K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by BobMt
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I like the idea but not the $50k budget

Fifty wouldn't build it.....bob

Definitely not up here. But wages are $30 for laborers and 50 to 60 for tradesmen

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E

I’ll stick with my half ass patty thx🤣

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by kolofardos

Definitely not up here. But wages are $30 for laborers and 50 to 60 for tradesmen

Neighbors did one right. Helped him frame it, and do the stone and electrical. Poured concrete countertops. I think they spent about 30K when it was done. Kegarator, Blackstone, kamado, fridge and sink. He has a trailer offset that he parks next to it.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by swamphunter
What's not to like

It's going to be nice as long as the weather is good.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I sunk some big money into an outside patio/living room/kitchen a few years ago. Of course, I'm in N. TX and our climate is decent. We use our outdoor living room more than the indoor one. If I get a fire going in the fireplace, we can sit out there when it's 45 degrees (shielded from the N and W winds). I probably use the grill and outdoor burner more than we use our kitchen oven and range.

In fact, we'll sit on the patio all day tomorrow for the Superbowl, grilling, feasting and watching the game.

There are some things I'd change if I ever built 2.0, but our first pass came pretty close to perfection.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Sprint11
Originally Posted by swamphunter
What's not to like

That wooden log running though the middle of the chimney is a concern.
That has to be a propane-burning fireplace with no chimney. I built the stone fireplace in my house. There is no room for a big timber to run through the middle of a wood burning fireplace.

That kitchen is beautiful! I have never seen such a thing.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
It would be no problem, to build up the brick interior and rock exterior of that propane burning fireplace, and then to set that log in the middle of it, then continue to build up the masonry fireplace. The masonry would easily support that big timber.

It is against the building code for non pressure treated wood to be in contact with masonry. That masonry would continually be moist, and in ten or fifteen years the wood would rot.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Cash on our way home from church today I stopped and took some pictures of this place. It's in the Florida state park in Florida, Mo. It was built by the CCC workers in 1933. They did quite a bit of stone work and other things in the park. This has a fireplace in the end and plenty of room for picnic tables under the roof. Likely not what any of us would build but I sure like it and the setting.

Attached Images
001.jpg (25.11 KB, 93 downloads)
Last edited by Jim1611; 02/11/24.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Kinda neat but how long does it take to clean the bird chit of it before using it everytime?

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Those are great to look at.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Kinda neat but how long does it take to clean the bird chit of it before using it everytime?
I'm sure it keeps the park employees busy.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Cash…. I always enjoy your posts on this stuff, your tastes are very similar to mine and I could be quite satisfied with any of the ideas you’ve posted. I wish I had your talent and expertise but that ship sailed a long time ago. 😄

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Cash…. I always enjoy your posts on this stuff, your tastes are very similar to mine and I could be quite satisfied with any of the ideas you’ve posted. I wish I had your talent and expertise but that ship sailed a long time ago. 😄

Just wait on this 20x20 Cottage I am working on now at Bayside Joinery...

All humility aside... It is going to be a very cool kit home.

BTW... Thanks

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've got a 12x20 deck with a slant-roof @ our camper lot. 6'x2' SS prep table w/2-burner Blackstone on top. Deep-fryer, Air-fryer, cooking tools, and a few spices stored on the shelf underneath. Full-size fridge/freezer, and a 3-burner gas Weber. About the only cooking we do inside the camper anymore is microwave popcorn. A poor-man's outdoor kitchen minus the running water. Surprisingly, I don't have trouble w/mice or other varmints. I have a cover for the grill and the prep table/blackstone so they stay free of bird droppings while we're not there.

I could see having a true outdoor kitchen if I lived in a milder climate. As a few others have stated though, I couldn't use one year 'round. If one were plumbed, I'd have to winterize it sometime in Oct and couldn't begin safely using it again until May without risking below-freezing temps overnight.

I get that the original pic is AI generated but it wouldn't take much to make that rendering quite useful. Put the sinks where the gas grill is. Gas burners for the flat-top. Have the gas grill and/or a Kamodo over top of where the wood is currently stored. Figure out a pizza oven provision in the big fireplace. Lastly on a quick glance, as others have said, stretch out the roof to cover the folks @ the bar.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
Pretty killer. Bought a property in Maine I plan on moving up to within the year. Will be building a small place up there where I hope to do something like this. Not nearly as elaborate obviously but something covered, with fireplace and a sweet ass Argentinian grill.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
It looks nice and I'm sure it was expensive to build. Outside pavilions are nice if you can afford them and you have space and are able to devote a lot of time to keeping them up. I have found that everything you build outside takes a lot of care or it will deteriorate. Around here wasps and yellowjackets are thankful for pavilions. Dust and debris are a constant problem with the wind. The one I'd like to build would be smaller and less elaborate. Facing reality we wouldn't be entertaining all that much. I built a 12x20 Pergola over part of our deck last year. If my health holds I might attempt a small pavilion of some sort after Biden assumes his proper place in society.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (35, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, akrange, 16 invisible), 1,641 guests, and 848 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,940
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.