Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gunchamp
So much death. Humans have gotten very good at killing each other

When the Leftist come for your guns be sure to surrender peacefully. You wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
We're currently working on a variation of the old cluster munitions, but instead of submunitions it releases a swarm of drones.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I did a bit more research and the 22 was an American 180. It was an improved version of a casull designed gun. At some point someone made a quad barreled version that could fire between 3000-12,000 rounds a minute. In the 70s the American 180 was marketed to law enforcement as a crowd control gun. Might be fun to build a smaller one and mount it on a drone.

Bb

Have fun carrying that on your back through the muck.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
We're currently working on a variation of the old cluster munitions, but instead of submunitions it releases a swarm of drones.

have a video of your performance. you say "we"

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by gunchamp
So much death. Humans have gotten very good at killing each other

When the Leftist come for your guns be sure to surrender peacefully. You wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.

you promoted a harmful jab that never worked and destroyed millions of lives. laughable you care about rights

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
And a dove can do 60 mph. That doesn’t stop me from knocking them out of the sky at 50-60 yards and a pretty regular basis.

That people like you draw a corollary between dove hunting and shooting down drones, is just more evidence that you are in so far over your heads Amazon would have to ship you daylight.

If I knew where you lived I’d clean your clock on a skeet field. Why do you think shooting down a mechanized aerial target is any different to a feathered one?

Want to talk shotguns? Let’s talk. Or, if you live in Tx hill country, let’s shoot. Don’t be skeered.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Why do you think shooting down a mechanized aerial target is any different to a feathered one?

That you think it is the same is the funny part.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Stickysucker,

Here’s your corollary. Birds on the wing are moving targets. Drones, are moving targets. Shotguns are made to be pointed and shot, not aimed. You can tailor the load to the task. Hows that for a corollary, dipscheet.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Stickysucker,

Here’s your corollary. Birds on the wing are moving targets. Drones, are moving targets. Shotguns are made to be pointed and shot, not aimed. You can tailor the load to the task. Hows that for a corollary, dipscheet.

The skeet field part was a good troll, I admit.

Happy that I taught you a word today!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Why do you think shooting down a mechanized aerial target is any different to a feathered one?

That you think it is the same is the funny part.

Same is a strong word. Is pass shooting doves the same as jump shooting ducks?
Where did I say “same”, Sticksuck?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Same is a strong word. Is pass shooting doves the same as jump shooting ducks?

Semantics is your only safe move.

Next one is "I was only pretending to be retarded"

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Let’s just put it this way. I could shoot down a drone with a shotty. Maybe not every time. But Sticksuck, he’s [bleep]. Wouldn’t even try. He’d be the thumb sucker in the fighting hole, or sucking hole is your Sticksuck, waiting for the metallic enema in the form of a $450 drone/handgrenade.
Good luck, SS. Thoughts and prayers to you.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I could shoot down a drone with a shotty.

How many have you, in a combat situation or otherwise?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Guy's, I'm by NO means an expert, but I probably know more about anti-drone tech than anyone else on this forum.

Again, if it is so easy to disable a drone with a shotgun, why aren't the Ukes and Ruskies doing it?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve
Again, if it is so easy to disable a drone with a shotgun, why aren't the Ukes and Ruskies doing it?

No one says Pull?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No one says Pull?

Gotta be it.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Unlike a bird a drone operator will understand the effective range of the shotgunner and understand which angles and evasive maneuvers to attack from. To say nothing of it being one thing to shoot a dove using ideal form and technique (how many doves are still missed) compared to a kamikaze drone trying to kill you while crouched down or running. The guns would need to be choked as tight as possible for 50 yard shots and in the split second that it takes the drone to get within 20 yards or less the shot pattern will be so tight that hitting a drone on a war field as it’s operator is trying to avoid it being hit will be extremely difficult.

How many guys are you going to effectively take out of the fight in order to have them tote goose guns loaded with birdshot?

How many drones are you going to hit as they drop bombs from even just 100 yards up? How difficult would it be to lightly armor even a small drone to withstand a pellet or two of birdshot from 60-70 yards below? Or the resources needed to train up soldiers on skeet fields… or maybe sporting clays fields with “goose guns”? How would one shotgun defend against a two drone attack? Even with one drone buzzing around just out of shotgun range the psychological effect is still going to be a huge factor to the guys on the ground as it zips around looking for an opening or to put a human shield between the soldier with a shotgun and the drone. If the shotgunner is already pinned down under enemy fire or there are burnt out vehicles, buildings, or even trees in the vicinity. Basically anywhere besides a wide open field without enemy fire. How well is a shotgunner going to be able to maneuver on the drone cruising along at 50-80 MPH with several human targets and just outside of shotgun range?

It’s absolutely fantasy land.

Paraphrasing what Steve said if it worked both Russia and Ukraine would be making a run to Walmart and buying up the 870’s.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Unlike a bird a drone operator will understand the effective range of the shotgunner and understand which angles and evasive maneuvers to attack from. To say nothing of it being one thing to shoot a dove (how many of those are missed) compared to a kamikaze drone trying to kill you.

How many guys are you going to effectively take out of the fight in order to have them tote goose guns loaded with birdshot?

How many drones are you going to hit as they drop bombs from even just 100 yards up? How difficult would it be to lightly armor even a small drone to withstand a pellet or two of birdshot from 60-70 yards below? Or the resources needed to train up soldiers on skeet fields… or maybe sporting clays fields with “goose guns”? How would one shotgun defend against a two drone attack? Even with one drone buzzing around just out of shotgun range the psychological effect is still going to be a huge factor to the guys on the ground as it zip around looking for an opening or to put a human shield between the soldier with a shotgun and the drone.

It’s absolutely fantasy land.

Paraphrasing what Steve said if it worked both Russia and Ukraine would be making a run to Walmart and buying up the 870’s.

That’s some great pontificating.

But my first guess to the original question of why don’t we see them using more shotguns;
1-warfare evolves. Cause and effect. Where have we seen drones used like this before? We haven’t. We will see more shotgun use, I think.
2-how many ruskies or ukes shoot shotguns recreationally? Do any of you remember how the US sniper program didn’t exist in WW1? And now look at us.
Get my point?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Goddamnit! Just give me a shotgun and send me in!

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

Carpe' Scrotum
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Goddamnit! Just give me a shotgun and send me in!

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

Been to the Middle East a couple times. No real desire to go there again, or Eastern Europe for that matter. I’m more worried about what happens here in the coming years. Of course, many of you posting won’t have to worry about that. You’re already near the end of your road.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (204guy, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 257 mag, 62 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,602
Posts18,492,280
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.