These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
[bleep] Canada. They just had to put their plan to start killing the mentally ill on hold, only because no doctors signed up to do the dirty work. Geez.

My experience with southern Canadians is that they are a bunch of know it all, talk through their ass, dumbf*ck, mouth breathers that have ZERO clue what is going on in the world.

They watch their propaganda news and talk schidt. Watch their propaganda news and talk schidt.

Over and over and over again.

They are blatantly stupid people.

Sorry Capt. Australia native but it's the truth.

I haven’t had that issue. Plenty like that here in MN too. I can generally brush that off.

I’ve met plenty of nice Canadian folks. My experiences have been with the guides and outfitters, fishing related, trying to screw me over to catch a few damn walleyes. And their gun laws seem to suck plenty.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
[bleep] Canada. They just had to put their plan to start killing the mentally ill on hold, only because no doctors signed up to do the dirty work. Geez.
Wasn't that already tried over in Europe somewhere in the late 1930s and 1940s

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by tzone

My experience with southern Canadians is that they are a bunch of know it all, talk through their ass, dumbf*ck, mouth breathers that have ZERO clue what is going on in the world.

They watch their propaganda news and talk schidt. Watch their propaganda news and talk schidt.

I haven’t had that issue. Plenty like that here in MN too. I can generally brush that off.

I’ve met plenty of nice Canadian folks. My experiences have been with the guides and outfitters, fishing related, trying to screw me over to catch a few damn walleyes. And their gun laws seem to suck plenty.

I've experienced it plenty. Being related to one of them through marriage and listening to their family's ignorance over the years has got me plenty turned off on Canadians that live close to the US border.

They are arrogant and stupid as fugck at the same time.

Best line I heard from one of those retards was "well, if you didn't half that Trumphh guy, your country could be good too!"

Actually I take that back. The best line I heard was "If you have enough money in your checking account, you don't need car insurance in the States."

This is how F'ng dumb some of these people are and they grew up within 20 miles of the border.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hi , I'm an actual Canadian. I'm willing to answer most questions any Americans have about Canada . Let's hear it . Does anyone have any ?

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Malcolm
Hi , I'm an actual Canadian. I'm willing to answer most questions any Americans have about Canada . Let's hear it . Does anyone have any ?

Hi Malcolm and welcome.

Why are southern Manitoban's dumber than a bag of hammers?

Last edited by Rooster7; 02/03/24.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That's a tough one . But you may be right.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
That's a tough one . But you may be right.

Lol.

I like you already.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
Hey Malcolm, or any of y’all that do cross a lot in Canada, how do you off load your guns on US side, is there special places to store, lockup, secure your guns until you come back to US after vaccination in Canada, this has got to come up a lot, my uncle had a shotgun in his RV and crossed over years ago, he didn’t come home with his SG. Thanks

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Winnipeg is the Federal Tax center where they collect Income Tax and administer other Canadain Retirement Savings Plans . Almost every Province (10 ) is notable for a particular entity ; like Saskatchewan, the RCMP in Regina , Ontario, the Capitol Ottawa. PEI ,potatoes. Quebec Frenchies ,Alberta cowboys ,oil , New Brunswick Firearms Program and sardines ,BC. rain ,lumber . etc. It's all there but you never live long enough to get to see it all .
I'm glad we have the U.S.A. closely and whenever the wars come we get to be a formidable combination.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't know Angus, too much about what happens at the border. Trudeau is bad news for guns and I cross the border about 12 times a year . I believe the safest and right thing to do is tell the border if you have rifles when you cross ,pistols we can't even sell them here and he's after hunting rifles now too. He's gun shy. When Pollieve gets in things will likely change . Americans who would like to bring a rifle with them on holidays should make sure no one can steal it from their vehicle and make known to any one that you even have one. Indians will steal and some whites too. I don't think it is like it was after the War when guns came over the border all the time. Now I don't think you can bring handguns in.

A
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A
I would like to see Canada before I die, got to be beautiful, I carry a gun or three every day, never travel w/o, I would right up to border, just don’t trust giving it to any government employees at border. I know this has got to happen, I not worried about anything on Canada side just our side.😁

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I lived in Calgary for 4 1/2 years under Stephen Harper's leadership and thoroughly enjoyed my time there, both professionally and personally. My middle son went through and graduated high school there, William Aberhart High School. I have hunted BC twice since but have lost all desire to return.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I wouldn't trust giving my guns to them at the border . They would probably be OK but boys will be boys and they wouldn't exactly keep them oiled for you when you were gone.
It would be different carrying a gun on you whenever you went out . The US has 10 times as many people as Canada . I like to carry / take a rifle on holidays when in the bush exploring or camping and wish I could take my p38 on hikes in my pack but to do that you must apply for wilderness protection like flying your plane over wild country or remote places with big bears or cougars.
You have to be carefull where you shoot and make sure there is no one else around and of your target .
22s are dangerous out to about a mile but 308s etc .are a whole different ball game.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Stephen Harper was the best Prime Minister of my lifetime but I wish Trudeau would take a long walk off a short pier.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Hi Malcolm and welcome.

Why are southern Manitoban's dumber than a bag of hammers?

Rooster7;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the first weekend of the second month is behaving and you're well.

Since we've got family on both sides who are kinda sorta in southern Manitoba, I feel somewhat qualified to attempt an answer, but have to tell you this one quickly first.

My late father in law's people came from around Brainerd, MN and his father decided to move up into Manitoba at the turn of the century after the second time he ended up stranded in a Minnesota blizzard.

The first time he let the horse go and sheltered in the covered sleigh for a couple days and the second time he was stuck in the barn for two days as he couldn't see the house which was about 60 yards away. The family in the house didn't know if he was alive or not either of course.

So my wife's grandfather and Civil War veteran great grandfather homesteaded in Manitoba 121 years ago.

Now Rooster, I suppose the winters might wear the southern Manitoba folks down some too?

It gets fairly chilly there, but then depending on where you're at in Minnesota, you'd be fairly aware of the north winds that start a north of Edmonton and are just getting moving briskly as they pass through southern Manitoba on the way to you folks. wink

Now as born and raised Saskatchewan boy who moved west to the land of fruits and nuts 40 years ago, there's some that'd question my ability to assess anything whatsoever - as in at all...

They might well have a point too.

The one litmus test I run on my fellow Canadians anymore is whether they listen to the state funded media or not. If they do, they're going to be in tough shape on many levels alright.

Hope that cleared up some questions or at least made you chuckle.

All the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/03/24. Reason: better wording?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus55
Hey Malcolm, or any of y’all that do cross a lot in Canada, how do you off load your guns on US side, is there special places to store, lockup, secure your guns until you come back to US after vaccination in Canada, this has got to come up a lot, my uncle had a shotgun in his RV and crossed over years ago, he didn’t come home with his SG. Thanks

Angus55;
Good evening to you sir, I hope all is as well as can be with you and those who matter in your life.

While I realize you're not hunting up here, there's a thread in the Canada section which might help you answer a few other questions about crossing the medicine line and coming up here.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...60/planning-a-hunt-in-canada#Post6042560

As far as I'm aware, there's no government agency that you could store your firearm with and then retrieve it on the way back.

There's a possibility you could leave it at a gun shop on the US side prior to crossing and they might hold it for a fee? Not sure about that one at all, sorry.

In that thread there's fairly up to date links as to what you can legally cross into Canada with as far as firearms.

As I'm not sure of the details of what happened with your uncle, his RV and his shotgun, I won't speculate, but either side will seize undeclared firearms.

Hope that made some sense and is useful for you or someone traveling north.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The drive from our place in Calgary to our place in Sandpoint was always spectacular, year round.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sandpoint Washington was the name of the base that we stayed at for a night or 2 back in the 80's. We were visiting troops there as Canadian Reserves. I heard that the barracks burt down later. When we were there it was a beautiful place by the sea.

K
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
K

Would it be fair to assume your parents were cousins?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,383
Posts18,488,595
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.