Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 1eyedmule
Originally Posted by beretzs
Same here. AKW is our local ULA/NULA maniac and he can lay on the temptation, but being a M70 guy, I like the firing controls on the Kimber, and the rifle just feels like a mini Model 70. I am sure they aren't a perfect match for the more expensive Wilson/ULA/NULA they do scratch that itch. Plus, like was mentioned, it is nice to start light so a good optic can be put on top and the whole package remains fairly light.

When I first started hanging out around here, I used to love reading Mr. Stick's posts about his "7 Wizzum Montuckys". Just seemed like a wicked combination. I hope you build something on a Kimber - I'll be very interested to see your take on it and what you come up with.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Casey,

You could get a NULA made any weight you wanted, depending on the action and barrel. The lightest action was named the Model 20, because that's how many ounces it weighed--just about a pound less than a short 700 action. The ".30-06" sized action was the Model 24, the action made for '06-length belted magnums the Model 28. The heaviest was the Model 40, two ounces heavier than the long 700 action--which was the action used on Ross Seyfried's .30/.416 Rigby ultra-long range rifle, "Miss America,"--which did NOT weigh 6-7 pounds, but if I recall correctly around 13.

Ever see a NULA 32, John? I'm hoping Wilson will choose it for 7RM and 7PRC for the length - the 28 seems just a hair short for these with long bullets?

Glad the McIntyre 6.5-284 is a shooter!

i have a m32 im looking to sell in 300 win mag with a 26 inch brux 1-10 twist in case anyone is interested. it will be in the classifieds very soon. with the m32 you can really stretch the 300win mag out, my 2 loads (168 berger vld hunter and 200gr eldx) are at 3.570 coal

Attached Images
IMG_20240202_111932.jpg (10.53 KB, 287 downloads)
IMG_20240202_111755.jpg (10.69 KB, 288 downloads)
HR IC

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ilikeguns
Same here. AKW is our local ULA/NULA maniac and he can lay on the temptation, but being a M70 guy, I like the firing controls on the Kimber, and the rifle just feels like a mini Model 70. I am sure they aren't a perfect match for the more expensive Wilson/ULA/NULA they do scratch that itch. Plus, like was mentioned, it is nice to start light so a good optic can be put on top and the whole package remains fairly light.

When I first started hanging out around here, I used to love reading Mr. Stick's posts about his "7 Wizzum Montuckys". Just seemed like a wicked combination. I hope you build something on a Kimber - I'll be very interested to see your take on it and what you come up with.

Casey,

You could get a NULA made any weight you wanted, depending on the action and barrel. The lightest action was named the Model 20, because that's how many ounces it weighed--just about a pound less than a short 700 action. The ".30-06" sized action was the Model 24, the action made for '06-length belted magnums the Model 28. The heaviest was the Model 40, two ounces heavier than the long 700 action--which was the action used on Ross Seyfried's .30/.416 Rigby ultra-long range rifle, "Miss America,"--which did NOT weigh 6-7 pounds, but if I recall correctly around 13.

Ever see a NULA 32, John? I'm hoping Wilson will choose it for 7RM and 7PRC for the length - the 28 seems just a hair short for these with long bullets?

i have a m32 im looking to sell in 300 win mag with a 26 inch brux 1-10 twist in case anyone is interested. it will be in the classifieds very soon. with the m32 you can really stretch the 300win mag out, my 2 loads (168 berger vld hunter and 200gr eldx) are at 3.570 coal

That sounds like a great rifle. Set up the way a 300 Win is meant to be.

Last edited by beretzs; 02/03/24.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Casey,

Love that stock!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Oh my goodness, ilikeguns. You're killing me. It'd be slated for a 7mm re-barrel eventually if it were mine. Maybe the Sharpe & Hart of my loony dreams. Or maybe it'd convince me that a 26inch 300 WM is where it's at. My rifle budget is still recovering from last year's beating but, know that your classified post is going to cause much anxiety in the Green Mountain State! eek

"One should not talk to a skilled hunter about what is forbidden by the Buddha."

- Hsiang-yen by way of Gary Snyder
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
If all the nay sayers would borrow a Wilson NULA from their buddy and shoot it a few rounds , they probably change their opinion of the gun. Probably would not admit to the change of their minds but secretly would say " wish I had one". BTW for those that desire to have a custom Wilson NULA, Mr Bill Wilson has stated on another forum that you can get one.

I have a stock Wilson NULA in 308 Win and love it. I am 78 YO and every ounce that I don't have to tote is big plus to me. Thanks Daniel

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DLALLDER
If all the nay sayers would borrow a Wilson NULA from their buddy and shoot it a few rounds , they probably change their opinion of the gun. Probably would not admit to the change of their minds but secretly would say " wish I had one". BTW for those that desire to have a custom Wilson NULA, Mr Bill Wilson has stated on another forum that you can get one.

I have a stock Wilson NULA in 308 Win and love it. I am 78 YO and every ounce that I don't have to tote is big plus to me. Thanks Daniel
Mr Wilson stated he'd build a custom one here as well for full retail.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
That rifle of his would make a nice 7 Mashburn Super as well.

Or just use it as is and fill ruck sacks.

Semper Fi
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

My little brother is boxing up a Kimber 270 WSM Classic along with a Schneider 338 barrel Dober gave to him and a Kimber Classic Select 308 along with a Krieger 1-7 .224 barrel that'll get made into a 22x47 Lapua. So he will beat me to the first in the family to build a Kimber, but, he might let me shoot them grin

Should be nice rifles when they are done.

I've had a couple of Lilja duplicates of the factory Kimber MT profile installed on Montana actions/stocks. Both 1:8 twist finished @ 22". One in 270Win and the other in 22-250. They're both handy to shoot and carry. That 1:8 22-250 shooting 75gn A-Max has seen more use actually hunting the last 3yrs than any other rifle I own.

Both are topped w/2.5-10x42 NXS scopes. The 22-250 is just under 7# and the 270 right @ 7#.

Last edited by horse1; 02/03/24.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A fool and his money………

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor

Originally Posted by Jericho
what is so special about the Springfield 1903 that he is selling also?

Originally Posted by AKwolverine

I believe it’s the seller who is special.

Location on the Gunbroker ads says: "Big Piney, WY".

Isn't that the locale of some guy who's been booted several times and keeps creating sock-puppets to snoop the classifieds here?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor

Originally Posted by AKwolverine

I believe it’s the seller who is special.

Location on the Gunbroker ads says: "Big Piney, WY".

Isn't that the locale of some guy who's been booted several times and keeps creating sock-puppets to snoop the classifieds here?
I think he ded.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Mule Deer, std model 24 barrel contour, 24" 280 AI . I let Melvin decide, figured he knew what would work better than me, refinshed action, re-bedded stock and new stock finish.

Also have a Forbes LH 7-08 very nice rifle thought about sending it to Melvin to look it over but it shoots great with no issues.

Last edited by kk alaska; 02/04/24.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Looks good!

Yep, Melvin could usually steer people right on what to order--if they asked!

Might also mention that Melvin did not build my 1997 Model 24 specifically for me, even after I ordered it. Instead it turned out a gun store in Germany had ordered two M24s with 24" #2 barrels and black stocks--and only sold one. After a year they returned the other, so Melvin called me and asked if I'd take that one, instead of him building one. Of course I said yes, and now have one of the very few ULA/NULAs with German proof-marks stamped on the barrel, which include a miniature red stag.....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (444Matt, 338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 13 invisible), 1,610 guests, and 853 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,295
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.