Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
it really is not funny and shameful , we have the same problems , look at the island full of moose Isle Royal how that is being handled by bringing wolves in to kill moose. we could have made money selling licenses and hunts but no these over educated worthless liberals have a different expensive way with our tax money .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
pete53;
Good afternoon or likely evening out your way, thanks for the reply.

It is shameful that instead of providing much needed and appreciated protein for lots of folks in both instances, the folks in charge find a more expensive and less logical solution.

More evidence of JSTUART's contention that indeed "they hate us".

All the best to you this weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Canadian Government doesn't know the FIRST THING about Wildlife management.

The wholesale slaughter of animals is so F'ing stupid, it's unimaginable!

The animals in Canada and Canadians that hunt are F'ed.

Canadian Wildlife Management Policy. Stick your finger up your arse, put it in the air and see which way the wind blows, and make political decisions that have no bearing on reality.

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/26/24.

KB

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ungulate management isn't the Federal governments job, that is the Provincial governments deal, so not sure what has happened here, perhaps its not a native species, but an introduced species?....unless I'm missing something?

The Federal government has jurisdiction for migratory fish and game, such as Salmon, Geese etc....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Top of the morning my friend, I hope it's warmer up there too and the last Saturday of the month finds you all well.

My understanding of how the Feds got involved is that a chunk of Sydney Island a National Park since 2003.

So even though they've set a precedent and allowed FN hunters into Banff or Jasper already, "they" seemed not to want to allow local BC hunter access on this one.

That said, on that BC forum I'm on, there's one fellow from Victoria who has participated in culls on that island before, but I'm not clear if they were only on the private land or not.

At one time I wanted to go shoot a Fallow on one of the Gulf Islands as that would complete my "One of every deer species in BC" list.

In the early '90's it was a goal for me as I'd managed a Columbia Blacktail from Saltspring and a Sitka Blacktail from South Moresby on what was then the Charlotte's, now Haida Gwaii.

Anyways, it's the National Park thing that's got their toe in this water.

All the best.

Dwayne

IC B2

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dwayne, thanks for that.....The National park....that is what I was missing.

Everything about the cull is wrong, and when you consider its a Federal entity, that explains the issue completely.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Morning once more sir.

Totally agree with your thought "Everything about culling is wrong" - especially if the Feds are involved and the meat is wasted.

I can see a cull in a closed ecosystem, but not saving the meat is reprehensible.

All the best.

Dwayne

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can think of a cull that would benefit most Citizens and Ungulates alike.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
They could have a lottery for that tag! GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
Ungulate management isn't the Federal governments job, that is the Provincial governments deal, so not sure what has happened here, perhaps its not a native species, but an introduced species?....unless I'm missing something?

The Federal government has jurisdiction for migratory fish and game, such as Salmon, Geese etc....

Correct 673, having lived in 5 provinces and hunted and fished in 7, I should have been more specific. Both the Provincial and Federal governments do a piss poor job in both Fish and Game Management. I can cite numerous examples, which I have personally witnessed.

Here are a couple of examples in BC that you are already familiar with. Grizzly Management and the Skeena River situation. I have been fishing the Skeena River for many years, really Pathetic!

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/27/24.

KB

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

yes they were introduced from somewhere either G Briton or Europe,
They inter bread with the Columbia Black Tail which are a cousin of mule deer. they are slightly smaller then the CBT T and their antlers spoon like a Cariboeu.[Look up Fallow Deer].
Sidney Island and i think James Island[EX CIL plant] have lots of them and they swim over to the Saanich peninsula where they have interbread with the CBT.

60 years ago i was on Sidney Island helping the major land owner culling wild domestic goats because they were over grazing and in the way of his sheep flock. The guy owned almost a Quarter of the Island.

Norm

Last edited by norm99; 02/01/24.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 46 invisible), 2,317 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,304
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.