If you’re trying to build a very lightweight rifle, you have to pursue every gram. 8 ounces is huge! For a project like this I use the lightest, plastic swivels I can find & stitch the correct length of nylon strap to them in order to eliminate buckles, extra strap, etc. I even cut the 1/3” superfluous length of the swivel bolts. Titanium action bolts replace the steel for another fraction of an ounce.

It’s like wealthy people say about amassing wealth, “if you don’t count the pennies, you’ll never count the dollars”.

Balance is not bad to me, but I prefer Rifles slightly muzzle heavy. The end result will depend on the sighting options you choose. With a reflex sight it feels more muzzle heavy than with a 1.5x5 variable scope.

I wind up adding a bit of weight back to the muzzle end due to embedding a carbon arrow shaft into the forearm with plastic epoxy. This, to stiffen the already well designed honeycomb forearm & prevent barrel contact.

Mine winds up about 5-3/4 lbs. loaded, scoped & slung. 1/2 lb. less with a reflex dot sight. Feels like carrying a broom handle while you’re climbing.

Oh, and F any of y’all that don’t like it. (Grin)