Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
The new Garmin has the capacity to export a CSV file which I can import , read and print from EXCEL.

The amount of data is limited that it appears to transfer in this file , shot # , speed , deviation is present but any specifics you make as notes , caliber labels even date does not transfer from the app .

Has anyone expanded on the use of this file and printing of hard copies from excel ?

Thanks in advance

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The iOS Numbers app appears to be able to export directly as an Excel file. Using an Apple device, you should be able to export the CSV to Numbers and then get that into Excel. I Airdropped the CSV from my phone to my iPad for easier viewing, but just installed the Speedshot app on the tablet so I can dump directly from the Garmin.

Not using Apple? No clue…

Last edited by Pappy348; 02/06/24.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Pappy , thanks for reply .

Yes have been able to down load the csv file via my iPhone and email my PC at work so I have access to excel .

I was incorporating my description into the title file in my phone but now making most of that in the “ notes” …. That does transfer and once in excel I can modify .

Was not real familiar with csv files but learning.

The Garmin is a nice unit and being able to manage data on my phone and hard copy is handy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Did you email the csv or convert to excel first in Numbers? Just curious, as while I have a Windows laptop, it sits idle for the most part as iOS does everything I need these days. Never know though when you’re gonna need to send something to someone using another platform, as I found out while working on my father’s estate.

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yikes! Y'all are talking Greek to my ears! All I want the bloody thing to do is be its charming tiny self and show me how fast my bullet went. grin

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m a terrible record keeper; mine mostly consist of the labels I stick on the cartridge boxes along with the loose pile of targets I have. Of late I’ve begun taking pics of those targets with notes scribbled on them. This thing will let me save the data to a spreadsheet, print it and/or save that on my tablet (and in the Cloud from which it can be retrieved later) and I can even attach a pic of my targets to the spreadsheet. Just did that in fact before I wrote this.

Not saying my lazy azz is actually gonna do any of that, but I could…….

What fresh Hell is this?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What's a spreadsheet? What's a cloud?

Just funnin' ya. I'm a Luddite at heart.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knew that….

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Pappy , I used the function in the app to directly email my pc at the office . I then opened the csv file directly with excel , no conversion.

I am not familiar with numbers on my iPhone , have not used that app.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Maine_Rifle
Pappy , I used the function in the app to directly email my pc at the office . I then opened the csv file directly with excel , no conversion.

Your post got me wondering, so I just attempted the same thing. Worked like a champ. Thanks for the info Maine.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Maine_Rifle

I never used Numbers either. Just another spreadsheet but the default format looks good, certainly meets my meager requirements. I’ll futz around with it more after I gather some more data and ponder exactly what I really want displayed.

What fresh Hell is this?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (AKislander, 300_savage, Anaconda, 69sportfury, 8 invisible), 1,553 guests, and 877 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,574
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.