Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Funny thing. My phone rang, said Gue was calling.
I answered, and it was a recording. I hung up and called Gue.
Same recording.
So I called Gue on a different phone, and he answered.
I told him what was going on, and he said “it was Dave!”
I said I still got Dave’s phone number on here, and he said “if Dave was gonna call you now, he’d use my phone, not his, just to mess with you!”
I laughed and Gue told me about a call he got from our cousin Doug last week.
Same thing, a recording. He called Doug right back, same recording.
He called Doug at home, his wife answered, Doug was out, but his phone was laying on the counter! She said it was probably Dave, using Doug’s phone.😀
This got me to thinking about Dad in the hospice the night before he passed.
Dave and I were there, he told us to open the door and let Mom in. She was out on the balcony.
Mom passed 7 years before Dad.
I told Gue that back in the corner in hunting season,I sometimes see someone in Dads spot, but when I look again, there’s no one there.
I often see Cardinals around wherever I’m living, and I always figure it’s Mom, looking after her son.
Gue told me about the same thing, and he often catches a glimpse of Dad in the garage.
(Gue didn’t hunt too much, but he bonded with Dad in the garage.)
I’ll probably run into Dave next year in deer season!
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my world, the things you have described are not rare occurrences. I seldom speak of them because people will think I am crazy. On the other hand it’s okay for people to think you are crazy. They don’t want to mess with you. Mixed blessings.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
😀😀
I certainly believe loved ones will often hang around afterwards.
I’ve had and heard of things like this from a lot of family and friends.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I had a dilemma I was pondering on about a yr ago that night I had a dream about me and pops talking it over can’t remember the conversation but it the issue was resolved👍

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
When I'm working on a difficult project in the shop, sometimes I swear I can catch a glimpse of Dad looking over my shoulder, making suggestions about another way to approach what I'm doing. His advice usually works. Being the middle guy in five generations of auto mechanics comes in handy sometimes, from my grandfather in the 1920s to my grandson who's a journeyman mechanic now. He just posted a picture of my 3 year old great granddaughter with her tricycle turned upside down- - - -"working on it"! LOL!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I get all my answers in dreams, mind has time to rest and form thoughts and answers, or I would much rather it be family from the past or from the Lord, so cool to wake up with the fix.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My very best friend and hunting buddy died suddenly of a heart attack a little over ten years ago.

He was buried at his Ranch in the family plot.
I used to visit his Ranch quite often to take his kids hunting and fishing on the weekends when his wife would take them there.

One weekend, I was riding in the Polaris Ranger with his oldest son, going to look to shoot some hogs that had been rooting around the area where his gravesite is.

My cell phone rings, and it’s HIM on my caller ID. 😳

As it turns out, his wife had found his spare cell phone at the Ranch, and she was trying it out to see if the service was still active. 🤪

I bet I probably turned as white as a “ghost” when I saw his name pop up on my caller ID, that day. 😬

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/07/24.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sometimes there are logical explanations. Sometimes there are not!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
With in hours of my dad passing I was involved in a Nascar type accident on the freeway.
Cars spinning all around me.
After everything had stopped we all got out of our cars.
My truck was not touched not 1 scratch everyone around me was smashed up real bad
My dad was protecting me big time that day.

When I was helping family with my dads last days my brother came to me and told me that if dad starts talking to grandpa his time will be short.

He told me that when our Grandpa was in the hospital he my dad took him to see our grandpa and when he went to sit down in a chair our grandpa told him he could not sit in that chair because Bud was sitting in it.

Bud was our uncle that had passed just after WW2

Grandpa passed with in hours of that.

Some times the other side is not so far away.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not loved ones coming back to visit. Demon imposters trying to get a foot in the door.

LOL
IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by funshooter
... Some times the other side is not so far away.

The Bible is very clear. The "other side" is all around us. We just don't see it...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
At work, we had a feature on voice messaging called Future Delivery. You could record reminders to yourself and choose when to deliver it to yours, or another's voice mail.

Guy recorded a birthday greeting to his wife, and sent it for future delivery. He died in the meantime but his message arrived right on time. Truly freaked her out.

Troubleshooting was weird indeed. Only when we got the timestamp of the recording did we figure it out.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I keep getting emails from a guy who passed away about 5 years ago . I am afraid to open them up .

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A family I got to know well in Biloxi, their youngest son Michael who was very level-headed for being 15 years old.
He was up the road at a neighborhood friends house playing etc. and had to be home at 9pm weeknights.
His story;
When he got 2-3 houses from their house a super weird feeling came over him. He said he started breathing heavily and there was a weird glow and he had a feeling he couldn't explain. When he got to their driveway the feeling got really intense. He went to the side door they used- stood at the door totally zoned out and somehow knew his Dad had died. He said he had to lean back and forth to breathe and was told he had to be strong. He calmed down- went inside and walked to his Dads reading/tv chair- his Dad Joe was leaning over the arm of the chair dead. He sat down beside him for a while then called 911.
Dad had a massive heart attack.
Michael called his Mom who was working the late shift, manager at a grocery store and told her to come home.
Michael is not the type kid to dream up a story.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I watched a YouTube video a bit ago that showed how a 3d world would look to a world of 2d people. It was interesting and really gave perspective of how 4 dimensions could be happening all around us and we would only be able to catch small glimpses of what "they're" doing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My grandmother told me that she would be slowly wakened to a particular kind of music- accompanied by the smell of flowers and know someone had just passed away. The phone would soon ring with the news.

When she was a girl a young brother came in from playing outside and casually told their mom he was going to die that day. That same day he was hit by a car in the street and killed.

After my grandfather passed away she had a dream where she spoke with him, realizing in the dream he had passed, and asked how he was. He said he was okay but had to pay for a wheelbarrow. Next day a coworker came over to check on Grandma and she told him she had a crazy dream that made no sense. When she told him he turned white and said he and Granpdpa had taken a wheelbarrow from their job. She would have been po'd had she known.

When my G-ma returned home from his funeral she heard a crash. His picture had fallen off the wall after being there undisturbed for many years.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I believe in these unexplained happenings. It’s for a reason. I usually don’t talk about it because people think your crazy. About 20 years ago, my cousin killed himself with a pistol. Favorite cousin of my brother and I. My late landlord would occasionally get his tractor stuck in his 20 acre grape vineyard. He would give me the keys and I would take care of it. I would wait a couple days and just drive it out. The day before I went out to get the tractor out , my cousin had killed himself. I went out to the tractor in mid day and the tractor lights were on. There was no way the lights could be on for long without draining the battery. The tractor is in the middle of a vineyard with few neighbors around. I turned off the lights, tractor started and I drove it out. I asked my landlord if he turned the lights on and he said he had not been to the tractor. A strange feeling went over me. I told the story to my landlords son and he told me my cousin was just telling me that he is alright. I’ve had other strange things occur in life but difficult to recall.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't believe in these things at all. I dream about family that has passed and that is all. If you are seeing them while you are awake, you need to get some help, asap! (or lay off the weed)

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Have another to tell before I forget. I am into music . About 3 years ago I had wrote a song called Esmeralda. I had just finished the song so I went into town and ate at Farmer boys restaurant. I was seated by a young waitress. While ordering I noticed her name tag said Em. When I finished eating she gave me the bill. On the tag it said served by Esmeralda. I told the young woman that I just wrote a song and I told her she knew the name of the song. She replied “I know, Esmeralda”. I saved the receipt of the meal for many years till it faded away. Another time I was working on a song called Carmen Cassandra. I went to Staples to pick up a few things. There were 2 young women in the parking lot. One was playing violin for tips. I listened for a while, went inside the store , came back out. The girl that played the violin was resting in her car. I gave my card to the other girl and complimented her sisters talent . When I asked her name, she said they were Carmen and Cassandra. Sisters. Now tell me the odds of that!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
A while back, we had a thread about folks seeing loved ones just before they die.
I know a loving God would send someone to guide us through this scary experience.
Pretty sure that’s why Dad saw Mom there the night before.
A very good friend once told me that his Mom& Dad had promised to let the other know that they were safe if something happened.
His Mom died, and a few nights later his Dad told him that Mom was safe. “How do you know?”
Bob was setting at home watching TV, and the lights all blinked on and off 3 times. He said that was a sign from his wife.
Five years later, Bob died. Pat was sitting at home , and the lights blinked on and off 3 times! Pat told me, “I heard from Dad!”
As I said, I knew this was coming with Dave. I went up to see him 3 weeks before I got the call.
I asked him, “are you gonna die in that chair or in bed”. Dave said he hadn’t decided yet.
“Dammit Dave, you and I still got a lot of hunting to do. You need to get back in shape. I still owe you a drag!”
I know that he had to have a strong belief in Christ. Mom made sure of that in us boys.
Dave was active in his church. I got no doubt at all he’s with Mom & Dad
I was figuring on hearing from him, and I’m pretty sure I did
Like I said, now and then I’m sure I see The Old Man back there when I’m hunting I know Dad would’ve done that. When I see a Cardinal (Moms favorite bird) I believe she’s watching over me. Old habits die hard.
Take this however you want to. I’m a little crazy, but I sure as hell ain’t insane!😀
My faith in God tells me there’s much more around us, than a 3 dimensional critter can see.
Reon

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yep , it’s wierd at times
I was on hawksbill creek trout fishing several years ago and it was snowing heavily
I was probably a mile and half from parking area and working my way down the creek
For whatever reason I looked up the creek and could see this dark figure walking toward me
For what ever reason I knew it was about dad
I started walking toward the dark figure , it was Bob , my brother in law
He was hot boxing a ciggarette and stopped and didn’t say anything
I said , Dad ?
He shook his head yes and we walked back to the parking lot in silence
Put the pole snd couple fish on the back of the truck
And drove home with Bob following
Was a strange event
Kenneth

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
When my dad left this world in June 2010, I had a dream about a week later that my cell phone was ringing and ringing. I finally answered it and it was my dad. He talked to me for about 10 minutes and told me not to worry about anything and everything will be alright.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
To me, it’s a great comfort. Dave and I were pretty close. Years of hunting together, working on vehicles together will do that.😀
Gue is 2 years younger, but, the bond of hunting together is something pretty special. I was always much closer to Dave. Even though he was six years older. And Me and him and The Old Man logged many miles together. More than family, we were great friends.
It’d be just like Dave to use Gue’s phone to let me know.
I figure that he, and Dad, Uncle Poke, and many others are together hunting. Probably got my stand marked out, waiting for me.😀
I think that George Washington said, “As I grow older, I see God untying the strings holding me to this world, and tying them into the next”.
I’ll see Dave and The Old Man someday. I don’t know when, that’s up to God.
But I take great comfort in this knowledge.
Until then, I’ll remember Dave and Dad each and every day, and I will thank a loving God.
Reon

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In 2020, I had Covid and darn near died multiple times both from the disease, treatments or secondary infections like pneumonia. I was placed on a ventilator. Only 3 of us survived in the ICU Covid ward. I did not take the so called vaccine. I came off the ventilator with a stage IV sacral wound and Covid toes and heel on my left foot. I could only talk with my button in( had a trach), move my fingers, I was totally immobile. Dependent upon others to care for me and turn me side to side. I asked my wife when my Dad was coming to see me again. She put me off. I kept asking. She finally got flustered and reminded me that he had been dead 25 years. While I was on ventilator and in a medically induced coma, he was with me. Beside me. I couldn’t open my eyes but smelled him -Camel cigarettes and Old Spice. I have also had 2 out of body experiences. There’s a lot to this world we mortals don’t understand. And there’s more to the hereafter too. My Dad saw Mom multiple times after she died; checking on him.

Last edited by carrollco; 02/07/24.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Great story! Glad you pulled through! Alan

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Beautiful, I know exactly what you're expressing.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (160user, 2500HD, 21, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 28 invisible), 1,768 guests, and 1,096 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,632
Posts18,493,023
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.