Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ridge_Runner
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Are you a Democrat?

"Why don't we ban people who don't agree with us?"

Seriously?

why do they not ban stick? If he has any knowledge, it is lost in the stupidity of the way he posts it!
really? yes really do you have any idea how many people with little firearm knowledge close the forum ending up dumber than they were when they logged on! HINT!

It is not the forum's job to protect the ignorant. And if someone can't learn from Stick (assuming they're a beginner/low experience to begin with) then they're likely going to struggle even if he was 100% Queen's English in his posts.

Me

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Sweetheart,

The 75 ELD M is absolutely the Performace ceiling,in said chambering(s),at 8" RPM. Not that I don't get a kick out of your Drooling Dumbfhuqktitude,as you TRY to talk about wares you've never even seen,let alone "shot". Hint.
No. The 80 shoots a little slower, but the wind difference between the 2 is so close to zero as to be irrelevant.

You should try real target shooting sometime instead of just busting Chevy-sized rocks.

Politics is War by Other Means
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I shoot 88 quite well out of a 22-250 chamber. with an eight twist don't know about the same twist in an arc. never tried it in a 5.56 with 80's or 88's I do shot a lot of 75's in such chambered I do have them twisted down to a 7

Last edited by ldholton; 02/10/24.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You want to ban people you don’t agree with you to protect the uninformed from themselves?

AOC, that you? Dr Fauci? Hillary? Hello? Hello??

Originally Posted by David_Walter
Are you a Democrat?

"Why don't we ban people who don't agree with us?"

Seriously?

why do they not ban stick? If he has any knowledge, it is lost in the stupidity of the way he posts it!
really? yes really do you have any idea how many people with little firearm knowledge close the forum ending up dumber than they were when they logged on! HINT!

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my simply shooting it all and then some,while Fhuqking Dreamers play along. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Luckily for you Crying Kchunts,Imagination and Pretend are free. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Come on, Fug Stick, show us your "numbers" that prove your point. I know, it's difficult to get numbers when your target is 200 MOA and your 1/4 MOA rifle shoots 4 MOA.

Politics is War by Other Means
V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
VELOCITY NUMBERS

Rifle 20" Saturn/Liberty Barreled AR15.

Hornady Factory 75 ELD-Match #81541 Lot# 3234519
Factory Advertised Velocity (24" Test Barrel) 3075 FPS

Test One
Shooting from indoors 65 Degree Building. Outdoor Conditions Blue Cold and Heavy Fog.

Three Rounds Fired: Average Velocity: 2949 FPS SD: 4.8 (I Believe, I pitched that note with SD Numbers)

Test Two
Shooting from indoors 65 Degree Building. Nice clear February day, app 50 degrees outdoors.

Five Round Fired: Average Velocity: 2964 FPS SD: 5.2

Test Three
My reloads:
Hornady 75 ELD-M Bullets
Hornady Once Fired Brass
Remington 7.5 BR Primers
Powder CFE 223
Charge: 30.2

Shooting from indoors 65 Degree Building. Nice clear February day app 50 degrees out doors.
Five Rounds Fired: Average Velocity: 2887 FPS SD: 7.6

This was the highest Velocity Load listed in the Hodgdon Load Data with a 75 grain bullet. It was listed pretty much duplicating the Factory Hornady 75 ELD-M Velocity of (3075 FPS with a 24" Barrel). Hodgdon listed 30.2 Grains of CFE 223 at (3074 FPS from a 24" Test Barrel). Apparently my lot of CFE 223 is slow. I have room in the case for more powder, so I am sure that I can wind it up a little more. NOTE: I will be staying below factory velocity's. I am getting swipe marks on pretty much all of my factory brass. The factory loads are loaded warm. The Primer pockets appear to me to be a little loose. Not trashed, but not snug either. I will check this a little closer shortly. I have 50 rounds of factory ammunition left. I plan to pull the Bullets on all of it, and reload it with loads light enough to not be getting swipe marks. This should give me a handle on if the factory loads are loosening up the primer pockets, or if the Hornady Primer Pockets are not real snug to start with. I would like to get several reloads out of these cases while I am waiting for Brass to show up on the shelf.

Hornady Factory 88 ELD-Match #81543 Lot# 3240011
Factory Advertised Velocity (24" Test Barrel) 2820 FPS

Test One
Five Rounds Fired: Average Velocity: 2700 FPS SD: 14.9 ( Actual Garman Velocity Numbers 2699.9)

So Far I have not came across any of the 62 ELD-VT Ammunition to test.
I do however have a box of the 62 ELD-VT Bullets to load. Two of my local dealers have gotten them in.

Which Load to use will depend on what the shooter is doing. I tend to agree with Big Stick, for what I do the 75 ELD-Match Bullet is a best choice. Run the Numbers and compare the results. Both the Drop and Wind numbers are good. However I have lots of the Berger 80 VLD's and Hornady 80 A Max bullets for my F-Class Bolt Gun in 223 Remington that I need to be using up. I do have a new box of 80 ELD-M bullets to work with also. I also need to test the new 62 ELD-VT Bullets.

My load development will probably be slowed down due to my Compass Lake 6.5 Grendel Barrel being delivered last week. One of the last ones out the door to the public. I will have it up and running this afternoon. I need to be loading for it also.

Bob R

Last edited by Viper225; 02/11/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon wares that exist. Hint.

Just sayin'.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
how does the 22 ARC stack up against the 22 BR in a bolt gun when running the same twist..

I'm looking at it a 22 ARC is basically a 22 PPC so it would fall just a bit short of the BR?

Last edited by ldholton; 02/11/24.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very much birds of a feather,performance wise. Hint.

ARC is an Improved PPC,which helps the cause. The ARC/Grendel plays nice in both Krunchenticker boltfaces,as well as their mag confines. Hint.

6 PPC/6 ARC. Hint.

Deviations of the Theme. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

263 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2500HD, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 160user, 30 invisible), 1,726 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,630
Posts18,492,987
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.