Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Heym06 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
I'm wondering what you charge for perdiem. Or what does your company pay, for your travel day! I have set the price at $250 day since 2022, it's not enought sometimes. Depending on where the job is located. I'm thinking of going up another $100. Or charging by location, and that might be a hassle down the road! Your thoughts.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I don't charge a standard rate, rather cost plus 10%.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Easier to do the per diem excluding motel 6 or whatever you can find. With the variation in hotel prices you can wind up paying for strip clubs and the subcontractors should be footing the tab for those.

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 02/07/24.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm not greedy- - - -travel, lodging, and meals are not the product I have to sell. Knowledge is. I look at the location and travel distance and charge accordingly to cover the expense of getting there, and charge $150.00 an hour for the time I spend actually doing the job I'm getting paid for. It must work- - - -I have plenty to do, and I don't take every job that's offered.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
H
Heym06 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
I'm not greedy- - - -travel, lodging, and meals are not the product I have to sell. Knowledge is. I look at the location and travel distance and charge accordingly to cover the expense of getting there, and charge $150.00 an hour for the time I spend actually doing the job I'm getting paid for. It must work- - - -I have plenty to do, and I don't take every job that's offered.
That is close to what I do. I don't want to be overpriced on perdeim. Hours on the job are $150 hr. I only travel about once a month now. Most customers are in the NW, and driving distance. Some jobs require a week to complete, motels and food are outrageous.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Do you know about the GSA's published per diem rates for federal employees? They vary according to location.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Consulting is almost a thing of the past for me, and am not up on current costs.

Almost everything requires driving plus air travel, and I set the on-site work daily rate (not per hour) rather high, so do not state a per diem for the other stuff - just simply submit actual receipts for all travel/lodging/food costs involved. Thus, they know exactly what they are paying for - no funny business and they do not quibble. The work-from-home rate is hourly

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i charge by the hour from door to door, and bill for actual expenses. except one client. they pay 61.00/day per diem on top of door to door, and time and a half after 8 hours

Last edited by gitem_12; 02/07/24.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
We get $60 a day for meals when we’re on the road. Company books and pays for our rooms in Holiday inn or whatever the sister company Hilton is. Every man has his own room.

I’m guessing that pencils out to around $200-$250 a day per hand.

H
Heym06 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by smokepole
Do you know about the GSA's published per diem rates for federal employees? They vary according to location.
Haven't looked for awhile. Might look and compare. My sister is a big wheel biologist for the forest service, she travels often, I'll ask her what she gets. Then add 10% like the big guy😎.

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
My company that has people on the road covers any and all base costs, travel, fuel, hotel etc.
The only thing left to them is meals. 150.00 per day. They don’t eat that much, up to them, the rest is spiff for being away from home time.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I charge what I want depending on my mood

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Heym06
Haven't looked for awhile. Might look and compare. My sister is a big wheel biologist for the forest service, she travels often, I'll ask her what she gets. Then add 10% like the big guy😎.
Not sure what that's like now, but a few years back before I retired any motel/hotel accepting our travel card had to drop their regular rate for the Gov. At some times of the year and some locations, it was hard to find a room at the .Gov rate . The Columbia River Gorge areas during wind surfing type events were particularly bad. Might find a room in the seediest places in The Dalles or such.

I guess that GSA deal is a starting point? Sorry to hear the rate your charging now isn't covering expenses. And the Gooberment tells us the "economy" is good and inflation ain't that bad. Sure thing.

LGB

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
$37.50 a day when working out of town. Company pays for the motel room.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Company pays for the room and the ride and you get 75 bucks a day for your three meals , it's basically like you just went to work somewhere else instead of your house It ain't really making you any money ... many beers in the evening adds to YOUR lost
.lol

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

When I toured with the Ballet and Opera in SF they followed this scale which varied by city and country. They took care of all travel and housing and major meals { non itemized bill to keep the bean counters from complaining about our diet and beverage choices}

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by atvalaska
Company pays for the room and the ride and you get 75 bucks a day for your three meals , it's basically like you just went to work somewhere else instead of your house It ain't really making you any money ... many beers in the evening adds to YOUR lost
.lol

Dude,

you need some expert advice.

If they give you that $75 a day without requiring receipts from restaurants and such, go to the nearest grocery store, get some Wonder Bread and bologna. Maybe some granola bars bars for breakfast, and some apples and such.

I bet you could pocket $50 a day or so.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wish we got a per diem, but no, gotta travel with the company travel card, then do an expense report the following week.

If it were a per diem, I'd be eating a bologna sandwich and an apple 3 meals a day. As it is, I eat a lot better. We have a per meal limit, but I don't even know what it is, I've only hit it once.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I wish we got a per diem, but no, gotta travel with the company travel card, then do an expense report the following week.

If it were a per diem, I'd be eating a bologna sandwich and an apple 3 meals a day. As it is, I eat a lot better. We have a per meal limit, but I don't even know what it is, I've only hit it once.
When I worked on the road I’d pack a snack bag and generally just have some jerky or crackers for lunch every day out on the job. First night out I’d order an extra large pepperoni pizza to eat on and put the leftovers in the room fridge, get three meals out of it. I rarely eat breakfast anyway. End of the week I’d submit my per diem request and have a couple hundred bucks for the gun or hunt fund to rathole away.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

This.

Last.com required personal cc use, mileage reimbursement, expense reports which were pretty painless and all digital thru concur. I expense a lot of nice meals and client dinners and all have been reimbursed.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

C’mon, man! Live a little. Mix in some salami. And spring for some cheese. You only live once! 😁

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I travel a lot, 100-160 flights per year. I stay where I want to stay and eat where and what I want to and do not get hassled. If I was in a position where I was being pushed back on, I’d push back. Traveling must be made as comfortable as reasonable. I am specific about hotels, flights, parking, cars etc.
s

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

251 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 32 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,978
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.