-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rocky, are you using a VPN? It's what I thought might be going on as the article opened for a second then the pop up to allow ads.

I was shocked at the number shown on the blocker icon. Most pages I go to have less than 5 blocks at any given time.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Nope, just the Brave browser with uBlock Origin. On Linux Mint, of course.

Saw the story of Citizen Free Press and clicked on the link there. It's possible that CFP has an account with the Daily Mail that cancels any blocking. If so, people can simply go to CFP and find the headline there. CFP

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could access it with Firefox and adblocker+

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Likely instruments are down to parts per trillion now. One will probably find similar chemicals in the Holy Grail if one can shake it out.

Lots of herbicides do things like blocking the Hill reaction in weeds. Such is not a process in our bodies, so we can drink the stuff with no effects.

As to:
Bring back the great cereals of our youth!

Cheerios have been around since about 1941. Just how far back does one's youth go here? Probably some DDT in the early boxes. I breakfasted on those throughout my formative years and had no problem generating children

Also, Mother Nature has been handing out all kinds of toxins and chemical defenses for millennia. A single bite from some of her products and one will need a new liver if he lives at all. I once took a feeds toxicology class that could have gone on for 3 more quarters. There are poisons damned near everywhere. Be especially careful if one has a few house plants around.

Same for a parasitology class. Those two courses probably caused a few classmates to remain indoors for the rest of their lives.

Last: We seem to be weathering the storm as we're living much longer than our parents or grandparents. I'm just going to deal with it, and I might open that box of Cheerios that's sitting on the pantry shelf tomorrow morning.

Hopefully the sky will not fall.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/16/24.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by Dutch
Illegal in the US, but still legal to import foods with detectable residues?

Why?
Money buys off the politicians who allow this chit to happen. They say they can flush the chemicals out of certain fruits and it they still work as a very good pesticide. This is the crap many people consume and feed their children. So many reasons to despise what this country has become
was just going to reply "for the same reason we can't get Country of Origin labeling on every item sold"

I'm not sure, are we getting labeling that states our fruit and veggies are covered with "Appeel"? If I'm going to eat it, I'd like to know the ingredients, and if it isn't washed off completely and it's consumed with the food..................in my mind it has now become an ingredient and subject to the same labeling laws as others.

Was going to read the article, but it asked me to whitelist it. I was actually thinking about it, then looked at the little blocker icon and saw it was blocking 216 items. So no, unless someone copies and pastes it here, I'll pass.

Re: Cheerios, I'm on the last of the last box at the house. Usually would buy the 2 big box deal from Costco for quick breakfasts. I mix raisins and Craisins 50/50 in a big jar to have on hand for snacks and adding to bread and such. Will put a handful in the bowl with the cereal, add a couple of tablespoons of whole milk yogurt with no additives, and a little milk. After looking at the ingredients more closely the other day, and seeing sugar comes after oats and corn starch I decided I may just stick with my steel cut oats when I don't want a big breakfast. Or maybe go back to Shredded Wheat.........the kind with one ingredient............WHEAT

Grape Nuts do not taste anything at like like any wild hickory nut I've ever had.
I do like steel cut oats. I always buy the organic local version. Probably still has something on it, but its the best that I can do. I stay clear of any fruits and veges that arent organic or that dont have any kind of skin that I can remove

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
Likely instruments are down to parts per trillion now. One will probably find similar chemicals in the Holy Grail if one can shake it out. .

Valid point. A guy worked out the statistics, and the odds are just about 100% that the air in your lungs right now has a couple of molecules of Caesar’s last breath…..

You’re also not wrong that there are lots of other toxins and poisons in the world around us.

That doesn’t excuse the presence of toxins in our food from overseas that are prohibited from use in the US. No matter how minute. I’ve been in that situation as a producer before, where we were not allowed to use an ingredient in our feed, but we could import animals who had been fed that ingredient. It’s akin to moving our chemical industry to China through regulation. It just moves the problem elsewhere. If “they” want to ban it, fine, ban it, but ban it for everybody.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
After Agent Orange, I don't worry much about what's in my Cheerios.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, on agent Orange. Probably got sprayed weekly during my Da Nang deployments.

My workplace had a truckload on site when it was banned. We put out the word (all you want for free) to all the Extension Agents about the state (excellent sagebrush herbicide), and it was gone within two days. I brought about 3 gallons home, as it was the absolute best dandelion killer ever made. One could see dandelion reactions before finishing the yard and I got about 15 yrs out of that supply. Been out for years now but still use the less effective 2,4,D. Good ole 2,4,5-Trichlorophenoxyacetic acid. That extra chlorine molecule made all the difference.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/16/24.

1Minute
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 222Sako, 63 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,136
Posts18,483,995
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.