Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Gaza my pickled pig's foot. The issue is minimum wage raises. You can't pay some pimpled fry dipper $20/hr and still sell those fries for a buck.

I wonder.

I am MAGA.

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
no doubt raising pay is going to be passed on to consumers but lets not blame the pimple faced kid for making $15 as the sole reason why

2023, second quarter

McDonalds Net Income $2.31B
Starbucks Net Income $1.14B
Subway Net Income $1.8B
Taco Bell Net Income $1.7B
Chick-Fil-A Net Income $4.3B
Wendy’s Net Income $1.9B
Burger King Net Income $1.01B

revenue growth from 2019 to now

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KFWA; 02/07/24.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A couple friends just picked up a simple lunch for two here, including "shakes" and were shocked... $58!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But everything is bigger in Alaska, right? Including the food bills.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Our local McDonald's is more expensive than the ones in Hawaii. My wife loves the haupia pies or whatever the coconut creme flavored ones are that they have in Hawaii so when we're there we eat at McDonald's a few times.

A large fry at our McDonald's is over $4 now.

Bb

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
But everything is bigger in Alaska, right? Including the food bills.
Local eatery/bar, F Street Station, has a Texas-sized cut of halibut on the the menu. The Alaska-sized piece is twice as big.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Mickey D’s food is the fastest working laxative known to man. Eat and take a dump within 30 minutes. Sh*t in sh*t out.

Not even in the same ballpark (or maybe chithouse) as a couple of Taco Bell bean burritos!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
also Subway was getting beat up for their footlong that used to be well, $5, then $6 for a long time and now apparently is closing in on $11.

I haven't eaten at a subway since Jersey Mikes opened up in our town but damn...Subway is a thin ass garbage sandwich anyways ...but $11!

I joked when Biden stole the election that I had subways new jingle all figured out. "Fifteen Dollar Footlong"

In 2022 we stopped at subway in Sturgis and footloose were $15. My wife looked at the menu and said you were right.

When we first got married a dozen years ago we would meet at subway to split a footlong. We were both working jobs that paid us each over 6 figures but we'd split a $ 5 sub with 2 water cups. A lot of university students ate at the same subway and they seemed to all get a footlong, chips, and a soda and some got cookies too. We used to wonder how they could all afford it and joked how we were glad we weren't paying their way through school. Now we are paying their student loans.

Bb

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
FJB doesn't know whether he's playing pocket pool or shoeing horses!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i use to get breakfast there but 8 bucks is expensive in my mind for a muffin drink and hash brown...two eggs at home and a piece of toast now

IC B3

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
my local Mickey D's , you can get 2 sausage mcmuffins and a large drink for $5.02 - (without egg)

I was hitting that everyday for awhile - then my pants got tight. Had to stop

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Everyone who understands free market capitalism predicted this.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Fast food is a joke . Just ate all you can eat Chinese including hibachi for $12.99

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
interesting to see what they do and if others follow

the best deal (at least for lunch) in our area is Olive Garden - all you can eat salad, soup and breadsticks for $8.99. About the same price as a McDonalds combo meal (if you don't get a drink at OG)

-------------------
McDonald's CEO Chris Kempczinski addressed the uproar over soaring prices and has promised "affordability" in 2024.

According to Entrepreneur, Kempczinski spoke on an earnings call Monday and said the fast-food giant might tweak its menu with a new focus on affordability. Per the outlet, Kempczinski said higher menu prices led to McDonald's seeing a negative turn in sales during the last quarter.

"I think what you're going to see as you head into 2024 is probably more attention to what I would describe as affordability," Kempczinski said during the call, per the outlet.

According to Entrepreneur, McDonald's experienced its first quarterly sales miss internationally in almost four years during the fourth quarter of 2023, allegedly due to the conflict in the Middle East. Per the outlet, McDonald's believes Israel's war on Hamas will continue to affect revenue into the first quarter of 2024 and potentially the second quarter.

"Eating at home has become more affordable," Kempczinski said, per the outlet. "The battleground is certainly with that low-income consumer."

"Olive Garden AYCE"
Tell me youare a boomer, without saying it!

A Double Quarter pounder, nothing else.
Costs less, is quick, and portable, actually fills you up, and you don't shìt it out in two hours, left feeling like you haven't eaten in a week.

All fast food has gotten expensive, or small. Often, both.
Wendy's is a great example of both.
"Where (the fudge) IS the beef?"

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
$5 hardees big bag

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

the best deal (at least for lunch) in our area is Olive Garden - all you can eat salad, soup and breadsticks for $8.99. About the same price as a McDonalds combo meal (if you don't get a drink at OG)

-------------------
McDonald's CEO Chris Kempczinski addressed the uproar over soaring prices and has promised "affordability" in 2024.

According to Entrepreneur, Kempczinski spoke on an earnings call Monday and said the fast-food giant might tweak its menu with a new focus on affordability. Per the outlet, Kempczinski said higher menu prices led to McDonald's seeing a negative turn in sales during the last quarter.

"I think what you're going to see as you head into 2024 is probably more attention to what I would describe as affordability," Kempczinski said during the call, per the outlet.

According to Entrepreneur, McDonald's experienced its first quarterly sales miss internationally in almost four years during the fourth quarter of 2023, allegedly due to the conflict in the Middle East. Per the outlet, McDonald's believes Israel's war on Hamas will continue to affect revenue into the first quarter of 2024 and potentially the second quarter.

"Eating at home has become more affordable," Kempczinski said, per the outlet. "The battleground is certainly with that low-income consumer."

"Olive Garden AYCE"

Costs less, is quick, and portable, actually fills you up, and you don't shìt it out in two hours, left feeling like you haven't eaten in a week.

Soup and salad LOL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

-------------------

"Olive Garden AYCE"

Soup and salad LOL
Its easy on the dentures.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Olive Garden AYCE"

hey , if there is a better deal out there for lunch I don't know about it

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
But McD's promises to keep the Quarter Pounder at 100g.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Ate lunch at McDonald's today. Double cheeseburger and 6-piece mcnugget for 6.39. That ain't bad these days.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

119 members (7887mm08, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 35, 69sportfury, 6mmCreedmoor, 11 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,517
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.