and that insight helps me how?

Fair point.
It doesn’t help you.

NRA Patron

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StGeorger
I can't imagine the new top dogs wanting to read a stack of kiss ass letters.

I missed the paragraph in which I did that.....

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
This is why I couldn't work in an office.

My letter would say, "hey, I'm dassa. Feel free to ask me any questions about what we do here."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This may seem a bit savage, but: Make sure it fits on one side of a single 8 1/2 by 11 page, preferably double spaced (at worst 1 1/2 space) with one-inch margins. 12-point font and no right justification. Open with a welcome, and close with being available for further conversations. No one wants to read one's evolution from the primordial soup. Leave that to James Michner. I'd be inclined to list my starting position and date, and then get to one's present roll perhaps listing who and what one presently oversees or supervises. If at all possible, do a list as opposed to defining everything. Leave out community doings.

Good luck,

Last edited by 1minute; 02/03/24.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Use pharmsellers opening paragraph. Modify the below with that.

Allow me to introduce myself to our new management team. I joined the company in late May 1988, immediately after graduating from Poplar Bluff Tech. Completing a four-year Missouri State Accredited Apprenticeship in Precision Injection Mold Making by 1992, I furthered my skills in both the technical and managerial aspects. By early 1997, I earned the position of Journeyman and, within six months, was promoted to Leadman over New Build Cell #2.

My expertise in managing costs and overseeing the construction of 12 to 14 new injection molds annually, along with leading a team of 8 to 10 toolmakers, defined my role in mold build for many years. Transitioning to a smaller staffing scenario followed the dissolution of our large tooling department by new management.

Embarking on an exciting role with RPS, I acknowledge the responsibilities of performance, education, technical correspondence, and ROI. While taking on new assignments every couple of weeks, I'm committed to making a daily impact, utilizing my skills in machine operation, mold troubleshooting, and employee education to enhance RPS across all facets.

On a personal note, born in St. Louis, Missouri, I've been happily married to Tricia for over 35 years. With two sons in their early 30s and two granddaughters, family time and socializing with friends are cherished. Actively engaged in our local Rescue Mission and various lodges, my loyalty to the company over the years is undeniable, and I aspire to contribute to its unparalleled growth in the future, standing proudly amidst an era of frequent job changes.

Ted;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day's behaved and this finds you and your fine family well.

In a former life I did the corporate correspondence to the provincial WorkSafe case managers, doctors and adjudicators as well as dealing with family and tax court issues which affected employees and some of the legal and business stuff would get bounced off my desk too.

As well, I was the guy in the local gun club who'd write the letters to the federal and provincial politicians along with the odd judge.

Anyways Ted, all that to say that attempting to articulate my thoughts in writing is easier than knowing what it is that your HR department might be expecting you to do.

That said, since you don't know the new manager from a fig, if you follow pharmseller's and Ben Lurkin's format, you've done what was asked of you and it's on record that way.

Unfortunately I've been present when petty managers, looking for any excuse, will remember the most insignificant things. Submitting a decent letter would not allow them to say later on that you didn't comply or it wasn't what they were looking for.

Still on the unfortunately part, different professions all have their own lingo, so when I'd write letters to the WorkSafe folks, they had nomenclature that was unique to them like "compensable injury" or "measurable discomfort" for a couple.

Anyways, throw in both pharm's and Ben's lingo, it's what the HR guy wants to see I'm betting, especially if he's gone to school for it.

Thoughts from a random semi-old guy who had one too many rodeos with no pay window in my working life and all that.

Good luck with it Ted whichever way you go and all the best.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/03/24. Reason: better wording?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Best of luck under the new management.

Have a plan to move forward without the company you have given 30+ years of your life.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ted, wishing you all the best that life has to offer.

Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Good advice here. Question - do you have any aspirational goals at the company? A new role, promotion, a special project? You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression. You have an opportunity to do so here with the “top brass” in a receptive mood that you may not get otherwise. Just my $0.02

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Did you research the new exec's backgrounds? Are they corporate raiders? Brought in to downsize? Replacing the top two positions is most often done for a drastic change. Good luck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I might say: "...I held that position for many years until the tooling department was reorganized in..."

Rather than: "I held that position for many years until transitioning to a much smaller staffing scenario as our very large tooling department was dissolved by new management."

Just so you don't give a "flavor" of blaming management to the new management. Other that that just proof read it, or have someone else read it aloud to you.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If'n I was doin' that it would start out like this:

Hello,

I was born an azzhole, don't have to work at it every day.

I'll fit right in, so what do you say?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
My name is xyz. I currently work in the rbd division, reporting to EQW. I started with our company…

Were you awarded the position of Journeyman or did you earn it?

Period after Journeyman and start a new sentence.

New mold build didn’t give you the assignment, you earned the position. Achieved is a good word, too.

With each couple of weeks.

St. Louis, Missouri,

35 years

Two sons who

Don’t capitalize the g in granddaughters.

national/local, don’t capitalize.

With over 35 years of service, delete I think.

and I truly hope (not but)

Not bad, your comma use is a little weak but not glaring.

P

👍

I generally concur.

The shortest AND strongest use of words is always best IMHO.

I.e. Your 35 years of employment and proper advancement speaks very well of being a dedicated and well grounded human asset... with homefront stability...

That will be highly desired by the new CEO/CFO.

Simply put... In a world full of jacked up drama people... a "cornerstone man" is solid gold.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by kelbro
Did you research the new exec's backgrounds? Are they corporate raiders? Brought in to downsize? Replacing the top two positions is most often done for a drastic change. Good luck.

Valid point...

I have seen this in various concrete batch plants in recent years...

Mega money buys up small operations... rapes and pillages... implodes the smalls... to monopolize the market in a particular zip code.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kelbro

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The whole concept of you having to write an “introduction letter” to the new CEO and CFO is pointless and all about ass kissing and to be sure some will take full advantage of it.

I don’t blame you at all for doing it since you’ve been told to and you want to keep your job. From a practical standpoint it’s corporate woke BS.

Does the company need someone in your job role and are you skilled at it or not? That should be the new CEO and CFO’s job to figure out based on what you actually do at work and how well you do it. The new CEO and CFO are not going to figure that out by asking everyone for carefully worded letters.

Who gives a fugg about your community involvement at the Fraternal Order of the Moose Club or volunteer work at the local soup kitchen, which you may or may not be a part of as a form of ass kissing in and of itself. Your personal non-work life shouldn’t be a factor in anything or any of their business or relevant to anything. Dido for trying to see how many times employees can work keywords and phrases such as “team” into as many sentences as possible.

Again I’m not nocking you at all. I get that you want to keep your job and that it’s the way things are but it’s all typical meaningless corporate BS IMO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Muffin
So far, I endorse Pharmsellers outline.

Not knowing the circumstances that brought on new management.

Not knowing what your HR director knows or thinks the future holds.

An observation: you called it TRIPE............

I've Googled "phamsellers outline" but I'm not seeing what I think I'm looking for

Post #5 in the thread...............

Ha!!!!

Roger that

LOL! Killing me here ted.

Dont sweat the letter, Your decades of service speaks volumes.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

The whole concept of you having to write an “introduction letter” to the new CEO and CFO is pointless and all about ass kissing and to be sure some will take full advantage of it.

I don’t blame you at all for doing it since you’ve been told to and you want to keep your job. From a practical standpoint it’s corporate woke BS.

Are you an asset to the company or not? He’s the new CEO he should figure it out based on what you actually do at work. The new CEO and CFO are not going to figure that out by asking everyone for carefully worded letters. Who gives a fugg about your community involvement at the Fraternal Order of the Moose that may or may not be part of the ass kissing in and of itself. Or the rest of your personal non-work life. All while trying to work key words and phrases such as “team” into as many sentences as possible.

Again I’m not nocking you at all. I get that you want to keep your job and that it’s the way things are but it’s all typical meaningless corporate BS IMO.

Your response demonstrates the "Open Contempt" you have for the new management team...

THAT... is exactly what the new management team is hoping to extract from the tasking they set forth.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Just curious to know if your HR person is collecting these letters herself to turn in or if each of you are to submit them directly to the new execs?

Last edited by JohnnyMac007; 02/04/24.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Are you an asset to the company or not? He’s the new CEO he should figure it out based on what you actually do at work. The new CEO and CFO are not going to figure that out by asking everyone for carefully worded letters. Who gives a fugg about your community involvement at the Fraternal Order of the Moose that may or may not be part of the ass kissing in and of itself. Or the rest of your personal non-work life. All while trying to work key words and phrases such as “team” into as many sentences as possible.

Your response demonstrates the "Open Contempt" you have for the new management team...

THAT... is exactly what the new management team is hoping to extract from the tasking they set forth.

LOL

I absolutely get that. Which is why if I wanted to keep the job I would be doing exactly what the OP and everyone else that has been told to write a letter to management will be doing. Carefully crafting a letter full of BS. Personally I would be resenting every minute of it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
Use pharmsellers opening paragraph. Modify the below with that.

Allow me to introduce myself to our new management team. I joined the company in late May 1988, immediately after graduating from Poplar Bluff Tech. Completing a four-year Missouri State Accredited Apprenticeship in Precision Injection Mold Making by 1992, I furthered my skills in both the technical and managerial aspects. By early 1997, I earned the position of Journeyman and, within six months, was promoted to Leadman over New Build Cell #2.

My expertise in managing costs and overseeing the construction of 12 to 14 new injection molds annually, along with leading a team of 8 to 10 toolmakers, defined my role in mold build for many years. Transitioning to a smaller staffing scenario followed the dissolution of our large tooling department by new management.

Embarking on an exciting role with RPS, I acknowledge the responsibilities of performance, education, technical correspondence, and ROI. While taking on new assignments every couple of weeks, I'm committed to making a daily impact, utilizing my skills in machine operation, mold troubleshooting, and employee education to enhance RPS across all facets.

On a personal note, born in St. Louis, Missouri, I've been happily married to Tricia for over 35 years. With two sons in their early 30s and two granddaughters, family time and socializing with friends are cherished. Actively engaged in our local Rescue Mission and various lodges, my loyalty to the company over the years is undeniable, and I aspire to contribute to its unparalleled growth in the future, standing proudly amidst an era of frequent job changes.

This pretty much nails it.

We already knew you were an idiot. Retire in peace and suck down infinite Martinis. You stupid jerk.

sure wish you young ones would show up in person. Face to face. And ramble on with your drivel.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,188
Posts18,484,884
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.