Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by swiftshot
I think I'll get out to the range next week.It's been a long time.

Sometimes going to the range is good for the soul and mind. Enjoy your time there!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
If it was mine I would pillar and bed it. But that's me. Lol

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by K22

Thanks K22. I'll take that into consideration. I also think it would have to be freefloated, to attain its best accuracy/precision. First Sako I've owned though.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only shooting I'm doing these days is trying to figure out why m latest build isn't ejecting. fire a few rounds and take it home and make a few modifications and go out and trying again.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Hell, I just got back from my third trip this week, although one of those involved me going a bit early on my 5-Stand day and putting some downrange before shooting the clays.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by K22

Thanks K22. I'll take that into consideration. I also think it would have to be freefloated, to attain its best accuracy/precision. First Sako I've owned though.

Yes, I would free float it also. I forgot you said it was touching in the forend.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I've been consistently at the range at least once every weekend since December. This last weekend was the coldest at 4 degrees. Later in the session had some failure to fires and ejects.

It's good to lead - it's better to lead by example.
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Shot some Midas + from my T1x yesterday as bad as I hated to. Wind was heavier than I wanted for testing at 7-15mph but I still shot a 230 on the usbr. A friend came down later and shot Midas in his T1x after the wind died down and shot a 236 on the usbr. As bad as I hate to I’m probably going to buy a brick for our local matches. Any miss I had was a piss poor wind call on my part.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S

Sometimes going to the range is good for the soul and mind. Enjoy your time there!!!
Thanks.Good point.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

Yes, I would free float it also. I forgot you said it was touching in the forend.

Thanks buddy. That's exactly what I did. Got some bedding under the chamber area too.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Started out with no bedding under the chamber, and it only marginally made a difference. Freefloating the barrel made it much more consistent, as the barrel heats up too.

Damn these things are so mechanical. Just got to figure them out.

Not a rimfire of course (sorry guys), but after putting 3 shots on the steel yote at 400 yards, I then went to the head and fired 5 more.

I wouldn't take this one to a match, but it will work great for deer and yotes, and the unsuspecting jackrabbit and ground squirrel.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Shot some Midas + from my T1x yesterday as bad as I hated to. Wind was heavier than I wanted for testing at 7-15mph but I still shot a 230 on the usbr. A friend came down later and shot Midas in his T1x after the wind died down and shot a 236 on the usbr. As bad as I hate to I’m probably going to buy a brick for our local matches. Any miss I had was a piss poor wind call on my part.

Gotta watch that wind buddy. Sometimes/a lot of times it boils down to you steering that bullet to where you want it to go. I know that pizzes some guys off, as they don't get it when I say I wish I could find a rifle that can outshoot me. Sometimes you have to manipulate the bastids!!! That is something the rifle can never do.

That midas plus ammo is expensive, but if your rifle loves it, it may be worth buying it for your shoots. Sounds like you are doing well buddy!!!

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This is our best time of the year for shooting.

I have been shooting nutria in the LA Nutria Control Program. Sold 423 tails today, they were taken on 6 different days. I use a left hand Savage MK II in 22 Long Rifle. I skin some for the meat.

Thinking about maybe shooting some CMP Rimfire Sporter matches with the same rifle, started practicing a little offhand. Not the right target, but it would have been a 98 on the correct target which should be competitive.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Mike70560; 02/20/24.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Couple weeks ago in the teens
Sunday it was 22deg

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mike70560
This is our best time of the year for shooting.

I have been shooting nutria in the LA Nutria Control Program. Sold 423 tails today, they were taken on 6 different days. I use a left hand Savage MK II in 22 Long Rifle. I skin some for the meat.

Thinking about maybe shooting some CMP Rimfire Sporter matches with the same rifle, started practicing a little offhand. Not the right target, but it would have been a 98 on the correct target which should be competitive.

How much are you getting for the tails?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
$6.00 per tail.

I found out today somebody is buying fur this year at $3.00 for a large nutria, just skinned, not fleshed or dried.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Hell, I just got back from my third trip this week, although one of those involved me going a bit early on my 5-Stand day and putting some downrange before shooting the clays.

Pappy after that order of business you ever get the urge to use the 22 on 5 stand ?
Mb

Well done Mike 70560. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Pappy after that order of business you ever get the urge to use the 22 on 5 stand ?
Mb

Well done Mike 70560. Mb

No, but I sometimes joke about using my little LCP II, to make it more challenging (as if THAT was necessary!)

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mike70560
$6.00 per tail.

I found out today somebody is buying fur this year at $3.00 for a large nutria, just skinned, not fleshed or dried.

So, $9.00 a rat if you are willing to go to the trouble of skinning them? Oughta pay for gas anyway…. Good eating I’m told.

No equivalent here. Used to shoot a lot of starlings long ago and far away, but it was all on our dime, and we sure as Hell didn’t eat them😱

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S

First target on top is 35yds offhand with my Lott and reduced load and cast.
Second is 35yds offhand with some fellows 375 win.
Third is 22lr offhand at 40yds
Fourth is 308win reduced loads with cast 40yds offhand.(this rifle has many rounds through it and is not very accurate.
I shot these this afternoon.

Last edited by swiftshot; 02/21/24.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Been staying busy, coyote hunting weekends with good success:
Great group of dogs!
Otherwise doing some shooting weather permitting. Been a very mild winter here so far.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12savage, 1lessdog, 1936M71, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,541 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,679
Posts18,474,936
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.