Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Yep , it’s wierd at times
I was on hawksbill creek trout fishing several years ago and it was snowing heavily
I was probably a mile and half from parking area and working my way down the creek
For whatever reason I looked up the creek and could see this dark figure walking toward me
For what ever reason I knew it was about dad
I started walking toward the dark figure , it was Bob , my brother in law
He was hot boxing a ciggarette and stopped and didn’t say anything
I said , Dad ?
He shook his head yes and we walked back to the parking lot in silence
Put the pole snd couple fish on the back of the truck
And drove home with Bob following
Was a strange event
Kenneth

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
When my dad left this world in June 2010, I had a dream about a week later that my cell phone was ringing and ringing. I finally answered it and it was my dad. He talked to me for about 10 minutes and told me not to worry about anything and everything will be alright.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
To me, it’s a great comfort. Dave and I were pretty close. Years of hunting together, working on vehicles together will do that.😀
Gue is 2 years younger, but, the bond of hunting together is something pretty special. I was always much closer to Dave. Even though he was six years older. And Me and him and The Old Man logged many miles together. More than family, we were great friends.
It’d be just like Dave to use Gue’s phone to let me know.
I figure that he, and Dad, Uncle Poke, and many others are together hunting. Probably got my stand marked out, waiting for me.😀
I think that George Washington said, “As I grow older, I see God untying the strings holding me to this world, and tying them into the next”.
I’ll see Dave and The Old Man someday. I don’t know when, that’s up to God.
But I take great comfort in this knowledge.
Until then, I’ll remember Dave and Dad each and every day, and I will thank a loving God.
Reon

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
In 2020, I had Covid and darn near died multiple times both from the disease, treatments or secondary infections like pneumonia. I was placed on a ventilator. Only 3 of us survived in the ICU Covid ward. I did not take the so called vaccine. I came off the ventilator with a stage IV sacral wound and Covid toes and heel on my left foot. I could only talk with my button in( had a trach), move my fingers, I was totally immobile. Dependent upon others to care for me and turn me side to side. I asked my wife when my Dad was coming to see me again. She put me off. I kept asking. She finally got flustered and reminded me that he had been dead 25 years. While I was on ventilator and in a medically induced coma, he was with me. Beside me. I couldn’t open my eyes but smelled him -Camel cigarettes and Old Spice. I have also had 2 out of body experiences. There’s a lot to this world we mortals don’t understand. And there’s more to the hereafter too. My Dad saw Mom multiple times after she died; checking on him.

Last edited by carrollco; 02/07/24.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Great story! Glad you pulled through! Alan

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Beautiful, I know exactly what you're expressing.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 10ring1, 78 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,718
Posts18,494,638
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.