Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by norm99
Originally Posted by Osky
Cash or others, is that a pre-made double step fascia product? Or wrapped stepped wood?
Its sharp and if it’s pre formed product I’ve not seen it before.

Osky
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by Sprint11
Originally Posted by swamphunter
What's not to like

That wooden log running though the middle of the chimney is a concern.

AI don't care!

built up 2x12 with a 2x8 with a 2x4 . or 1x stock.
i have a friend that can build up any number of profiles rather than have them milled by a factory.

Norm

defiantly built up... aka nailing them together. but the last piece in the ensemble looks to have a drip edge. if it was a 2x4 I think it would have a shadow line like the second piece displays.....I cant blow the picture up so that's my guess...bob

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
Rez bougge?

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Here's one we built for a client:
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by kolofardos; 02/10/24.
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Nice. You thinking of building something at your place like this? Images like this always bring good thoughts to me. My mind wanders off into times past sitting outside around a fire and good company watching the stars and having good conversations.

Back burner thing...

Like you... I enjoy the thinking about.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by kolofardos

Very Nice work!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Very Nice work!

Thanks!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have a dream to add something to a small cabin I am building. I really appreciate the critic posts that highlight some of the mistakes.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

nice and clean...bob

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I just don't understand putting the money into it, if you're only option for cooking is a gas grill. If you are gonna spend 30,40,50K, put in some more tools.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I just don't understand putting the money into it, if you're only option for cooking is a gas grill. If you are gonna spend 30,40,50K, put in some more tools.

50k would be a good down payment......bob

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks nice, but we'd have to bundle up to stay out there for 9 months out of the year. That, and the plumbing would have to heated or winterized.

1Minute
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
As others have already noted, it does look really nice and would be a great feature when it is not raining, snowing, or if mosquitoes were not an issue. I have seen several such kitchens, but they were well under a tall roof and sometimes screened in. Propane heaters might be a good option, if the weather is not too cold. I have seen some with a hot tub and outdoor shower off to the side as well, but this was all under a large roofed area off the back of a house. In my opinion, if you are not going to build it large enough and with enough usable features, both for convenience and for weather considerations, it could be a serious waste of money. Personally, for my fantasy home, I would love to have a functional area like this.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Nice. You thinking of building something at your place like this? Images like this always bring good thoughts to me. My mind wanders off into times past sitting outside around a fire and good company watching the stars and having good conversations.

Back burner thing...

Like you... I enjoy the thinking about.
My list of back burners is as long as my other list! Good to keep the mind occupied though.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Summer kitchens were fairly common back when.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
... if you want to show an outdoor cooking area that will get a lot of likes and not so much criticism on here cash. show a 10x50 single wide with the wall cut out where the kitchen/dining room is with opaque plastic put up for a barrier against the elements ....bob

Huh?

Cash....you post a killer patio/outdoor cooking area....a really nice place, and people immediately start to criticize it and not appreciate it for what it is.....hence my suggestion on what maybe more appealing to a lot of folks...bob

I don’t think anyone is a schitting on it. Just that that specific layout needs some work.

As mentioned the seating area is uncovered, the counter in front of the seats has two big sinks right in front of them, the booze shelves directly over the gas grill, the fireplace where the only one that get any heat from it is the guy standing in front of the grill….

It’s pretty. Needs some layout tweaks. Nothing huge though.

I’m starting on a kinda similar cabana this spring. Quite a bit simpler though. Haven’t settled on a shed roof or a low gable roof yet.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
... if you want to show an outdoor cooking area that will get a lot of likes and not so much criticism on here cash. show a 10x50 single wide with the wall cut out where the kitchen/dining room is with opaque plastic put up for a barrier against the elements ....bob

Huh?

Cash....you post a killer patio/outdoor cooking area....a really nice place, and people immediately start to criticize it and not appreciate it for what it is.....hence my suggestion on what maybe more appealing to a lot of folks...bob

Copy...

I did not mean to imply to anyone it was mine... only that it would be fun stuff to build.

Our place here on the Bay is 220+/- years old... the original "outside kitchen" is gone except the brick grill in very poor condition. I have been threatening to rebuild it and add a smoker (for fish mostly).

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We live in northern MT and unlike some of these old fair weather puzzies(I'm teasing now) I'd be using that setup pretty much all the time.

But, it would be a bitch to clean. Between blowing snow and blowing dust, thunderstorms, etc.. I would get tired of trying to keep it up real quick.

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I like the idea but not the $50k budget

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Does anyone really think that the log runs through the chimney ?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I like the idea but not the $50k budget

Fifty wouldn't build it.....bob

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (3333vl, 264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 24 invisible), 2,151 guests, and 1,144 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,881
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.