Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
wbyfan1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Well, just received a positive result on a Covid test. Ughh!! My Dr prescribed Paxlovid, but after reading over some of the side affects…Diarrhea, increased blood pressure, nausea, abdominal pain, aches, loss of taste etc.. I’m not too sure I want to take it. Sounds worse than Covid symptoms!! Any of you CF members taken Paxlovid? If so, was it effective and what, if any side effects did you experience?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't take none of that stuff man do yourself a favor no telling what you putting in your body taking that.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Yep, it worked, taste sucks !

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
No.

If you dont have a bunch of comorbidities then Covid isnt much more than a cold at this point.

Dose up on D, but it's a 20 day delay before it converts and builds up enough in your blood.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Riverc
Don't take none of that stuff man do yourself a favor no telling what you putting in your body taking that.

^ This.

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have several heart related issues and take a few heart meds. My cardiologist advised me (rather strongly, I might add) not to take that stuff when I had Covid a month or so ago.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I personally wouldnt take it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Angus55
Yep, it worked,

What is the criteria for paxlovid to "work"? What does "working" mean?

I got covid. took a mix of some stuff. I recovered in a couple days with no hospitalization and little more than a fever and headache at night. Did my personal little cocktail "work?"

I got it again. Didnt even know I had it really. Sniffles. Drank bourbon that whole weekend. Felt pretty damned OK.

I got it again. Did nothing this time. 3 days and some night aches and sweats and its gone.
Did doing nothing "work" too?

Last edited by Crockettnj; 02/13/24. Reason: stuff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wbyfan1
Well, just received a positive result on a Covid test. Ughh!! My Dr prescribed Paxlovid, but after reading over some of the side affects…Diarrhea, increased blood pressure, nausea, abdominal pain, aches, loss of taste etc.. I’m not too sure I want to take it. Sounds worse than Covid symptoms!! Any of you CF members taken Paxlovid? If so, was it effective and what, if any side effects did you experience?
Another thing don't take anymore Covid Test they useless.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Paxlovid is made by Pfizer.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My doctor prescribed it, wife and mil both had Covid, mil lives with us, I have heart problems also and he gave it to me, I had fever and chills that night, first night I took Paxlovid at 9 pm, fever broke at 1 am, felt much better, I didn’t know about side effects, didn’t get any that I know of, third time with Covid, cows to feed, no time to be sick.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Find a new doctor, a real doctor,

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Yes have taken it. Cut logs, make lumber, firewood. Has not slowed me down yet. Side effects non that I know of. Does not taste good al all.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My 86yo father took it after a + covid test and mild symptoms 1 1/2 years ago mostly because of his age. His covid symptoms never got worse than those of a common cold with a few aches, malaise, sniffles and a mild cough for another 2 or 3 days. Within 48 hours of starting the med, he was hallucinating and confused for almost 10 days... reliving things from 40 and 50 years earlier. Amazing the number of people he "never had sex with" ie. old 50yo. dental assistants, even the current CNA who was assisting him with showers at the time, etc!!! We chuckled(CNA included!) but he was hard to deal with to say the least and he has no recall of any of this... thinks we are "BS"ing him still! His "friend" was afraid to take the med and she had a MUCH worse case of covid symptoms over the same time frame (no hallucinations though!) Pick your poison...

From my understanding, Paxlovid is a combination of three drugs, "antivirals" currently used for treating HIV and Hepatitis C, with the third "component" being relatively new and experimental to a degree.

IMO, consider your "risks" before making your final decision.

Will add that he reacted similarly a couple of months later after a single "steroid" injection for arthritic knee pain that was bothering him. That lasted one week but not nearly as bad. Still, no more knee injections! My father's internist still is convinced that his Paxlovid response was more about the covid than the drug. I disagree and I did sleep in a Holiday Express!!! Aging is a real phenomena.

Last edited by lundtroller; 02/13/24. Reason: Addition
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Had covid, very very bad sore throat. went to doc-in-a-box. got perscription for paxlovid

side effects. covid, nausea, vomiting ----- NFW

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ironbender
Paxlovid is made by Pfizer.

So is penicillin.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I had covid and took it, not one problem with it, but it does not taste very good.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I taken it with no issues. Felt 100% normal after the 2nd day of the 5 day dose.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I used it last year when I had Covid. It's nasty but it got me back to normal in a week.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by Angus55
Yep, it worked,

What is the criteria for paxlovid to "work"? What does "working" mean?

I got covid. took a mix of some stuff. I recovered in a couple days with no hospitalization and little more than a fever and headache at night. Did my personal little cocktail "work?"

I got it again. Didnt even know I had it really. Sniffles. Drank bourbon that whole weekend. Felt pretty damned OK.

I got it again. Did nothing this time. 3 days and some night aches and sweats and its gone.
Did doing nothing "work" too?

Yes. It works fine too.

I am MAGA.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 18 invisible), 1,601 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,334
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.