Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by JDK
I must live in a gun desert. The used gun market here has all but dried up. Can get all the Savage Axis, Ruger American, or Henry levers I want. Finding a decent affordable used rifle is next to impossible

You must. I live in the Shenandoah Valley and have struggled to sell anything. Don’t even get calls for the most part. I think many people are just trying to make ends meet.

It’s also tax season, and people will need to pay the tax man.

This goes back months, even before Christmas, and Back-to School.

What fresh Hell is this?
HR IC

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm going to a gunsmith tomorrow to see if he can finish getting the front sight screw shanks out of the barrel for me. They were broke off in there when I bought it used 20 some years ago. I found an original set of sights on the fire for it and I'm trying to put it back to original shape for my boys.

I didn't realize 7s where bringing that much. This is a really nice deep blued checkered walnut 6mm from 1980. I tried to drill the screws out a bit on my own and now I'm really hoping I didn't screw it up seeing what it could be worth. Not sure about the smith I'm going to locally. If I knew the right guy for sure I'd mail it off to have it done.

The first deer I saw shot my dad did it with a 6mm and I shot my first several with a 6mm. I still have my 700bdl for one boy so I plan to give my other boy this model 7 so they can carry on traditions.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 01/30/24.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Cabelas just had a 760 in 35 Rem and I think they wanted $599 which was about $450 more than I thought it was worth. The one thing I’ve found in the decades I spent buying and selling under my FFL is that you cannot chase stupidity. $7000 for a 760 is the definition of stupidity!

Bingo^^^ We got a winner...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by JDK
I must live in a gun desert. The used gun market here has all but dried up. Can get all the Savage Axis, Ruger American, or Henry levers I want. Finding a decent affordable used rifle is next to impossible

That sucks. I live in the literal "desert", and there are plenty of great deals on old rifles and other guns. Pistols, shotguns, etc. etc...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jevyod: If YOU saw those guns sell for those amounts then that is what they were worth - "ridiculous" in some peoples opinions but that does NOT change reality!
Indeed Remington Model 7's around here sell quickly and at high prices - no matter what the venue.
Those that wish for Remington Model 7's to be available for $575.00 to $700.00 are living a pipe dream - those days are LONG, LONG gone.
Come on back Big Green - please!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Its only a matter of time...Remarms will bring back the Model Seven, they know they would sell like hotcakes for a while anyway....Hb

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Does anyone make a custom action that fits a model 7 foot print? I still say there's room for a good custom mini sized action. Maybe something that could do 223 based rounds and 7.62x39 based and arc type rounds.

It would be cool to have it have the ability to seat 223 out to 2.5" with a little wiggle room say a 2.6" mag box. It could also have bolt options for 22 hornet and khornet and the 17 hornet. Even an option for 5.7x28 would be fun. Other options could be for the 350 and 400 legend and another for BRs and washers.

You could maybe base it off a model 7 footprint but it might be nice to go even smaller with a flat bottom and in intergrel lug like a little bigger howa mini that didn't have an action screw in the middle of the recoil lug for easier bedding. And one that took rem triggers.

No need to go round bottom just to use round stock with today's cnc machined. Especially if you're going for an intergrel lug anyways. Index the threading and keep the tolerance to were people could offer shouldered prefits. I'll be a few would sell if you could figure out the feedrails for each cartridge type or have nice flush fitting mags for each cartridge type.

How are the custom bottom metals that are bdl style for howa minis set up to handle feeding? It's got to be some integral lips on the mag box I'm guessing.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a nice walnut seven in 223, maybe 95%. I’d be willing to entertain selling it at those prices.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

260 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 31 invisible), 1,734 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.