Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Buck720
So you guys are cheering on another way government can control you. It’s freaking amazing!

Please help me understand how you believe "government" can control Bitcoin.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Anything and everything that is ran by internet or satellite services can be shut down at any time. If you do not keep or use cash your in deep trouble. Have you not already seen what happens when the power goes down across a huge area? You can’t purchase anything with plastic or wired services anywhere!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anything and everything that is ran by internet or satellite services can be shut down at any time.

Can you explain how Bitcoin transactions will be shut down? What specific changes would be made?

Asking because both China and India have banned them, but they continue to occur in both countries. To my knowledge governments in both countries have much higher control over the backbone connections to the Internet than US governments do.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
All I can say is people that don’t think it can happen will be the ones that will go crazy when it does. Just like when a cell phone tower goes down and people have no type of communication they go absolutely ape shi* crazy!
Bitcoin is not insured or protected in anyway.

Last edited by Buck720; 02/10/24.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
All I can say is people that don’t think it can happen will be the ones that will go crazy when it does. Just like when a cell phone tower goes down and people have no type of communication they go absolutely ape shi* crazy!
Bitcoin is not insured or protected in anyway.
You mean like stocks?

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RHOD
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What is behind the "bitcoin"?

About the same that is behind the US dollar - vapor value.

And Gold and Silver for that matter. Everything is worth whatever people think it is worth.
Wow! You are amazingly misinformed. First gold and silver were valued for their many unique properties. Then they became money. No one decided one day that they were money, and just put them out there as such, as with Bitcoin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All I can say is people that don’t think it can happen will be the ones that will go crazy when it does.

I'm just asking you to explain how the government can ban it. You say it can, but you don't seem to know how, so I am wondering what you base your thoughts on.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I didn’t say ban it I said can shut it down with a push of a button. I know everyone on here has a cell phone and everyone that does got the emergency testing on every phone in the United States here a few months ago. It’s simple testing for control. Bitcoin is all internet based they can control it and watch every move on it!

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What is behind the "bitcoin"?

About the same that is behind the US dollar - vapor value.

And Gold and Silver for that matter. Everything is worth whatever people think it is worth.
Wow! You are amazingly misinformed. First gold and silver were valued for their many unique properties. Then they became money. No one decided one day that they were money, and just put them out there as such, as with Bitcoin.

There are all kinds of things that can be used as money. Anything that is commonly accepted within an economy to be used as means of exchange, unit of accounting, a store of wealth, etc. can be used. Money is, as money does. Money is a human construct to make exchange of goods and services easier.

https://www.afriexapp.com/post/the-history-of-money-strange-things-used-as-currency

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Wampum

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bitcoin is all internet based they can control it and watch every move on it!

The Bitcoin ledger is public information as designed, anyone at all can watch every move.

I am asking you to explain how they would shut it down. What specific things would be done to prevent Bitcoin transactions from occurring? Just full disclosure: I think there is 0% chance you have any idea what you are talking about and know nothing about how Bitcoin works apart from you reading a CNN article about the Internet somehow being involved, but I am easily convinced by evidence. Just walk me through it.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There are all kinds of things that can be used as money. Anything that is commonly accepted within an economy to be used as means of exchange, unit of accounting, a store of wealth, etc. can be used. Money is, as money does. Money is a human construct to make exchange of goods and services easier.
Currency, not money. Money must be a currency, but not all currency is money. Fiat dollars and Bit Coins, while currencies, fail the standard for money with regard to durability and store of value. They also have no underlying utility.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hicountry
If you think the gov is going to allow a competitor to their currency, you really are smoking something.

Could be the short of the century....
The bankers of the world cannot allow an alternative to fiat currency. Not saying Bitcoin is good money, but good money has to be outlawed as was gold in the 1930s to the 1970s. Whether Bitcoin is good money or not it will get its chain yanked up short if it threatens government sanctioned money.
Gold or silver has never been worth nothing. That among other reasons is why the U.S. government outlawed most private ownership of it in the 30s.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Currency, not money. Money must be a currency, but not all currency is money. Fiat dollars and Bit Coins, while currencies, fail the standard for money with regard to durability and store of value. They also have no underlying utility.

I’m sorry, but no.

Currency is a physical form of money. Your understanding if kind of backwards. You can’t have currency without the underlying money. Most money is not in the form of currency. I’ve got money in the bank that is really only accounting.

I can go and get some of that money in the form of currency so I can put if in my pocket and walk around with it (it is really more like an I.O.U. for the value it represents). I can take it back to the bank, give it to them and they will credit my account, then somebody else can go and get that same currency that will come and the will debit their account for that money.

When gold or silver was used. It was really no different, that’s why economies have been able to go on and off the gold standard without a total collapse of their economies. It’s just accounting.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Heym06
So if you had 100 k in crypto, you could cash it out in one day, and have currency in your hand.

At what bank have you taken $100k out of your account and had the fiat in your hand on the same day?
If you read the entire comment you would see, never. Whats your point?

Look up and you can see it.
I know this was yesterday, but you cherry picked what I said, like a fuggn democrap! And cropped the last sentence. Any thing you say in the future can not to be trusted! Spinng , is not an acceptable practice, to follow a conversation. GFY

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
When gold or silver was used. It was really no different, that’s why economies have been able to go on and off the gold standard without a total collapse of their economies. It’s just accounting.
It's not accounting. Currency that's divorced from real money is fraud and theft. It's a prerequisite for the Ponzi scheme they force us to participate in, designed to constantly strip wealth from the people at large so as to transfer it to a tiny, elite, super wealthy, class.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spinng , is not an acceptable practice, to follow a conversation. GFY

What a loss for me that that I no longer have your trust.

I missed the part where you explained how Bitcoin transactions will be controlled by the government. Can you post it again?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Over $48,000!!! WoooHoo

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

I missed the part where you explained how Bitcoin transactions will be controlled by the government. Can you post it again?
There you go again, pretty soon no one will trust you! Nor should they!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

The governments of the world will simply outlaw Bitcoin and its copycats and that will be that. Heavy penalties attached for trade in anything but the approved "money".

Finished business.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,384
Posts18,488,634
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.