Print Thread
Hop To
C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I will be in the city on business and will have a day to kill. Any shops worth visiting?

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The twin cities are Democrat hejj holes I believe.

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
Ahlmans gun repair. Morristown, Mn. Maybe an hour south of the city. I 35 south take a right. I haven’t been there in close to 20 years, but they had inventory. Shooting ranges all over there property. Had a big shindig once or twice a year, several hundred shooters on site.

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
I have no idea what it is like now. Very unique place.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ahlman's if you want to take a drive in the country, otherwise Scheel's in Eden Prairie. If you're north of town, Sportsman's Warehouse isn't bad plus there is a Total Wine right next store open seven days a week if you're thirsty for an alcoholic beverage. And of course there is the shadow of the former Cabelas out west in Rodgers.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TwoTall
Ahlmans gun repair. Morristown, Mn. Maybe an hour south of the city. I 35 south take a right. I haven’t been there in close to 20 years, but they had inventory. Shooting ranges all over there property. Had a big shindig once or twice a year, several hundred shooters on site.

https://www.ahlmans.com/

-Bob F.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by walt501
Ahlman's if you want to take a drive in the country, otherwise Scheel's in Eden Prairie. If you're north of town, Sportsman's Warehouse isn't bad plus there is a Total Wine right next store open seven days a week if you're thirsty for an alcoholic beverage. And of course there is the shadow of the former Cabelas out west in Rodgers.

https://www.scheels.com/store?StoreID=098

-Bob F.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok I was at Ahlman's last Summer but didn't go in. I think it was a Sunday afternoon and my brother had a key to the gun range.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scotty
Ok I was at Ahlman's last Summer but didn't go in. I think it was a Sunday afternoon and my brother had a key to the gun range.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You couldn't get me to go to Minneapolis even if they were giving rifles away for free.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
394 just west of Minneapolis maybe 5 miles from Minneapolis proper is the Frontiersman. Exit Louisiana and cross back left over the freeway then left again on the service road.
You can find an interesting deal in there at times.
Joes sporting goods, just north and east of Minneapolis on Hwy36 has a good used selection at times.
Ahlmans as stated out south of Minneapolis boasted 5000 guns or more. I think more.

Scheels there in EP has a nice new selection, petty proof the used stuff.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Check out The Gunstop in Minnetonka. Guns and reloading.

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by smike308
Check out The Gunstop in Minnetonka. Guns and reloading.

The GunStop is a very good gun and reloading store.
Ahlmans as mentioned above has huge inventory, and is an hour south.
Scheels in Eden Prairie, has lots of guns and some high end shotguns and rifles.

NRA Patron
C
cotis Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I went to Frontiersman today. It was enjoyable, they had a lot of used firearms which was exactly what I was interested in. There was a nice Remington 709 mountain rifle in 280. Had a J lock and detachable magazine. An older S&W model 36 that I couldn’t figure out. 3” barrel, it was the finish that confused me. Almost looked bead blasted. It was very matte, not like a typical bead blasted non-glare finish on the top of stainless S&W barrels. Behind the cylinder release were a couple of wear lines through the finish that were bright silver. $449. Two others that caught my eye, both tucked away in the back corner. One was a Marling 336 Trapper “youth” in 30-30. Short length of pull (maybe 12 to 12.5”), 16” barrel. Looked like the perfect woods or heavy brush gun. The other was a Stevens 1915 in .32 rimfire. Bore was surprisingly good. Rear stock was really nice, great pattern to wood. Splinter forearm was less so, and was loose on the barrel. But the screw was tight, the hanger off the barrel was loose although I didn’t take it apart to see how difficult the repair would be. The bottom tang looked like it had been brazed and ground flush from a repair. It was $350, I ultimately decided against it given the caliber and amount of work needed to get it home. I looked at one last week at home which was is much worse condition (horrible actually) for $600 which was ridiculous.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,474 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,189
Posts18,484,912
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.