Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Gun folks that stay in California pretty much deserve what happens there

The only ones who deserve it, are the dumbasses that vote for it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

Deserve is probably a bad word to use but no one who lives there should be surprised.

Originally Posted by Certifiable
Originally Posted by fortymile
Ammunition Depot is shipping to CA now also. I hope Mackay joins in.

There were several companies who saw the bigger picture, stepped up to the plate and continued to ship ammo to CA, while many others were quick to give the middle finger to fellow shooters and sportsmen.

Each business is certainly allowed to set their own rules but I will never send a penny to the people who were so quick to side with and support the enemy.
here

There were people in California that expressed dismay that the ammo companies didn't defy the law and simply ship the ammo. Emphasis mine - The thought being "You should have kept sending ammo, at risk of felonies, .gov shut down and how that affects your employees and incarceration and PAY for all that." instead of either moving to another more free state or solving the issue internally.

Not saying Mannlicher's brush wasn't broad but it's not entirely wrong. The expectation that the rest of the US takes on the man on their behalf is a bit misplaced too. You KNOW the environment there for shooters/hunters and stay. You may have reasons to stay that are very valid but it's a personal Maslow's hierarchy for you.

Me

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Riverc
Originally Posted by Huntingfool270
Got the email this morning from Midway USA. If your order wasn’t already out the door at 9am it’s been stopped before it leaves their shipping department.
That sucks, I feel sorry for you guys that have to live in commie land.
No one has to live there. Its a choice. Yes there could be some really hard issues involved, but its still a choice.

Good thing our founding fathers didn't think like that...

Californians have a choice. Fight for their rights or leave and let the commies win. If the commies win, the question will be which state do they pick on next?

We all have a choice. We either help our shooting friends in California or we pick on them for being stuck there.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If any of you men out there in red, shading toward purple, trending toward blue states thinks this can't happen to you...wake up, this is a DIRECT result of uncontrolled brown immigration. You can blame it on white suburban Karens if it makes you feel better...but you are dead wrong. First comes immigration, then comes motor voter, then comes Dem majority state legislatures, Dem Governor. So went California, so now we are a white minority (38%) with the result of laws like this.
Earl Warren, Richard Nixon, Reagan and a long list of Republican governors until 2011...so what changed? Immigracion, mi amigos.
Uncontrolled immigration will make your state blue in the long term, and you business owners that ignore immigrant employment laws are just as guilty as the Federal government.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Craigster

GFY.

Why in the f uck would I want to live in Florida ?

Well to buy ammo for one. LMAO CA folks are weird folks. Y'all deserve eachother.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Teal

Deserve is probably a bad word to use but no one who lives there should be surprised.

There were several companies who saw the bigger picture, stepped up to the plate and continued to ship ammo to CA, while many others were quick to give the middle finger to fellow shooters and sportsmen.

Each business is certainly allowed to set their own rules but I will never send a penny to the people who were so quick to side with and support the enemy.
here

There were people in California that expressed dismay that the ammo companies didn't defy the law and simply ship the ammo. Emphasis mine - The thought being "You should have kept sending ammo, at risk of felonies, .gov shut down and how that affects your employees and incarceration and PAY for all that." instead of either moving to another more free state or solving the issue internally.

Not saying Mannlicher's brush wasn't broad but it's not entirely wrong. The expectation that the rest of the US takes on the man on their behalf is a bit misplaced too. You KNOW the environment there for shooters/hunters and stay. You may have reasons to stay that are very valid but it's a personal Maslow's hierarchy for you.

Teal, just to clarify..

I never suggested ammo distributors should have kept shipping ammo to CA outside of the law. My point is it was still perfectly legal to ship ammo to CA, it just had to go to an FFL instead of a home.

Ship to one address or simply ship to another..not really a huge deal to me..?

But so many were very quick to say nope not gonna do it no matter what! It’s a source of satisfaction to them I suppose to thumb their noses at shooters fighting behind enemy lines…

It’s coming for us all but jerkoffs on here still love their virtue signaling more than anything

Just remember Gavin tbanks you all for your compliance

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by Morewood
Dammit. 300 Savage is Unobtainian. I tried
Time to take a ride to Reno.

I feel sorry for you guys!!!! I overheard a Cabela's manager talking to a guy from California, and he said that it was a felony if he transported ammo across the border. I don't know if that is true, but got me to thinking about schidt. My mom lives in Ca, and she wanted me to bring her some 22lr for her pistol. These guys infringing on our rights, need to be hung up by their nut sacks!!!!

bsa,

according to everything I've been able to find out, it is not a felony. But, if concerned, you or anyone else may want to contact an attorney and check my research

from the penal code

(c) A violation of this section is an infraction for any first time offense, and either an infraction or a misdemeanor for any subsequent offense.

https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/penal-code/pen-sect-30314/

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal

here

Teal, just to clarify..

I never suggested ammo distributors should have kept shipping ammo to CA outside of the law. My point is it was still perfectly legal to ship ammo to CA, it just had to go to an FFL instead of a home.

Ship to one address or simply ship to another..not really a huge deal to me..?

But so many were very quick to say nope not gonna do it no matter what! It’s a source of satisfaction to them I suppose to thumb their noses at shooters fighting behind enemy lines…

It’s coming for us all but jerkoffs on here still love their virtue signaling more than anything

Just remember Gavin tbanks you all for your compliance

Ok - that makes more sense. Thanks for the clarification. But also - on the shipper's end, shipping to the FFL does require documentation and doc retention they never had in the past. I don't know what the mark up is on ammo but now you need an entire system to verify that a CA shipment is going to a valid FFL and retain proof of said. Something they've never had to do before. Likely requires another FTE or investment in SaaS, things they never had to do before. Doing that for 1-2% mark up?

I get your point but realize what that ask is for an ammo company.

ETA - they might have gotten there eventually but probably not on day 1.

While Newsome thanks me for compliance - remember, Newsome didn't write the law, only signed it in. Californians that continue to live there and provide tax dollars to feed the machine are just as complicit.

Me

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've been doing my part to help California. I don't agree with legalized marijuana, so I'm trying all I can to get that reversed in California. One thing at a time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JakeM78
I've been doing my part to help California. I don't agree with legalized marijuana, so I'm trying all I can to get that reversed in California. One thing at a time.

Uh ok, LOL.

One of my old bachelor pad signs 😂🤣😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by flintlocke
If any of you men out there in red, shading toward purple, trending toward blue states thinks this can't happen to you...wake up, this is a DIRECT result of uncontrolled brown immigration. You can blame it on white suburban Karens if it makes you feel better...but you are dead wrong. First comes immigration, then comes motor voter, then comes Dem majority state legislatures, Dem Governor. So went California, so now we are a white minority (38%) with the result of laws like this.
Earl Warren, Richard Nixon, Reagan and a long list of Republican governors until 2011...so what changed? Immigracion, mi amigos.
Uncontrolled immigration will make your state blue in the long term, and you business owners that ignore immigrant employment laws are just as guilty as the Federal government.
lets not forget that this ammunition background check is also the result of some shenanigans with the Voter Proposition process.

I think it was Prop 63 that got the process started, and it would have provided for a "card" that would have allowed one to purchase ammo for four years using that card without having to do the background check for every purchase. Then "our" Legislature added SB 1235 which took that away and made for a background check with every purchase, and of course their added "fee".

Some really weird scheidt happens when one allows the general populace to instigate and then pass laws by ballot initiative. And I am one who believes that capability is necessary in a free society. But, when there is not even a requirement on the level of education, or perhaps a working knowledge of what's been put on the initiative, to sign the petition much less vote on it, these are the type of things we end up with.

Prop 63 should have been ruled unconstitutional many years ago, preferably before even making it to the ballot on election day. Then the added burden of the Senate bill just iced the cake.

Regarding the level of education needed to sign a ballot initiative................or vote for it..................I'm no longer sure there's a satisfactory answer. I'm not sure "Civics" or any other similar courses are taught in today's schools. Emphasis on STEM and the touchy feely stuff doesn't prepare a person for making informed decisions on many matters.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's something I don't think I've seen mentioned by any of our fine Campfire members.

Did you know there are exceptions for LEO's and agencies in that ammo check law and they don't have to jump through the hoops we normal humans have to?

Now, I'm not one to suggest the ammo companies/dealers and such ship to private parties in the State in an illegal manner. But perhaps they could take a hint from something that happened 20 years or so ago. It may not have made much of an impact at the time, but I certainly stand behind the action Barrett took

"Barrett cannot legally sell any of its products to lawbreakers," said Mr. Barrett in his letter. "Therefore, since California’s passing of AB 50, the state is not in compliance with the US Constitution’s 2nd and 14th Amendments, and we will not sell nor service any of our products to any Government agency of the State of California."

https://www.guns.com/news/2023/01/3...rs-double-down-on-anti-california-pledge

Now, wouldn't it be wonderful if Hornady, Federal, Big Green, Winchester and all the more minor manufacturers told their distributors to knock off sales to CA agencies and individual LEOs or the shipments to their businesses would stop? How many of those distributors would risk being cut off and not have supplies to sell to their non-Californian customers?

Just a thought, as I've never been in favor of these special regulations for Agencies and LEOs. Either we're all equal in the eyes of the Constitution or it's not worth the parchment it's scribbled on.

Maybe CA legislature would get a clue if their minions couldn't get any bullets for THEIR guns? ( I doubt it, Gavin would find someone wanting money who would build a plant in Cali)

In it is contentment

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Originally Posted by JakeM78

Uh ok, LOL.

One of my old bachelor pad signs 😂🤣😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I'm confused, I thought I read on this thread if we in other states don't like the screwed up laws in CA, we should help them change them.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Teal my comments were not directed at you per se so I hope you didn’t take them as such..

While you are correct for companies to ship to an individuals home,They do need to have record of that individuals 03FFL & COE.

I don’t want to speak in absolutes, but I believe for an ammo company to ship to an FFL, the documentation is on the end of the FFL and there are no requirements at all on the shipper

Ravensrock precision on the campfire is an example of an excellent company to do business with that has the big picture in mind.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There was a time shortly after these ammo rules came into effect and I was retired, I considered going through the process to become a Licensed Ammunition vendor. Maybe renting a small space in a vacant business in town. Just to provide an option to our one supplier, the local Ace Hardware. The owner there didn't seem to willing to special order stuff they don't stock regularly. I was hoping to perhaps provide a service to the local shooters here.

I decided doing so would just help the State and I'd wait for this issue to go through the Courts. I also realized we are so close to OR and NV, and many folks make regular trips there for shopping and doctors' appointments, that I'd probably have to sell at a loss in order to get their business.

I sure wish there was a way to fast track these things to a SCOTUS decision, as we now have to wait again for it to clear the 9th before Gavin and the minions appeal any decision once again.. Or heaven forbid, the 9th can't come to a decision truly based on Bruen and others in the favor of California shooters.

In it is contentment

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I feel sorry for you guys!!!! I overheard a Cabela's manager talking to a guy from California, and he said that it was a felony if he transported ammo across the border.
It's getting to be that anything one does re: firearms is now a felony... So, eff it - might as well give it a shot..

These guys infringing on our rights, need to be hung up by their nut sacks!!!!
Daily...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck

I feel sorry for you guys!!!! I overheard a Cabela's manager talking to a guy from California, and he said that it was a felony if he transported ammo across the border.
It's getting to be that anything one does re: firearms is now a felony... So, eff it - might as well give it a shot..

These guys infringing on our rights, need to be hung up by their nut sacks!!!!
Daily...

Except......it is not a felony. Please see my earlier post

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...o-ban-back-in-effect-2-5-24#Post19188518

And yes, I can agree with the nutsack hangings.

Last edited by Valsdad; 02/08/24.

In it is contentment

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Oh no, an ammo purchasing ban back in place.

Oh what the heck I have NOTHING to do with kalifornicate any way.

Nice to live in a free state!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (69sportfury, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,430 guests, and 868 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,513
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.