Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Can you imagine the self righteous pricks that feel the need to require or even read all of these letters?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
I f I was asked to do that i would submit a 2 week resignation letter..... sounds like your company may have gone woke?

Sounds like they're planning to fire a schit-ton of people. Last thing anyone should do is kiss their ass on the way out.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Can you imagine the self righteous pricks that feel the need to require or even read all of these letters?

Quite possibly... no one will actually read them. Just DEI stuff run thru a computer... looking for red flags.

That is why I said least amount of strong words...

Thusly... least amount of data collected.

Could be wrong...

*Google "DEI Score" if you need too.

$$$ for management... if they rock a superior DEI

Last edited by CashisKing; 02/04/24. Reason: DEI stuff

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Most "investors " would be ok if they bought a
successful company and let it continue to be
successful and just deposited the check every
month from their new income source.
But these days they want to dabble in things
and their managers are anxious to get their
stripes, so they jump in and start changing up
time honored proven methods and practices
and start messing with the old reliable experienced
rock solid employees and things start going to
Helen Bach. Then they can crow that this success
is because of the management practices that I
instituted. If it bombs, they say that the group of
employees I have are lackluster and uncooperative.
One place I went through a buyout
at brought in a go getter from the main company
and was chatting with me about this and that,
and one of the first things he said was
" I'm gonna get rid of that coffee pot over there.
I don't want all these old men hanging around
every morning like this was a country cafe or
something. . ."
I told him that those old men brought in business
from their church and VFW hall and the "country
cafes" in the area. That was the old kind of repeat
business that you can't buy no matter how much
advertising money you spend.
He didn't want to hear that. He had the business
management degree and I did not.
Lots of other examples, but too many to list.
Just one tiny piece of getting away from merit
based hiring, and pushing the experienced
qualified people out who have an affinity for the
job, and trying to bring in green personnel that
can't tie their shoes

Berkshire Hathaway bought out the last two places
I worked at that had a personnel purge.

IMO we'll be seeing more T.P. shortages and
$6.00 a dozen eggs in the future if we live long enough

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I’m a millennial, been working with my current company for 10 years. I know milenials present their own cadre of issues, but just wait until you try hiring or working with some Gen Z’ers.

Here’s how the letter from the OP should read,

“Dear so and so,

Welcome to the company. I have been working here for over three decades. Enjoy that while it lasts because my replacement probably won’t work as hard or stay around as long.

Also, GFY.

Sincerely,

Your Daddy”

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m a millennial, been working with my current company for 10 years. I know milenials present their own cadre of issues, but just wait until you try hiring or working with some Gen Z’ers.

Here’s how the letter from the OP should read,

“Dear so and so,

Welcome to the company. I have been working here for over three decades. Enjoy that while it lasts because my replacement probably won’t work as hard or stay around as long.

Also, GFY.

Sincerely,

Your Daddy”

I love it!!

Says the Boomer....

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I was in the heavy & highway construction industry for 30 + years. Own my own business now , not related . I was aways in management , hardly ever in the office of course
usually a field office on the site , unless there was problem.

My mantra , and it served me very fooking well, if you don't have any work get my check.

I did not have to use that very often . I told most of my bosses, usually the owners , I can do my job and yours too. I only worked for 4 contractors , 1 twice.

I was fiercely independent , but made a lot of money for the contractors. My reputation was excellent and I did what it took to get the job done.

In the event I was asked to write a letter to owners , management, old or new I would have told them, and I did , on a couple occasions , your truck / car will be in the driveway .

Most of the time I rented a truck to the co. I worked for.

I played by my rules and had a lot of respect.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Brevity is a virtue with this.

Start with a cover sheet executive summary presented as a bullet item list in chronological order with just pertinent high lights of your past duties and accomplishments using applicable dates.

Then the flowers and feel good things with as many detailed pages of the summary items as it takes. End this by saying, “This information is submitted with respect with hopes that it will be entertained in kind “.

They won’t get past the executive summary page.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Dear whomever my name is Ted been here 35 years when you screw up your eligible to get my foot in your azz. Don't F up or you'll both find out. Warmest regards Ted.

Bangflop! another skinning job due to .260 and proper shot placement.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cisco1
I was in the heavy & highway construction industry for 30 + years. Own my own business now , not related . I was aways in management , hardly ever in the office of course
usually a field office on the site , unless there was problem.

My mantra , and it served me very fooking well, if you don't have any work get my check.

I did not have to use that very often . I told most of my bosses, usually the owners , I can do my job and yours too. I only worked for 4 contractors , 1 twice.

I was fiercely independent , but made a lot of money for the contractors. My reputation was excellent and I did what it took to get the job done.

In the event I was asked to write a letter to owners , management, old or new I would have told them, and I did , on a couple occasions , your truck / car will be in the driveway .

Most of the time I rented a truck to the co. I worked for.

I played by my rules and had a lot of respect.

Good man. Self respect. I never took any schit from anybody, either. Cost me occasionally. But, I always got a better job. The ones I left ultimately suffered, because I knew what I was doing and always performed multiple roles.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Talk about ass backwards! Why does everyone that’s been there for years and years have to write a letter to their CEO and CFO? I’d be inclined to tell mommy in HR that they have not done anything yet to merit a thank you note or a kiss ass letter. If Karen is trying to garner brownie points for getting everyone to kiss their ass it sounds like she’s well on her way but ultimately it’s a stupid, liberal idea.

If the CEO or CFO were worth ashit THEY would introduce themselves to the company THEY ARE JUST NOW JOINING. They should be introducing themselves NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. I’m the type who would not be writing a childish introduction to the new CEO and CFO, if HR doesn’t like it then too bad it’s not a requirement nor actionable.

Tedhorn….I’m not speaking to your letter as I understand but I’m definitely the type that’s not going to be playing retarded liberal kiss ass games.

ETA….My comments assume you were NOT part of the selection committee or interview process.

Everyone like to brag about their upward mobility, being in a huge company.
Bust on unions.

Stuff like Ted has to do reminds me why I’m so happy being a peon, running machines, in a small company, and union.

Don’t have to kiss a ring, or ass.
Can speak truth to power, without sugar coating it, without fear of retaliation. (Significant retaliation)

So many talk about open doors and personal relationships in the workplace. I actually have it. Can go toe to toe with the CEO, without fear.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have never had to do that but I have come into teams before and asked them to write down what they thought their jobs encompassed.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Start with a cover sheet executive summary presented as a bullet item list in chronological order with just pertinent high lights of your past duties and accomplishments using applicable dates.

Then the flowers and feel good things with as many detailed pages of the summary items as it takes. End this by saying, “This information is submitted with respect with hopes that it will be entertained in kind “.

A "One Sheeter" is required

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I haven't read but a few of the replies to this discussion but did I ever make a mistake once by replying to a request for suggestions on how to improve our wildlife and fisheries agency. I was in the law enforcement division (game warden). The request came from our new director/secretary appointed by a newly elected Republican governor. I simply suggested that the background checks for new hires in the law enforcement jobs be subjected to a credit check and pointed out that a man with financial troubles could not do our job properly without fear or favor if he was financially underwater.

Well, it turns out my suggestion was read and it mightily offended our new boss who had gone bust and bankrupt in some kind of contracting business. He was some sort of crony and fishing friend of our new governor and an officer in some sport fishing organization.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by Houston_2

A "One Sheeter" is required

Okay. Go with the summary itemized chronologically.

As this is a business so treat it direct and to the point with no bs or fluff.

Good bosses want to know what they need to know and not what folks think that they want to hear.

Jmo and good luck.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Quite possibly... no one will actually read them. Just DEI stuff run thru a computer... looking for red flags.

That is why I said least amount of strong words...

Thusly... least amount of data collected.

Could be wrong...

*Google "DEI Score" if you need too.

$$$ for management... if they rock a superior DEI

I wonder if Karen in HR is going to require everyone to write a thank you note each and every payday? 😂

Dear Boss, Thanks for paying me on Friday for the work I did during the previous pay period and the money I made for the company.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like you've done enough to be a piece of reference material. I'd have a hard time not saying,

I'm Mr. T. in the 3 decades that I have worked here in positions from new guy to reference guy;

I've seen 327 individuals come and go. I've seen wonderful breakthrough successes and witnessed tragic errors. I've watched craft workers evolve and management come and go. I have a contact in every one of our customers, suppliers and competitors.

If you have any questions, feel free to call.

Congratulations on being patient enough to be able to dedicate your life to one employer. That's incredible.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by high_country_
Sounds like you've done enough to be a piece of reference material. I'd have a hard time not saying,

I'm Mr. T. in the 3 decades that I have worked here in positions from new guy to reference guy;

I've seen 327 individuals come and go. I've seen wonderful breakthrough successes and witnessed tragic errors. I've watched craft workers evolve and management come and go. I have a contact in every one of our customers, suppliers and competitors.

If you have any questions, feel free to call.

Congratulations on being patient enough to be able to dedicate your life to one employer. That's incredible.

BINGO...

Short and powerful...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
I haven't read but a few of the replies to this discussion but did I ever make a mistake once by replying to a request for suggestions on how to improve our wildlife and fisheries agency. I was in the law enforcement division (game warden). The request came from our new director/secretary appointed by a newly elected Republican governor. I simply suggested that the background checks for new hires in the law enforcement jobs be subjected to a credit check and pointed out that a man with financial troubles could not do our job properly without fear or favor if he was financially underwater.

Well, it turns out my suggestion was read and it mightily offended our new boss who had gone bust and bankrupt in some kind of contracting business. He was some sort of crony and fishing friend of our new governor and an officer in some sport fishing organization.

I’ve learned the hard way that honesty and thoughtfulness tend to get you nowhere. If a smooth ride and upward mobility are your goals, your best bet is just to blow smoke and kiss ass.

H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Gay [bleep] like this why I’m glad I work for a small business owner who’s kids know my name.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

662 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 77 invisible), 3,065 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,228
Posts18,485,631
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.