-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cancel the treaties. It’ll take a half dozen generations at least, but they’d have a shot.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If I remember correctly a young lady was hunting somewhere in the Montana boondocks last year and killed a Husky roaming at large thinking it was a wolf and several members of this 24HCF were highly critical of her. She pled guilty to some bullcrap charge.

I am in sympathy with folks that have to put up with at large packs of dogs. I was running my cows next door to a 70 acre minority owned rural ghetto of 7 or 8 trailer houses that were raising Pits, Huskies, and Chows that were breeding with no control or much feeding. I still have my cows there but the dog issue has abated.

In the case at hand I'm wondering how the police euthanized those dogs. Probably by AR15 lethal injection.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rez dogs, never heard of 'em.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
24/7/365...

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
During lunch today I read the obits in the weekly paper.

10 people, 421 years old....

It's getting crazy.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
My lovely bride would have probably been this kids PO if we were still in ID. My FIL is a retired professor and volunteered taught one of the tech programs at the HS to try and get the kids some marketable skills once they're out of High School. The problem is the kids get a big ass check from the Rez once they're 18 and instead of using it to better themselves, they go out and buy a new car/truck or use it for drugs, etc. Ft. Hall used to have the highest murder rate in the nation. I've lost track of that - maybe they still do. These reservations are an absolute mess. Too much free sheit and excess free time leads to drugs and alcohol abuse and all the accompanying problems. But it's all the white man's fault. We need to solve it by not giving them guilt money and let them stand on their own.

You pay blacks to stay in the ghetto and you pay Indians to stay on the rez.

Just saying......stand on their own might mean right next door to you.

They are identical environments with geographically different locations.
Race has nothing to do with what the freebie disease causes. I do not know the “acceptable” solution but I do know the cancer grows.

Osky

But what if race does have something to do with it?

It doesn't seem to matter much with drugs however.

We see the same here Jim but our percentage of non-whites is pretty low. The whites on the dole are generally the problem folks. Inof I just looked up says 2022 we're about 75.3% white, 16% or so Hispanic and only about 3% Native American. Blacks are less than 1%. So, if race entered into it, we'd be mostly crime free but we tend to come out about average with the rest of the US.

Now, I will admit, after being here for a few years now, I recognize some of the family names from the two Rezs we have in the county and the one Rancheria. And they seem to have certain members causing trouble on a fairly regular basis. Then again, I recognize some of the white names that are always showing up on the booking report too.

Just like a good work ethic seems to be something that can be instilled in kids, a life on the dole and a life of crime seems to be generational around here for some families. I've also seen it work out, not just here but other places I've lived including on a Rez, that a kid can say "F it, I don't want anything to do with the way I was raised" and they become examples for their kids and others. (wish it happened more often)

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Wild dogs are not good.

Hint: crockpot & bbq

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Rez dogs, never heard of 'em.

You’re Mr Pink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And that my friends is why you need high capacity magazines

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by VernAK
At one time, Alaska had more folks killed by dogs that by bears.

An immigrant down the road a couple miles raised a pack of 16 Akitas that he let run wild.
While walking down the road, I was attacked by 4 of em but my 1911calmed the first two and the other two fled.
They later killed my neighbors old Golden Retriever so he and I got out our wolf snares and solved the problem.

Good for you, Vern. BTDT. Sometimes going the "legal" route just flat ass doesn't work. I've had to deal with a few dog problems myself when regular legal channels were trying to turn it into a "me" problem.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

It's getting crazy.
Damn, that's serious suckage.

Then again, I didn't figure on lasting much past 30 when I was younger.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

An immigrant down the road a couple miles raised a pack of 16 Akitas that he let run wild.
While walking down the road, I was attacked by 4 of em but my 1911calmed the first two and the other two fled.
They later killed my neighbors old Golden Retriever so he and I got out our wolf snares and solved the problem.

Good for you, Vern. BTDT. Sometimes going the "legal" route just flat ass doesn't work. I've had to deal with a few dog problems myself when regular legal channels were trying to turn it into a "me" problem.

We haven't had a "wild dog" pack problem here.........................yet. May not ever given the number of folks around that kill dogs running game or livestock.

But, we do have a couple of places in our 'hood that don't understand their dogs need to be under their immediate control when not contained on their property. Some folks around just think that because they live in the country they can let their dogs out while they are out feeding horses or such, when the dogs are on the other side of the house/barn from them running out into the street threatening my wife and dogs(always leashed) while they're out walking. And a couple others we really worry about, 100lb+ Anatolians or Pyrenese, that are kept fenced in small enclosures by folks that shouldn't be having any critters. They can't keep their pigs, sheep, or their smaller dog in their "fenced" yard even.

If those dogs ever get out and threaten any of us, they will cease to exist in a living state on this planet. And I think that's why those folks have kept them penned up. The other neighbors have informed them of similar feelings.

Oh, I failed to mention...................our Sheriff agrees with me and the neighbors.

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
My lovely bride would have probably been this kids PO if we were still in ID. My FIL is a retired professor and volunteered taught one of the tech programs at the HS to try and get the kids some marketable skills once they're out of High School. The problem is the kids get a big ass check from the Rez once they're 18 and instead of using it to better themselves, they go out and buy a new car/truck or use it for drugs, etc. Ft. Hall used to have the highest murder rate in the nation. I've lost track of that - maybe they still do. These reservations are an absolute mess. Too much free sheit and excess free time leads to drugs and alcohol abuse and all the accompanying problems. But it's all the white man's fault. We need to solve it by not giving them guilt money and let them stand on their own.

Sounds like we need to pay for all of them, including all the Rez dogs to be transplanted down by the Southern Border.

We are just letting in more fugging shigt we gotta pay for. Maybe the rez dogs and thugs can keep the numbers down...

Boom! If they ever impeach that SOB Mayorkas, I’m putting you in for Homeland Security Czar.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Sounds like we need to pay for all of them, including all the Rez dogs to be transplanted down by the Southern Border.

We are just letting in more fugging shigt we gotta pay for. Maybe the rez dogs and thugs can keep the numbers down...

Boom! If they ever impeach that SOB Mayorkas, I’m putting you in for Homeland Security Czar.

Thanks for reminding me...

Who were the 6 Rinos that sided with the demorats??

Edited to add:

Here is the list of the four Republicans who joined their Democratic colleagues:

Ken Buck of Colorado
Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin
Tom McClintock of California
Blake Moore of Utah

Fuggin cowards.

Last edited by local_dirt; 02/07/24.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's getting crazy.

Is that something new? Or is life expectancy on the rez 42.1 years???

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Thanks for reminding me...

Who were the 6 Rinos that sided with the demorats??

Edited to add:

Here is the list of the four Republicans who joined their Democratic colleagues:

Ken Buck of Colorado
Mike Gallagher of Wisconsin
Tom McClintock of California
Blake Moore of Utah

Fuggin cowards.

This poor guy is gonna keep getting lambasted for stepping up and taking one for the team. I don't understand how it works, but he switched his vote to NO so that it could be brought back up for another vote next week when Steve Scalise is expected back from cancer treatments, and then they will have the necessary votes supposedly. Something about the numbers, and his switching to a NO vote changed it so another vote can be taken whenever they're ready without going through the whole process leading up to it, all over again.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have spent a lot of time on a couple reservations in the last 5-6 years. In towns, afoot, around a bunch of people and a bunch of dogs.

Rez dogs around here are usually pretty decent. They are pretty submissive because people there have zero hesitation to lash out at them whether they deserve it or not. So it is rare that the dogs pack up around the towns and get aggressive because folks there will beat a dog or kill a dog in a heartbeat.

But... But when it does happen, the packs are pretty dang dangerous.

Occasionally on the rez, an announcement is made that they is going to be a purge. They did it after the fatality on the N Cheyenne rez. Tribal folks will go out and gather up and kill every loose dog they find. Giving folks a chance to contain their dog or at least get a collar on them. Usually, a collared dog would be given a pass. Because of this, pre-purge, some of the local rescues go out and collar every dog they can get their hands on.

It is sad. But it is the culture there and you see the same thing in how they raise (and I use that term very loosely) their kids. No lines to stay in, no discipline, no responsibility.

Montana MOFO
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Didn't know that about the collars.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Wolf snares huh? Dang wolves get thick and a guy like you steps up to save the local canines, but to no avail.
Good of you to try however.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Didn't know that about the collars.

That's down here on the NC and Crow rez

Montana MOFO
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,521 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,201
Posts18,485,216
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.