Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just a suggestion, I'd use a barrel band swivel stud. The action bar rides on an O-ring on the action tube and IME the swivel mount type you're using and stress the O-ring.
YMMV Dave

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
HR IC

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
According to the Gary Schucetti (sp) article that and the 180 rn remingt I n are the two most reliable projectiles avail. Hold together at 3k and still expand at 1500

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Good looking rifle. I've heard other people say that a peep sight was a no go with a raised comb stock......my opinion (and I could be wrong) is that I have a smaller than average head and the distance between my cheekbone and eye is less than some so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me with this stock. That said a straight stock would likely be perfect.

I, on the other hand have a rather large head. Some of my co-workers call me pumpkin head. I'm just glad they talk to me. smile

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
Just a suggestion, I'd use a barrel band swivel stud. The action bar rides on an O-ring on the action tube and IME the swivel mount type you're using and stress the O-ring.
YMMV Dave

Yeah I don't disagree. This rifle came with this forearm sling swivel on it, they are better for the real early 760's with the forearm cap and barrel support on them. I have a later model 760 with a barrel band swivel and also another 7600 with the barrel band. So far I generally carry this rifle in hand and rarely used the sling, but I agree with you, I should change that for long term.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by ShadeTree
Good looking rifle. I've heard other people say that a peep sight was a no go with a raised comb stock......my opinion (and I could be wrong) is that I have a smaller than average head and the distance between my cheekbone and eye is less than some so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me with this stock. That said a straight stock would likely be perfect.

I, on the other hand have a rather large head. Some of my co-workers call me pumpkin head. I'm just glad they talk to me. smile

Lol. We all have our cross to bear. I'm small headed and have no hair. Finding a hat that looks and fits decent without looking like I have it adjusted to fit like a 12 yr old is a chore.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

326 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 10Glocks, 33 invisible), 1,782 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,362
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.