Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Most of you are probably very informed on this but this lawyer describes what you should do if the police (BATF) shows up at your door or a cop pulls you over and wants to see your guns

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every cop and every sheriff are driven by their political handlers. If you live in a county dominated by political leftists, this is a real problem for you. I have never asked to see anyone's guns unless I was there for a real valid law enforcement reason. If you live in a leftist dominated county or your city is run by political leftists, this is probably a video you want to see.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Tracker
Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
It doesn't take 20 minutes...

Warrant. Now fลฉckoff.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good info

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You need a 20min video? Just say no. Lol

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

well he presents it a bit more nuanced than that, especially when it comes to being pulled over in a car. He gets into how cops can do things to justify their actions or to put you in a bind - furtive actions and implied statements. Its worth hearing, IMO

Last edited by KFWA; 01/29/24.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
But how will you become internet famous if you don't interact with them? Film the encounter with an 1980s tier digital camera, frame the whole thing poorly so it is hard to tell who is who, make sure no one ever shows a badge or has any identifying markings on their "uniform".

One of my favorites of this genre was the one where the lady "ATF agent" had a gong in her plate carrier.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

well he presents it a bit more nuanced than that, especially when it comes to being pulled over in a car. He gets into how cops can do things to justify their actions or to put you in a bind - furtive actions and implied statements. Its worth hearing, IMO

It's really not. People make this [bleep] way too complicated.

Just say no. If they come back with a search warrant, comply, and seek legal counsel.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 01/29/24.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thanks for posting.

NRA Patron
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020
Every cop and every sheriff are driven by their political handlers. If you live in a county dominated by political leftists, this is a real problem for you. I have never asked to see anyone's guns unless I was there for a real valid law enforcement reason. If you live in a leftist dominated county or your city is run by political leftists, this is probably a video you want to see.

kwg

Where you are at means everything

I grew up at a crossroads in the northern tier of NY state
If you got pulled over you got out and went back to talk to the copโ€ฆโ€ฆyou knew them all.

Moved to Southern California and worked in Santa Anaโ€ฆ.. night shift.
I had a light out and got pulled over and started to walk backโ€ฆ.
โ€œFREEZE!!!!!! โ€œHad his gun out and pointed at meโ€ฆโ€ฆ..I frozeโ€ฆ..
Good cop. I explainedโ€ฆโ€ฆhe explainedโ€ฆโ€ฆ..dome light on and hands out the window and they were very friendly.
Always did it and cops were friendly .

Moved to north western Missouriโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.
Got pulled over and did the dome light/hands out the window.
He came up with gun out โ€ฆโ€ฆ.thought I was a known Felon with a warrant out or something. Why else would anyone do that?

I explainedโ€ฆโ€ฆ.he listened and chuckledโ€ฆโ€ฆ.and said Sant Ana must be a real bell holeโ€ฆโ€ฆit was.

Now I turn on the dome Light and keep my hands on top of the wheel.
Nervous cops are scaryโ€ฆ

Last edited by 257_X_50; 01/29/24.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The Readers Digest version is basically no, you donโ€™t need to show a cop or BATF any gun without a search warrant.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by shrapnel
The Readers Digest version is basically no, you donโ€™t need to show a cop or BATF any gun without a search warrant.

And if you get pulled over, do not consent to a search of your vehicle, and do not make furtive movements because a cop will use those to justify a search whether you consent or not.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by shrapnel

And if you get pulled over, do not consent to a search of your vehicle, and do not make furtive movements because a cop will use those to justify a search whether you consent or not.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I've told my kids - you get pulled over - hands on the steering wheel until you are asked to show identification. Its not just black kids that need to hear that.

another thing from the video is in the era of body cameras, you use that your advantage and be very vocal about what you are doing, along with stating you do not consent

Last edited by KFWA; 01/30/24.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
might as well just play along with whatever crap the cop demands. He CAN shoot you, and often does if he 'feels threatened'

Last edited by Mannlicher; 01/30/24.

Sam......

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I was told in a concealed carry class 20 years ago that if you get pulled over tell the cop your concealed carry and where the gun is located. Mine is usually in the console along with my insurance card and registration. Id hate to get shot cause he saw a gun when i grab my apapers

We might have to be neighbors, but I donโ€™t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
lots of stories about people telling the cop "just so you know, I have a gun, I don't want you alarmed" and the cop responds "you don't show me yours and I won't show you mine" which is a pretty cool response

but I think this video is more about where you can tell immediately the cop pulling you over isn't that type, and it starts with the premise the cop (or BATF) is asking to see your gun

Last edited by KFWA; 01/30/24.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IA_fog
I was told in a concealed carry class 20 years ago that if you get pulled over tell the cop your concealed carry and where the gun is located. Mine is usually in the console along with my insurance card and registration. Id hate to get shot cause he saw a gun when i grab my apapers

Why don't you keep them in different spots?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
might as well just play along with whatever crap the cop demands. He CAN shoot you, and often does if he 'feels threatened'

I tend to drive over the speed limit when it's safe. I've been pulled over for speeding three times in the last ten years and not only didn't get shot, I only got a ticket one out of three times.

Both times I only got a warning, I knew what was happening before he turned his lights on, found a safe spot where I could get off the road and he could do his business well off the road, and pulled over before he pulled me over. I think they really appreciate that, last time was a month ago in S. Carolina, the guy knew I was from out of state and we had a pleasant 10-minute chat about various places we'd lived.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Exactly, my insurance and registration are in a zippered holder on the visor above my head.
When I get stopped, my drivers license, insurance, and registration are in my hands with my hands on top of the steering wheel, before the cop gets out of his car.

NRA Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dale06

Exactly, my insurance and registration are in a zippered holder on the visor above my head.
When I get stopped, my drivers license, insurance, and registration are in my hands with my hands on top of the steering wheel, before the cop gets out of his car.
Unless you are driving with those items always in your hands this is a bad idea.

Donโ€™t care where you store your papers or carry your wallet, digging for those items, especially your wallet, can be considered furtive movement. As pointed out in the video, you donโ€™t need or want that.

Last edited by steve4102; 01/30/24.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Donโ€™t some states have a โ€œDuty to Informโ€ statute in their CCW regulations if you get pulled over on the road? Last time I checked, the state I live in, GA does not have โ€œDuty to Informโ€ statute.

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102

Unless you are driving with those items always in your hands this is a bad idea.

Donโ€™t care where you store your papers or carry your wallet, digging for those items, especially your wallet, can be considered furtive movement. As pointed out in the video, you donโ€™t need or want that.

based on the video, I would say the key is to not do any of it until asked and make sure you acknowledge responses to requests on a voice clear to avoid any confusion on the body cam.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

That's where I keep them too, but I wait until he asks for them. When he's standing right there outside the window, he can see exactly what I'm doing and that I'm doing it in response to his request.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (160user, 1minute, 257Bob, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 60 invisible), 15,150 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,144
Posts18,542,528
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.