Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
BC30cal Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
All;
Good evening to you, I hope that each of you had a decent day and all you care for are well.

As the title says and I do know I'm cognizant of it, this is preaching to the choir.

Nonetheless, here's someone in the media who gets it and tells it like it is - according to the latest stats from Stats Canada.

In the event it changes one mind out there or perhaps encourages one gun owner to get off the pot and go vote.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dwayne thanks for piutting this up. It is an interesting video and Lorne always presents good data.

For what it is worth think the problem is somewhat different in the thought process with Sparkle Socks and his buddy with the fancy watch, car and Gucci bag. I believe these people actually follow a process that is ---

I do not do what you do

I do not like what you do

You have to stop doing that as I do not like it

I remember a person that works on the NDP MLA campaign for our riding saying there was nothing wrong with stopping sport hunting and they (the NDP) would work towards that. I remember our NDP mayor advocating for all personal firearms to be stored in central armouries managed by the city. Then there was a recent spokesperson / advocate in the east saying the same thing on armouries but added a maximum sign out time and a fine if you were late in bringing your own gun back.

All rules put forward by people that are not in shooting sports, have no interest, have no knowledge and are not in the least bit concerned over smuggled guns and gun crime.

They just want to remake society into their vision.

I see the same thought process applied to pushes by government individuals on EV's, changes to the electrical grid --- the list is long.

All the best from a cloudy and cool Alberta.

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hugh;
Good evening to you sir, thanks for the reply and weather update.

Looking at some of these issues through a historical lens, as I'm wont to do, I'd make a couple observations that piggyback onto your thoughts on the matter.

Any governing body can only enforce rules that the governed feel are fair and righteous.

Prohibition is a great example where the "governed" decided more or less en masse to ignore.

Now the sticky wicket doesn't end with the folks who decided to ignore the prohibition and perhaps take a drink themselves now and again.

Some of the folks with an entrepreneurial bent, decided that since their government had made their hobby unlawful, they'd wade deeper into the fray and make a living at it.

Many did just that and did well at it, some become notorious scofflaws who died in shootouts with those attempting to enforce the laws, which they themselves didn't always abide by mind you Hugh.

If anyone cannot see a possible parallel in my parable, then I'd prevail upon them to peruse it once more.

Our proximity to the medicine line and a couple of the larger FN communities here allow me a wee modicum of insight into folks with an entrepreneurial streak moving a few things in both directions.

The folks you speak of are indeed true believers Hugh and so far they've either chosen to disregard the facts or aren't aware of them. How that'll all pan out for them remains to be seen for sure.

Interesting times we live in for sure and certain sir.

All the best to you all Hugh.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/06/24.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Seems pretty clear they dont want to disarm the criminals because they aren't a threat. The NDP/Liberal government especially likes drugs and the crime the foreigners bring to our streets.
I think they want that so that they can elude to the crime and justify them bringing in policy that engulfs us.

On the so-called illegal guns.......its the Indians LOL.......so one entity allowed to flourish is the foreigners, and the other is the Indians. Those are the excuses for them to come after the good guys,, its ridiculous.

The bigger picture reveals a political party (NDP) with its roots in Communism, hard to ignore, yet people do.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
No such thing as a government, just another word for mobster more or less.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Seems pretty clear they dont want to disarm the criminals because they aren't a threat. The NDP/Liberal government especially likes drugs and the crime the foreigners bring to our streets.
I think they want that so that they can elude to the crime and justify them bringing in policy that engulfs us.

On the so-called illegal guns.......its the Indians LOL.......so one entity allowed to flourish is the foreigners, and the other is the Indians. Those are the excuses for them to come after the good guys,, its ridiculous.

The bigger picture reveals a political party (NDP) with its roots in Communism, hard to ignore, yet people do.

673;
Good evening my friend, I hope the day behaved well enough for you all.

Once more, there is nothing in your post I disagree with.

The part in bold is especially baffling is it not?

All the best.

Dwayne

PS;
In the for whatever it's worth category, my late father met Tommy Douglas and heard him speak at least a couple times.

Dad was pretty charitable to his fellow man as a rule, but had nothing positive to say about Tommy Douglas...

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/06/24. Reason: more information

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
marzoom;
Good evening to you sir, I hope life on the Big Rock in the Pacific is treating you well tonight.

For sure lately, if not mobsters, they're at least fitting a few definitions of "organized crime".

All the best.

Dwayne

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I’ve said this before, Trudeau doesn’t want to disarm the criminal gangs because they drive the narrative that there is a gun problem in Canada. After a gang or terrorist shooting event Trudeau’s propaganda arm, the mainstream media, puts that out in a terrifying perspective and frightens the urban population that then demands further firearms restrictions. It’s all working towards disarming legal gun owners and making Canada gun free. Just like Klaus Schwab of the WEF desires.

Once that goal is attained, I fear that the worst will be yet to come for the general population.

Nick

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
These government idiots have an agenda which certainly does not include “for the people.” At best, the voters are just speed bumps to them. A bully only understands a fist to the face. If the people don’t rise up in opposition, their intent is to fully trample you.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Reloder28
These government idiots have an agenda which certainly does not include “for the people.” At best, the voters are just speed bumps to them. A bully only understands a fist to the face. If the people don’t rise up in opposition, their intent is to fully trample you.
Agree 100%

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugeman, 2500HD, 1936M71, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,686
Posts18,494,019
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.