Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I have not killed a squirrel in many years. With that said I have wanted to kill many, every time they sound their annoying ALERT, to every animal when I am bear, elk, moose, or deer hunting.

If I were to translate their Alert they are screaming: Hey Azzhole I see you, watch out everyone, Elmer Fudd is in the woods and he wants to kill you, run for it!!!!! Rotten Bastirds!

They are fortunate around me because I do not want to blow what is left of my cover after they scream their GUTS OUT lol

I gut shot one with my 257 Roberts a few years ago. Bet it doesn't pull that crap again.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by KillerBee
I have not killed a squirrel in many years. With that said I have wanted to kill many, every time they sound their annoying ALERT, to every animal when I am bear, elk, moose, or deer hunting.

If I were to translate their Alert they are screaming: Hey Azzhole I see you, watch out everyone, Elmer Fudd is in the woods and he wants to kill you, run for it!!!!! Rotten Bastirds!

They are fortunate around me because I do not want to blow what is left of my cover after they scream their GUTS OUT lol

I gut shot one with my 257 Roberts a few years ago. Bet it doesn't pull that crap again.

Interesting rife, anything left of the squirrel? lol

KB

jar Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My uncle and I got to know a bunch of outa state squirrel hunters from arkansas years back. they had a contract with an outfit that bought every tail and skin off of them for 5 bucks each and they also were providing the meat to 3 or 4 mom and pop resturaunts in arkansas. they would not tell us how much the meat brought but I know that they gave my uncle a remington 1100lt 20 ga for letting them set up a camp on his place. there was 7 or 8 and had more coming and going through out the whole summer. I ended up with the 1100. still have it.

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MOGC
I don't know their ethnicity. Hmong, ya think? They have a reputation as poachers.

I know this is an old thread, but you have no idea unless you have lived there...... they don't have a clue what the word limit means. On the other end, they come from a place that 'against the law' only meant, don't get caught. Otherwise it is open season on anything and everything.

Up at Orrock, I've been in a grove of trees laying on the ground and looking up at the tree branches just waiting for squirrels to come out. If they don't see movement, they think they are safe. Some Hmong were walking by on the dirt road, and I gather I made some noise, and I can hear them yakking in that pig Latin of theirs. Then they just started firing into the grove I was in... thank God I was lying on the ground on my back. If I would have been standing, I probably would have been hit.

Without ever getting up, I shot my full magazine out of the old Remington 870 12 ga, at about 45 degrees over their heads.
They started yelling in my direction, which I guess as Laotian for don't shoot. When I got up after reloading, I aimed the shot gun in their direction and yelled hands up, and drop you weapons. They evidently understood, because they did so.

I proceeded toward them, and kept the shotgun ready to go if I had to. Of course I didn't. I had then give me their weapons to make sure they didn't reload. I had then walk down the road, to the parking lot and old them to drop their shotguns and back away. Kept mine on them.

There was a deep ditch there, with about 5 feet of water in it. I tossed each shotgun into it, and told them to back away.
I got in my truck and left, it was after 5 Pm and the sun was dropping.

I don't trust the little fuggers. Those clowns both emptied their shotguns in my direction and were just shooting in the direction of the noise... nothing else.... I really don't think they even cared what they were shooting at.

If ever Hmong were around, I left the area immediately. 50 to 75 miles outside of the Twin Cities, they were all over the place. Its like they thought laws didn't apply to them... because liberals in Minnesota acted that way, always making excuses at them. The cops take them to court and the judges always let them go and then chewed out the cops for bringing them in, in the first place.

I miss Minnesota, but I sure don't miss the DFL and their minions statewide.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12savage, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,936
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.