifle safe.

[Linked Image]

You never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early.
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Looks good, I never bothered with them, I have three of the
1907 in 351
And one of the 1910 401 calibres, the 401 has a good bit more energy and you know when you fire it.
Some call it the hammer of Thor.

I believe you can use 38 or 357 brass to make cases.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
From another site,,,

cases can be hand filed from .38spl brass. I finger press a case into a .38spl die so that I have something to hold onto, and use a small flat file to reduce the rim to .405. Then a small triangle file to reduce the thickness and get a bit of extractor groove at the same time. When the case fits a 9mm shell holder, it will work fine in my rifle. I like RP cases, there is already a bit of a groove there. It only takes about 5 minutes per case.

trim the cases to 1.14 with a .38spl Lee case trimmer, I had to shorten the pin just a hair with a sharpening stone. I just use a .38/357 sizing die and 9mm shell holder. I do not expand the case mouth, the bullets seat firmly and you can feel each driving band as it is seated. No crimp either.
CCI small rifle primer and 10gr 2400 was barely enough to eject the case and feed a new one. This will be my range load, so that I do not have to chase brass, the brass literally went 6" onto the bench. Accuracy was only fair but with no leading of the barrel. Really this was just a chech for function, I was suprised that the loads were strong enough to work the action.
Next loads will be 11gr 2400, and I will slowly work up. I will be taking this rifle hog hunting in the N Texas brush this fall. I will post a range report with the new loads next outing. Many thanks to all the info in this forum , I am glad to know that I am not the only one to think these old rifles are great.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The case is as cool as the rifle.

The address:

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.9726768,-87.9181614,3a,75y,86.77h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sYJxmDxquofBH7AGRT2_LhA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Craigster
The address:

I'm not sure why you thought it necessary to show the house? It disrespects their privacy!

IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Those rifles are ergonomic wonders of their day. Brilliant innovations.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by buckstix
The address:

I'm not sure why you thought it necessary to show the house? It disrespects their privacy!

Just for fun to show where the gun may have been at one time. As far as "privacy" goes, ask Google.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just for fun to show where the gun may have been at one time. As far as "privacy" goes, ask Google.

Google didn't post the link you did.

HOW ABOUT IT MR MODERATOR - REMOVE THE LINK TO THE GUY'S HOUSE TO RESPECT HIS PRIVACY

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
The link came from Google, it ain't rocket surgery. Like it or not, they've got your number.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Google didn't post the link you did.

HOW ABOUT IT MR MODERATOR - REMOVE THE LINK TO THE GUY'S HOUSE TO RESPECT HIS PRIVACY

Your the guy that posted the the picture of the case with the address, not me. Did privacy happen to cross YOUR mind ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
HAD IT OCCURRED THAT SOMEONE WOULD ACTUALLY POST A LINK TO HIS HOUSE, I WOULDN'T HAVE SHOWN IT. ARE YOU PROUD OF YOURSELF? DID YOU REALLY THINK IT NECESSARY?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Do you actually know who lives at the address on the picture of the gun case YOU posted?

Dude, I would suggest you unwad your panties.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
You are a disgrace to this forum and the service.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
When I first "met" you here on the Fire you came across as a pretty good guy. Well, can't always judge a book by the cover. A disgrace to the service?, if you only knew.

GFY

And for those of you who may have missed it, here's the address that fucstix publicized in the first place

http://www.buckstix.com/buckpics/35WIN-SLR-000.jpg

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
And why have the original photos been altered/blured obscuring the name and address on the plate ? Nice try, fucstix.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular

I will let others judge if posting a link to show pictures of his house is honorable.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I will let others judge if posting a link to show pictures of his house is honorable.

His house ? Who's house ? It's just a picture of a house. Do you plan on answering any of the questions I have asked ?

Old Corps

Semper Fi

FJB
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
buckstix - I have my great grandfathers 1905, with a 2 digit SN. Was fun to shoot, back in the day!
I need to make it speak again!
Congrats.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
You are a disgrace to this forum and the service.

What's this "moderator" you invoke? I think you're confusing the Campfire with some other site.

Mathew 22: 37-39

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Hello cra1948,

I thought this forum site had a moderator to insure that posts follow the rules ... posting a link to show pictures of the former owner's house is against this forum's privacy policy.

I made the mistake in originally showing the brass plate that had the former owner's name and address, never thinking that someone would use that information to post a link to his house. That's pretty childish and serves no purpose.

If you read through all the posts you can see the lack of integrity and the vulgar reply of the individual.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 1234, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,926
Posts18,479,807
Members73,953
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.