Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
You know, for some weird reason, I don't think it's going to go all that great for the folks wanting to ban/take our sçhitt. Just a hunch.

Last edited by Verylargeboots; 02/04/24.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by Feral_American
Originally Posted by jackmountain
NoVa and Norfolk.
One day we’ll see how our county Sherriff’s up hold all the county 2nd Ammendment sanctuary ordinances. No local funds are to be used to enforce unconstitutional gun laws. There’s only a few state popo’s in most areas so good luck enforcing it anywhere besides the two blue scheit holes to the north and east.

Every VA Sheriff is the supreme LEO in his county. His authority overrides the state. He can kick the troopers out if he so chooses. And, he can deputize as many county residents as he needs to deal with a situation.

Yepp...

The real question is how many of you know your Sheriff personally... and how many times a month do you and you and your wife go out to with him and his wife?

Frankly, that's a f ucking STUPID question......

93 out of 95 Virginia County 2A resolutions were passed by county boards of supervisors, with the blessing and support of each Sheriff and his Office, in public and on paper....per the will of their constituents to see the Constitution upheld and defended. This after weeks and in some cases months of debate and meetings on the subject, and at the risk of possibly losing future state funding.

The overwhelming concensus statewide was, and is, with all due respect, f uck you, we ain't letting you (the state) f uck with our constitutionally protected gun rights. This still stands a mere 4 years later with most of those local elected officials still in office.

Personally knowing a Sheriff and hob knobing with him and his wife is inconsequential. They are elected by The People, they take an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and thus the rights of the people who live in their counties. I'd wager very heavy odds you won't find many if any that take that job lightly, because they hold the highest law enforcement office in Virginia per their county.

This retarded bill is DOA on Youngkin's desk and Virginians know that, but, they've mobilized in a big way before when the need arose. Wouldn't be surprised to see such a thing happen again if things go sideways. Virginia might have a couple highly populated counties that seem to control the politics, but go ahead, f uck around and find out with those other 93 counties that live by the Constitution.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
You know, for some weird reason, I don't think it's going to go all that great for the folks wanting to ban/take our [bleep]. Just a hunch.

ROFLMAO...

You owe me a bourbon refill...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
NoVa and Norfolk.
One day we’ll see how our county Sherriff’s up hold all the county 2nd Ammendment sanctuary ordinances. No local funds are to be used to enforce unconstitutional gun laws. There’s only a few state popo’s in most areas so good luck enforcing it anywhere besides the two blue scheit holes to the north and east.

Every VA Sheriff is the supreme LEO in his county. His authority overrides the state. He can kick the troopers out if he so chooses. And, he can deputize as many county residents as he needs to deal with a situation.

Yepp...

The real question is how many of you know your Sheriff personally... and how many times a month do you and you and your wife go out to with him and his wife?

Frankly, that's a f ucking STUPID question......

93 out of 95 Virginia County 2A resolutions were passed by county boards of supervisors, with the blessing and support of each Sheriff and his Office, in public and on paper....per the will of their constituents to see the Constitution upheld and defended. This after weeks and in some cases months of debate and meetings on the subject, and at the risk of possibly losing future state funding.

The overwhelming concensus statewide was, and is, with all due respect, f uck you, we ain't letting you (the state) f uck with our constitutionally protected gun rights. This still stands a mere 4 years later with most of those local elected officials still in office.

Personally knowing a Sheriff and hob knobing with him and his wife is inconsequential. They are elected by The People, they take an oath to protect and defend the Constitution and thus the rights of the people who live in their counties. I'd wager very heavy odds you won't find many if any that take that job lightly, because they hold the highest law enforcement office in Virginia per their county.

This retarded bill is DOA on Youngkin's desk and Virginians know that, but, they've mobilized in a big way before when the need arose. Wouldn't be surprised to see such a thing happen again if things go sideways. Virginia might have a couple highly populated counties that seem to control the politics, but go ahead, f uck around and find out with those other 93 counties that live by the Constitution.

I can't speak for Cash but I'm assuming his point was that being ingrained in local politics is incredibly important, and the ramifications of being uninvolved are great.

Additionally, if you look at the nation as a whole with the same lense applied to VA in this thread, it looks the same. The concentrated populace are making rules for all.

On another note, if you floated the local militia circles, you would know good and damn well that there is next to zero organization statewide that would be of any consequence, aside from a band of groups 9 or 10 counties deep. We need organization to be even remotely consequential to the powers that be.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
You know, for some weird reason, I don't think it's going to go all that great for the folks wanting to ban/take our [bleep]. Just a hunch.

ROFLMAO...

Let me know when you are around here, you are always welcome at my table and in my home.

IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

ROFLMAO...

Let me know when you are around here, you are always welcome at my table and in my home.

Ditto...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Daverageguy
I'm thinking the real issue isn't in Virginia but north of Richmond. Ink on paper only works when both sides agree that it does. I'm no Vegas prognosticator but I'd put the number at 10 for them to understand that Sierra 168 works on ALL those problems no matter the letter or word D or R..

168 Sierras are great to 1k...

208 Amax to 1250.

Orange is optional...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

What rifle do you have there? Is it a .308?

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by roverboy
I'm thinking the real issue isn't in Virginia but north of Richmond. Ink on paper only works when both sides agree that it does. I'm no Vegas prognosticator but I'd put the number at 10 for them to understand that Sierra 168 works on ALL those problems no matter the letter or word D or R..

208 Amax to 1250.

Orange is optional...

What rifle do you have there? Is it a .308?

Sendero... 300 Winny and a brokedick Khales.

For long range... I use other stuff.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can't speak for Cash but I'm assuming his point was that being ingrained in local politics is incredibly important, and the ramifications of being uninvolved are great.

No argument there. Guess I took it differently.

Additionally, if you look at the nation as a whole with the same lense applied to VA in this thread, it looks the same. The concentrated populace are making rules for all.

Just look at each state's election maps by county. Pretty clear where the control is.

On another note, if you floated the local militia circles, you would know good and damn well that there is next to zero organization statewide that would be of any consequence, aside from a band of groups 9 or 10 counties deep. We need organization to be even remotely consequential to the powers that be.

I see that in a bit different light. Militias are one thing barely, a Sheriff organizing and deputizing citizens is quite another. Remember, the goal here would be preventing the state from entering a county to enforce unconstitutional law. Would that come to a fight with shots fired? Doubtful, as the state can only assume the jurisdiction that a Sheriff would relinquish.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
...as the state can only assume the jurisdiction that a Sheriff would relinquish.

Exactly...

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sheriff’s are elected, therefore politicians, who will almost always do anything it takes to stay in power. Power is what drives politicians even more so than money. They’ll do whatever they think will cause 51% of their voting block to vote for them again in the next election cycle. If they’re pretty sure at least 51% of their constituents will shoot them or their loved ones it could weigh heavily in their decision making.

Last edited by jackmountain; 02/04/24.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

OutaCash is too chicken chit to reveal merely his location in his profile, but would have us believe he is some sorta Bad Ass. LoL

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by SupFoo

OutaCash is too chicken chit to reveal merely his location in his profile, but would have us believe he is some sorta Bad Ass. LoL

I live in the Virginias...

I have said this a thousand times ya moron.

Anything else SuperFool?

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

208 Amax to 1250.

Orange is optional...

😎👍

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Never seen CiK post a cut’n’paste regurgitated news headline that everyone’s already seen 2 days ago. Until you have an original thought you and Stevie can GFY.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never seen CiK post a cut’n’paste regurgitated news headline that everyone’s already seen 2 days ago. Until you have an original thought you and Stevie can GFY.

Great. Another parrot.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Isn't the NRA mothership located in Fairfax, VA? Ol' WLP got out while the gettin' was good. The irony is thick.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V

He has land in multiple places in Virginia, and West Virginia. Kinda hard to claim one spot on an outdoor forum when you have interests in different areas.....

On another note, Pulte Homes SUCKS!!!!!!

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
Isn't the NRA mothership located in Fairfax, VA? Ol' WLP got out while the gettin' was good. The irony is thick.

Yes. And those chickensçhitt bastards have never done anything at the local level to help out state. NRA can burn their whole organization for all I care.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.