Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
OP Offline
S
Hi there!

I`ve got the chance to buy a Kimber Classic stock in wood. Would it fit on my Montana 84m? Would the bottom metal on my 84m fit the Classic stock?

I would love so see my Kimber Montana in i nice wood stock.

Regards from Norway

HR IC

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Montana is blind magazine with a trigger guard.

Classic has a drop floorplate.

Unless you can find a drop floorplate it won't work (and most classics aren't stainless, so it likely wouldn't match w/o cerakote or something).

Otherwise, it will work if they're both short action.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
S
OP Offline
S
Ahh what a f@.. stupid question of me. Off course there is no bottom metal on 84m. Brain freeze.

The classic stock comes with the floor plate. So I guess I have to go with the black bottom metal and stainless action/barrel. Unless Kimber can offer floor plate in stainless? Can`t find anything on their page tough.

S
OP Offline
S
Ahh what a f@.. stupid question of me. Off course there is no bottom metal on 84m. Brain freeze.

The classic stock comes with the floor plate. So I guess I have to go with the black bottom metal and stainless action/barrel. Unless Kimber can offer floor plate in stainless? Can`t find anything on their page tough.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
People have experienced many issues getting parts from Kimber, but maybe you'll get lucky?

You could get the bottom metal cerakoted to be a near-match to the stainless.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
There seem to be more than a few two-toned custom rifles floating around. You could just play the mismatch off as intentional.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by sofawarrior

They did make the stainless classic that came with stainless bottom metal and grip cap. I have one in 243

It might be lonely at the top, but it's a bitch at the bottom.
S
OP Offline
S
I`m also in the loop for changing trigger. Looking at Triggertech. Their triggers for M84 is black, so if anything it matches the black bottom metal and trigger guard on the Classic stock.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Could sell the Montana stock and use the funds to cerakote all the metal to match too.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You forgot a Montana was blind mag?

IC B3

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
It may be easier and less money to sell the Montana, and just get a classic. Now, if your in love with that rifle, and I certainly understand that, looks like cerekote to a dark color to match the bottom metal. Either way, it sounds like fun! Best of luck to you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure the details on this, but it’s stainless in a classic stock. My buddies new fresh out of school engineer shot a coyote from their office window today.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by sofawarrior
I`m also in the loop for changing trigger. Looking at Triggertech. Their triggers for M84 is black, so if anything it matches the black bottom metal and trigger guard on the Classic stock.

I have a Triggertech on my 223 Montana. I am looking to get more.

Good luck with your search.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
You can try to email Kimber and see if they have the parts you want. They’ve helped me a couple of times over the years.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
There seem to be more than a few two-toned custom rifles floating around. You could just play the mismatch off as intentional.

I have a limited run 1 of 1000 6.5 Creedmoor that has a black coated action and floorplate with a stainless barrel in a wood stock. It's a nice little rifle and i like the way it looks but I haven't shot it yet. One of my kids should grow into it soon and then it will get out hunting.

Bb

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Wyo_wby
It may be easier and less money to sell the Montana, and just get a classic. Now, if your in love with that rifle, and I certainly understand that, looks like cerekote to a dark color to match the bottom metal. Either way, it sounds like fun! Best of luck to you.

Or you could cerekote some bottom metal to nearly match the stainless or just cerekote it all. I'd prefer.to have stainless so the bore is more corrosion resistant. I wonder if you nitrided the stainless barreled action how dark it would be.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 02/17/24.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (10Glocks, 35, BamBam, 10gaugemag, AnthonyB, bbassi, 8 invisible), 1,270 guests, and 933 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,748
Posts18,495,248
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.