Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RickF Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Has anyone got their hands on these yet? I seem to be talking myself into a pair.

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

Stolen from an erudite CF member.
GB1

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Tag

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
RickF Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Bump

Anybody who seriously concerns themselves with the adequacy of a Big 7mm for anything we hunt here short of brown bear, is a dufus. They are mostly making shidt up. Crunch! Nite-nite!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I am interested too.
Being my dominant eye the left one, and the numbers appearing on the right ocular, I need them to stand out bright enough so my non dominant right eye can focus on them and actually see them without closing my left eye.
If I explain myself...
Anybody, how do the x42s work in this sense, how bright and how much do the numbers stan out in good light?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickF
Has anyone got their hands on these yet?
Yes. I only bow hunt and deer hunt with a revolver but rather than continuing using my 8x32 ELs plus handheld rangefinder I wanted the convenience of a lightweight, all in one solution.

The price of admission is high but you only live once, right. smile

There is no optical degradation that I can tell going back and forth between the 8x32 EL and the EL Range. The only features I've messed with is changing the readout from meters (which is how it came) to yards, and messing around with the brightness settings. Both are quick and easy to do.

Originally Posted by RickF
I seem to be talking myself into a pair.

Just do it. grin

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve had them for months, replacing 2 pair of binoculars. I had the Swarovision EL 10X42 rangefinder and the 8X32 NL Pure.

These are the top of the line in Binoculars. There seems to be some question if they are as good as Meopta and Vortex, but none the less, Swarovski sits at the top of the optic scale.

I like a smaller binocular for most of my hunting, so that is why I had the NL Pure. I had the 8X32 EL Swarovision previous to the NL, and liked the size better than the full sized 8.5X 42. For archery hunting, I used the NL and a Leica CRF rangefinder. Not the best for convenience, but darned good. I relied on the 10X42 EL range for big game and prairie dogs.

When the Leica 8X32 range appeared, I bought them, thinking this might be the perfect binocular. I was wrong, sadly they were too big and the laser readout had a 2-3 second delay, which made them impractical. Luckily I got them sold and when the Swarovski 8X32 range became available, I got them.

Be prepared for no disappointment. These are fantastic. The size is not much different than the EL 8X32 and the electronics are packed minimally in the right tube with no cumbersome effect to your hand or glassing. Ranges to 1500 yards are not uncommon and the view is astounding. I don’t know how they could improve this binocular, but when they do I will have to look at them to see how they could…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
When the Leica 8X32 range appeared, I bought them, thinking this might be the perfect binocular. I was wrong, sadly they were too big and the laser readout had a 2-3 second delay, which made them impractical.

I was going to buy the Leica 8x32 to save a few hundred bucks, 'til I read your review about the delay and went with the Swaros.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I agree with Shrapnel re the 8x32 EL’s. I didn’t have the RF but went from them to 8x42 el to 10x42 PURE and now going back to 8x42 El and likely RF.

RickF Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks all, I appreciate it.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I know it's not the 8x32's that you are discussing, but the 8x42's with fieldpro package are on sale at EuroOptic for $1999.

https://www.eurooptic.com/swarovski-el-range-binocular-fieldpro-package-8x42-70018.aspx

Providing digital marketing services for startups & small-to-midsize companies - including website design/hosting, videography and editing.

www.jolinmedia.com
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jolintaxidermy
I know it's not the 8x32's that you are discussing, but the 8x42's with fieldpro package are on sale at EuroOptic for $1999.

https://www.eurooptic.com/swarovski-el-range-binocular-fieldpro-package-8x42-70018.aspx
that looks like the old model without T/A, TA is a gimmick, whats not a gimmik is way better glass on the new model. IMO worth the extra.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

254 members (257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 29aholic, 264mag, 32 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,489
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.