Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by JMR40
That's almost $800 with the exchange rate. Russians spend about 60% of their income on groceries.

Nope, In case you were wondering: Russians spend 38% of their income on food and drinks, compared to 8% in the US.

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
12.4% of Americans now live in poverty according to new 2022 data from the U.S. census, an increase from 7.4% in 2021. Child poverty also more than doubled last year to 12.4% from 5.2% the year before.Oct 4, 2023

Share of population under the poverty line in Russia quarterly 2021-2023. In the second quarter of 2023, around 11 percent of the resident population of Russia lived under the poverty line.Nov 1, 2023

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The US of A has a bunch of freeloaders, bums and deadbeats that US taxpayers for world wide. After being in Macon (filthy) for health care and shopping yesterday Moscow (clean) looks good to me. I told my wife the blacks have ruined our big cities and we the people have let them.

Life is good live it while you can.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Clarkm
[Linked Image from e74sq7k37a8.exactdn.com]

This was topic was probably chosen because of the steep rise in grocery prices in the USA.

my experience says that number is way too low

To buy $100 from 2014 would probably be closer to $200 by my count now
Yeah, I would say at least 150. What happened in 2020 that caused this huge increase? And what kept it flat from 2016 to 2020?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by RHOD
Russia gets 43% of its government revenue a mineral extraction tax, that includes oil, gas, gold etc. I've been say for years that we are subsidizing big industry forever by not charging them enough for extracting those things from public lands.

???
I have zero clue what percentage of overall US federal revenue comes from mineral royalties, but I believe the feds get roughly 16-18% of O&G royalties from extraction of federal leases, depending on particulars.....where the state that the federal leases are located in gets an additional 50%.
Maybe I am not reading you right, but your point isn't making sense to me...

His point, I believe, is that about a third of all federal revenue of the Russian Federation (13.5 trillion, about a third of the proposed 2024 budget) comes from excise taxes on mining and oil and gas extraction.

As far as the “poverty level” % mentioned above: please provide the definition of “poverty level” used in both countries. Fun with numbers, I’m a fan.

For perspective, the total economy of the Russian Federation is roughly the same as Italy, but Russia has 147 million inhabitants vs 59 million in Italy. And Italy isn’t what I would call “prosperous”. So Russia is less than half of “not very prosperous”.

Of course that is off-set by the free and open political environment where everyone enjoys freedom of expression.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

This was topic was probably chosen because of the steep rise in grocery prices in the USA.

that graph is everybit as much bullchit as the map showing wild feral hogs in certain counties in nevada and utah that we saw in another thread.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Partsman
12.4% of Americans now live in poverty according to new 2022 data from the U.S. census, an increase from 7.4% in 2021. Child poverty also more than doubled last year to 12.4% from 5.2% the year before.Oct 4, 2023

Share of population under the poverty line in Russia quarterly 2021-2023. In the second quarter of 2023, around 11 percent of the resident population of Russia lived under the poverty line.Nov 1, 2023

Does poverty look the same in both places? Poor people in 21st century America still have a standard of living that few of their ancestors could match.

As others have stated, the differences in income between America and Russia more than offset the difference he notes at the grocery counter. This is a rather stupid video from Tucker. Kind of a shame, since he’s usually pretty spot on.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

that graph is everybit as much bullchit as the map showing wild feral hogs in certain counties in nevada and utah that we saw in another thread.

One of my pet peeves is how graphs are used to exaggerate a point. Easy to do if you manipulate the scale.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Food cost has gone up closer to 33% on a lot of items since 2020.The cost of food hurts the poorest people the most and they end up buying the cheapest crap food because that's all they can afford.Meanwhile our government that operates off of the American taxpayer dollars seems to have no problem bankrupting this country by adding trillions of dollars to our debt.I heard it was six trillion added in the last three years.It's just a matter of time before we have a total collapse in our economy.Here is Tucker picking up an order at Mc D's.
https://x.com/WallStreetSilv/status/1758475552401293572?t=v4lH_lMAnq4d8I6UtrQIpw&s=07

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by RHOD
Russia gets 43% of its government revenue a mineral extraction tax, that includes oil, gas, gold etc. I've been say for years that we are subsidizing big industry forever by not charging them enough for extracting those things from public lands.

???
I have zero clue what percentage of overall US federal revenue comes from mineral royalties, but I believe the feds get roughly 16-18% of O&G royalties from extraction of federal leases, depending on particulars.....where the state that the federal leases are located in gets an additional 50%.
Maybe I am not reading you right, but your point isn't making sense to me...

His point, I believe, is that about a third of all federal revenue of the Russian Federation (13.5 trillion, about a third of the proposed 2024 budget) comes from excise taxes on mining and oil and gas extraction.

Understood, but I was referring to this part of his post: “I've been say for years that we are subsidizing big industry forever by not charging them enough for extracting those things from public lands.”.

I am wondering why he thinks the US is not charging enough royalties on minerals extracted from Federal leases. Oil and Gas, specifically as state and fed combined, there is roughly a 66-68% royalty requirement.
I am not familiar with other minerals such as gold, gravel, coal, etc. It isn’t right, wrong, or indifferent, I am just curious as to his rational as to why it is too low.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WMR
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

One of my pet peeves is how graphs are used to exaggerate a point. Easy to do if you manipulate the scale.

Yes, that graph is a mess, intentionally.

I have no idea what my family's grocery costs are but for most everything I do buy that graph understates actual inflation. It is based on the manipulated CPI-U numbers and I think Shadowstats' numbers are more accurate:

https://www.halfhill.com/inflation_js.html

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1OntarioJim, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 66 invisible), 2,491 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,912
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.