Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by geedubya
Have not watched any pro sports since the strikes in the 80's.

With the exception being, the Tour de France

ya!

GWB

Don’t tell me you are now extending a hand of friendship to Paul Barnard…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus55
These players today are total freaks, human God’s, I watch most developing in college, but what they develop into in the professional’s is off the charts the last 4 or 5 years. I didn’t watch any pro ball during the taking a knee and kneegrow BS, but when you see LB running 4.4 and knocking balls down from wide outs , and DE running 4.5 and weighing 300 pounds and not a once of fat, football has changed a lot in a few years and I am amazed at these young guys, it’s crazy when a 270 guy hurdle a DB standing up. The game and the humans are getting ready to take off, and this old man is going to watch it blossom !

OK, you've convinced us. whistle

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I had a great time watching the Super Bowl with my hunting buddies. Great food too.

Looking forward to the NFL playoffs next year.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Wait. Tardqueen didn't vote for Trump but wants to castigate the 120 million who watched a ball game?

Lol

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The NFL is supporting the sexualizing of children and the fact children can be taken from parents and have their genitals removed

That's pretty cool

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Riverc
Not just the NFL how about the NBA & MLB too.

You forgot NHL!

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Honest question-

Stuff is fun to discuss and debate but has anyone's mind ever changed in these threads?

Same as those athiest vs thumper threads.

Beans vs no beans

270 vs 06

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Wait. Tardqueen didn't vote for Trump but wants to castigate the 120 million who watched a ball game?

Lol

If he would get an invite to a superbowl party he would go. Since he got snubbed, he’s bitter.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
They should change their name to the National Negro Lovers.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yeah, the NFL and the Super Bowl are just all about football. They'd never try to leverage their economic impact outside of football. Pass the chips and dip.

Greg Abbott blasts NFL for wading into "bathroom bill" debate - texastribune.org

Said Abbott on Tuesday: “For some low-level NFL adviser to come out and say that they are going to micromanage and try to dictate to the state of Texas what types of policies we’re going to pass in our state, that’s unacceptable.

“We don’t care what the NFL thinks and certainly what their political policies are because they are not a political arm of the state of Texas or the United States of America. They need to learn their place in the United States, which is to govern football, not politics.”

NBA joins NFL to warn Texas over transgender bathroom bill - dallasnews.com

NBA and NFL turn up heat on North Carolina over transgender bathrooms - lifesitenews.com

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Oh suck a donkey dick, I played along time, there is no race or politics on the field, you just try to take the other guy’s head off before he breaks your neck, vileness is all there is!!!

Thats why the NFL had "End racism" in big letter in both end zones clueless covtard boomer and NFL players kneeled for the white national anthem and all had BLM terroist stickers on their helmets

now stand up and pledge allegiance to Obama and Cumala, maxine waters AOC

That explains a lot!!! I couldn’t understand a word that those black chicks were singing, So THAT was the black national anthem????

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by KillerBee

You forgot NHL!

LOL, apples and oranges.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
kneeling during the national anthem,

Kneeling during the NA hasn't been a thing in years. It wasn't a big thing when it was a thing.

And on top of that no players stood for the NA for at least the 1st 75 years of the NFL. I played 10 years at various levels and coached HS ball for 30. Never stood for the NA until the last 10-12 years of my coaching career.

Prior to 9/11 players and coaches stayed in the locker rooms until AFTER the NA was played. If it were played at all and it often wasn't. After 9/11 the military PAYS the NFL to do the pregame show. It is done as a recruiting commercial. The military requested players be on the field for the show.

Today we have too many who think they have to wrap themselves in the flag and tell everyone how patriotic they are. If you have to do that, you don't understand what it means to be patriotic.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to be part of the problem, culture wars and dumb.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Is the NFL putting terrrorist stickers on players' helmets patriotic?

Originally Posted by JMR40
kneeling during the national anthem,

Kneeling during the NA hasn't been a thing in years. It wasn't a big thing when it was a thing.

And on top of that no players stood for the NA for at least the 1st 75 years of the NFL. I played 10 years at various levels and coached HS ball for 30. Never stood for the NA until the last 10-12 years of my coaching career.

Prior to 9/11 players and coaches stayed in the locker rooms until AFTER the NA was played. If it were played at all and it often wasn't. After 9/11 the military PAYS the NFL to do the pregame show. It is done as a recruiting commercial. The military requested players be on the field for the show.

Today we have too many who think they have to wrap themselves in the flag and tell everyone how patriotic they are. If you have to do that, you don't understand what it means to be patriotic.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I watched the last quarter and overtime but I have no idea if they are still taking a knee during our national anthem? I assume the black anthem was played?

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yup.
But those that do will find a ton of justification for watching and supporting the NFL with all the evil they give support to ----and say it's not their fault at all.

First they must lie to themselves and make themselves believe they are inconsequential and so it "doesn't matter". And then they will go hell-bent to convince anyone else that points out the truth of it to them that those truth-tellers are wrong, stupid or divicine.

When you have no basis for argument, abuse and insult your opponent
(Plato)

But the pure truth is quite simple.

If you pay for it you DO support it.
If you DO support it it's partly your fault!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I can’t see supporting a product that I don’t need and goes all in on undermining my values.

Agreed. The left has been very effective using economic blackmail as a means of influence and control. The right must do the same - every day of the week. The Bud Light boycott and Target boycott seem to have been effective; hopefully, this put the fear of $$ into corporations.

Not that my actions have impacted Exxon, but the only time I have purchased their gas since the Exxon-Valdez oil spill was when my car ran out of gas in front of an Exxon station and I pushed my car in.

Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Honest question-

Stuff is fun to discuss and debate but has anyone's mind ever changed in these threads?

A point I remember from a sermon: no one wins an argument; one person just stops responding.

The only sport I watch with even the slightest degree of regularity is MLB - in case you haven’t heard, my Rangers won the WS. And they are the only MLB team without a gay pride night. That said, it is difficult to watch because of the Diamond Sports / Bally Sports bankruptcy fiasco. But I digress …

I refuse to even click on any online story about the Suoer Bowl. I certainly don’t GAS about a horse-faced pop singer.

The NBA and NFL are disgusting because of their players showboating, the stupidity that flows out of their mouths, and their off-the-field actions. Plus the caliber of play in the NBA is pathetic compared to the glory years of the Lakers and Celtics (Magic, Kareem, Bird). But I must admit that my decision to ignore these sports is made easier because my local teams are the champion-of-the-mediocre Wowboys and the Mark-Cuban-owned [bleep] Mavericks.

I feel better now. Thank you for the opportunity to vent.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bluffview
Originally Posted by smokepole
Did I miss the boon anthem, I keep waiting so I can have a cussing fit, did I not see it ? I didn’t watch any halftime.

They did not play or refer to any "black national anthem," but they did have a rendition of America the Beautiful and the National Anthem, during which no players kneeled.

And anyone who wants to tell ne what I should/should not watch on my TV in my house can kiss my ass.

A true conservative would not give a shìt.

This. Don't know the black anthem thing came from but I've yet to see or hear. Post Malone, a rapper complete w/face tats performed an awesome acoustic version of America the Beautiful. Oh and the kneeling thing went out the window pre covid.
Kneeling thing. Not from pics I saw today. And read that some players were disciplined by a coach for kneeling... nope. KMRRA

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by KillerBee

You forgot NHL!

LOL, apples and oranges.

I know 5% of NFL players are gay.

100% of NHL players are gay.

grin

Last edited by KillerBee; 02/12/24.

KB

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,488 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,203
Posts18,485,255
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.