Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Any of you guys ever been there?

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not the Coon Dog, but I've been to the Fox Hound Cemetery. It's near Shelbyville, Tx.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Been there several time over the years. My in-laws live in NW Alabama, which is where, contrary to the movie "Sweet Home Alabama," it is actually located.

J
J
When I was still serving time with the ex wife, I used to get out and ride motorcycle every chance, just to be anywhere but at home with her.
Just pick a direction and GO. I ended up at the coondog cemetery one day. Seems like it was on memorial day holiday. I rolled in to a crowd, cars parked everywhere, mostly elderly folks getting out and slowly walking down through the trees towards a little pavilion and the cemetery.
Reminded me strongly of oh brother where art thou? The scene where they stumble up on a mass baptism at the river.
I finally got nerve up to ask one sweet old lady what was the occasion? She said “it’s decoration day hon. Come on down, they’re selling bbq plates, t shirts and things”
I bought a plate and a shirt. Nice experience.
Can’t wear the shirt anymore, too many beers and 2 sizes too small now.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeffroinms
I ended up at the coondog cemetery one day. Seems like it was on memorial day holiday. I rolled in to a crowd, cars parked everywhere, mostly elderly folks getting out and slowly walking down through the trees towards a little pavilion and the cemetery.
Reminded me strongly of oh brother where art thou? The scene where they stumble up on a mass baptism at the river.
I finally got nerve up to ask one sweet old lady what was the occasion? She said “it’s decoration day hon. Come on down, they’re selling bbq plates, t shirts and things”
I bought a plate and a shirt. Nice experience.
Can’t wear the shirt anymore, too many beers and 2 sizes too small now.

Quite the experience, I'm glad you found it on 'decoration day'

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I had to bring back pictures to convince people I worked with that it was real. Same for Slick Lizard Barbeque in Nauvoo.

Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning will take care of itself.
Coach Bryant.
J
J
Anyone up that way, check out Rattlesnake Saloon too. Pretty neat little place.
And I’ve lost any contact I had when some family members passed - but in my opinion that area makes the best white liquor to be found. Smooth sipping, but careful or you might wake up naked in the woods 😂

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yes this place is 100% real. There's a statue of a tree with coons up on a limb and 2 coon dogs at the base. There's some really nice "headstones" out there. Some people really like there coon dogs and spend a bunch of money on them. I'm about an hour away from there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Grew up not too far from there and used to go by there all the time. Haven’t been there in at least 30 years though.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by ALLongshot
Yes this place is 100% real. There's a statue of a tree with coons up on a limb and 2 coon dogs at the base. There's some really nice "headstones" out there. Some people really like there coon dogs and spend a bunch of money on them. I'm about an hour away from there.

That's cool.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Not the Coon Dog, but I've been to the Fox Hound Cemetery. It's near Shelbyville, Tx.

^ ^ ^ ^

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've been there. Pretty cool spot and I'd recommend it for anyone traveling nearby. I wouldn't go 50 miles out of the way, but if you're close and have some time to kill it is worth it.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/alabama/coon-dog-cemetery-al/

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=coon+dog+cemetery+alabama&FORM=HDRSC3

Another cool spot if you're a dog lover in Vermont. We stopped by there last summer. The walls are covered with photos and memorials of dogs.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=dog+chapel+vermont&FORM=HDRSC3

Last edited by JMR40; 02/08/24.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 219DW, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,201
Posts18,485,216
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.