Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Not long before we left the state there was an OD in the parking lot of the building my office was in. Not sure if he died.

Portland was once perpetually in the top five most livable cities. Now it's a schidthole.

https://www.oregonlive.com/data/202...ose-death-increase-in-us-since-2019.html

Oregon fentanyl deaths: the ‘staggering’ statistic for how we compare nationally

Yearly fentanyl overdose deaths in Oregon grew by an estimated 1,500% since before the pandemic, by far the largest increase in the United States, federal data show.

There were 77 known fentanyl overdose deaths in the state during the 12 months ending September 2019. Oregon deaths from the cheap, super-powerful opioid, mostly produced in China and Mexico and smuggled into the United States, ballooned to an estimated 1,268 during the 12 months ending September 2023, according to a federal analysis of the most recent available overdose-death data.

“That is a staggering statistic,” said Multnomah County Commissioner Sharon Meieran, who is also an emergency room doctor. “I knew it was bad, but I honestly did not know it was that bad.”

While the dramatic increase is at least in part due to Oregon recording so few deaths in 2019, the trend has been consistent: Oregon also recorded the highest percentage increase in fentanyl deaths from 2022 to 2023.

The precipitous rise means Oregon has shifted from a state with one of the lowest fentanyl death rates in America to one that’s now near the middle of the pack nationally — with no indication deaths will subside anytime soon. Oregon had the nation’s 17th-highest death rate last year, with 30 fentanyl overdose fatalities for every 100,000 people, up from ranking 36th out of the 39 states, including Washington, D.C., that reported fentanyl overdose deaths in 2019.

Illicit fentanyl has swept the country over the past decade, hitting East Coast locales earlier than Oregon but leaving few communities unaffected. It takes a very small dose of the chemical to get a person high, and a relatively small dose to kill. Some drug users seek out fentanyl deliberately, while others encounter it unknowingly mixed in with heroin or non-opioid substances like methamphetamine.

Fentanyl now accounts for the largest portion of overdose deaths from any drug in Oregon.

The carnage fentanyl has wrought in Oregon has prompted hand-wringing and political promises to take measures to tackle the crisis. Local and state officials came together last month to declare a 90-day fentanyl emergency in central Portland, intended to help cut through bureaucratic barriers to get people the help they need.

U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data shows exactly what they and other Oregon officials are up against.

Washington, D.C., and each of the 38 states that reported fentanyl deaths both in 2019 and last year saw such deaths climb, including 29 states where they doubled or more. The CDC calculated “predicted” death numbers to accommodate a lag in data reporting in some states, including in Oregon.

Oklahoma followed Oregon for the largest percentage increase from 2019 to 2023, with an estimated 717 deaths last year compared to 67 five years ago. Washington state was fourth, with deaths climbing nearly nine-fold in five years, to an estimated 2,653. On the other end of the spectrum, East Coast states, where the crisis started in the United States, had some of the lowest increases. New Jersey’s increase was the lowest, with fentanyl overdose deaths climbing 8% last year, to an estimated 2,377.

Oregon’s increase of about 1,530% tops the charts going away.

“Such a dramatic increase demonstrates that we are in crisis,” said Mike Marshall, director of Oregon Recovers, an advocacy group. “And a crisis requires a response.”

But while Oregon’s fentanyl death increase has been dramatic, state health officials point out that Oregon’s overall rate remains relatively in line compared to much of the country.

While the 10 states with the highest increases were all west of the Mississippi River, all but one of the 10 states with the highest death rates last year were east of it. Washington state, with 34 fentanyl overdose deaths per 100,000 people, was the exception. Washington, D.C., and West Virginia placed first and second both in 2019 and last year, now with 70 or more deaths for every 100,000 people.

Dr. Tom Jeanne, an Oregon Health Authority epidemiologist, said fentanyl hit eastern states several years earlier than western states because fentanyl, which usually comes in powder form, was easier to mix with the powder heroin common in the eastern United States. The heroin available on the West Coast, “black tar,” was harder to mix with fentanyl and far less potent, Jeanne said.

The “sudden and late” arrival of fentanyl in Oregon was exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic, he said, which increased isolation and dramatically reduced access to treatment.

Measure 110, the law intended to improve access to treatment at least in part by decriminalizing drug possession, has been widely criticized as a failure. But treatment options are available for people who want to quit fentanyl.

It’s unclear when or if fentanyl overdose deaths will level out in Oregon, Jeanne said.

“The increase is likely to keep going,” Jeanne said. “I can’t predict how soon it’ll start to slow down.”

Carpe' Scrotum

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Lies. If you decriminalize hard drug sales, use and possession everything gets better not worse. Liberals aren’t stupid, duh.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Bet all the dead ones voted for Biden

Hang on tight !
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Did you Oregon types get rid of your vagrancy laws?

It was just a matter of time.

Mental health apocalypse mixed with easy access to hard drugs with a splash of pro homelessness laws....and viola!

That's a spicy feces coverd meatball.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I come form a addictive blood line alcohol ,hard drugs good family but.Best thing that happened to me was mandatory drug testing at work starting in the 1980s knew I would lose my job and family 40 years in the oilfield.Retired.

IC B2

Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Mental health apocalypse mixed with easy access to hard drugs with a splash of pro homelessness laws....and viola!

They blame Martin v Boise.

Carpe' Scrotum
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
If you legalize it....they will come.

I am MAGA.
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

There you go.

Carpe' Scrotum
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Along with "Disease X"... How long before the NWO / WEF teams up with China to ship a couple boatloads of 100X hot Fentanyl to the U.S. to "population reduce" drug users, AND first responders as collateral damage ?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Lost a good customer to that [bleep].

That said, there's to many people in this state as it is. I wish there was a bucket of it under every streetlight

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
filling the country with suppliers

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Oregon's over ran with liberals what else do you expect..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
An Or resident here, but in the completely pure red east side. Please don't categorize the whole state.

Yes. Legalize hard drug possession and use, and they will come. Seems like a no brainer to me. Can't drink a beer with one's fish n chips in the park, but it's OK to inject, smoke, and snort anywhere in town. Presently, there is a move afoot to make use illegal though while on public transportation. I don't know why, since it's fine everywhere else.

I think Portland also has some downtown safe facilities where one can practice with free needles, tin foil, and lighters unmolested in a toasty dry environment with medical standing by. Talk about facilitation!

Didn't help either when downtown was given to ANTIFA after Trump's election. It's no wonder those of us in the rest of the state avoid going there, and once profitable businesses are vacating in droves.

I'm not one that supports packing around those reversal products either. If one wants to risk doing themselves in, get out of their way. Maybe such will eventually be a self-rectifying issue.

Sadly, there are enough votes in the crowded blue realm (Portland, Salem, Corvallis, Eugene, and drug infused Medford to the south) to carry the state.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

In our family we lost a nephew a couple years back to some hopped up heroin in Va. When his roomies discovered the body, they borrowed his credit cards and went out to party.

Last edited by 1minute; 02/19/24.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Floyd was staggering a bit as I recall.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 1minute
An Or resident here, but in the completely pure red east side. Yes. Legalize hard drug possession and use, and they will come. Seems like a no brainer to me. Can't drink a beer with one's fish n chips in the park, but it's OK to inject, smoke, and snort anywhere in town. Presently, there is a move afoot to make use illegal though while on public transportation. I don't know why, since it's fine everywhere else.

I think we also have some downtown safe facilities where one can practice with free needles, tin foil, and lighters totally unmolested in a toasty dry environment with medical standing by. Talk about facilitation!

Didn't help either when downtown was given to ANTIFA after Trumps election. It's no wonder those of us in the rest of the state avoid going there, and once profitable businesses are vacating in droves.

I'm not one that supports packing around those reversal products either. If one wants to risk doing themselves in, get out of their way. Maybe it will eventually be a self-rectifying issue.

There are enough votes in the blue realm (Portland, Salem, Corvallis, Eugene, and drug infused Medford to the south) to carry the state.

It is a sad deal for sure. It is also self correcting. Painful to watch if it's close to you.

One of my family, near 45 years ago, when posed with the question 'how do we stop the drug problem in our Country'? Answered.... '...feed it to 'em...'

Again, sadly, he may have been right!

YMMV

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
Steve Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
1Minute, Read an article a few days ago describing the issue statewide homeless and drug policies are causing Ontario. Getting all the losers from Idaho.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Amsterdam figured that out 40 years ago.... but hey, some people have to touch the hot stove and find out for themselves......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Steve
1Minute, Read an article a few days ago describing the issue statewide homeless and drug policies are causing Ontario. Getting all the losers from Idaho.

Good riddance.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
An Or resident here, but in the completely pure red east side. Please don't categorize the whole state.

Yes. Legalize hard drug possession and use, and they will come. Seems like a no brainer to me. Can't drink a beer with one's fish n chips in the park, but it's OK to inject, smoke, and snort anywhere in town. Presently, there is a move afoot to make use illegal though while on public transportation. I don't know why, since it's fine everywhere else.

I think Portland also has some downtown safe facilities where one can practice with free needles, tin foil, and lighters unmolested in a toasty dry environment with medical standing by. Talk about facilitation!

Didn't help either when downtown was given to ANTIFA after Trump's election. It's no wonder those of us in the rest of the state avoid going there, and once profitable businesses are vacating in droves.

I'm not one that supports packing around those reversal products either. If one wants to risk doing themselves in, get out of their way. Maybe such will eventually be a self-rectifying issue.

Sadly, there are enough votes in the crowded blue realm (Portland, Salem, Corvallis, Eugene, and drug infused Medford to the south) to carry the state.

In our family we lost a nephew a couple years back to some hopped up heroin in Va. When his roomies discovered the body, they borrowed his credit cards and went out to party.

There is going to be another blue county center left, in the near future (Bend).

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
prineville too

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The "success", beauty, and lure of the American Dream are partially responsible, especially when coupled with the "reality" that upward trajectories wrt standards of living, etc. cannot be sustained forever, let alone maintained over multiple generations. Many in those successive generations take too much for granted and can't comprehend the work/sacrifice/discipline of those earlier Americans who got us to where we are. Bad luck affects others!

Idle time, excess $$$, failure to cope with unrealistic expectations, and an "enabling" environment for experimentation and "escape" cause many to fall into the mind altering grasp of these lifestyles/drugs. The brain chemistry/behavior is complex and very powerful. Recidivism is not absolute, but more often than not the norm... once an addict, always an addict (at some level) in term of ongoing vulnerability to relapse. "Tolerance" and even more so, "dependence" are ominous warning signs if care is not sought or access to the drug at least restricted (narcotics for sure.) Abuse of multiple substances, increased potency of modern abused and available drugs, illicit production, foreign involvement/illicit sourcing, and finally social decay ALL lead to the current deadly, dysfunctional environment that far too many Americans are aware of, if not personally afflicted.

Why do we believe that we can play with fire and not get burned? Most learn that lesson early and move forward "enlightened." There are some that never will! This explains many of the chronically addicted. Sadly, recurrent "burns" mean death for these people... eventually. The only alternatives are lifelong progressive treatment OR supervised use OR emergency resuscitation for overdoses.

Here we are!!!

A tolerant, compassionate, perhaps reckless "view" deals with it, pays for it, and probably increases the prevalence in our current "social state" as a nation and interpretation of what freedom really means.

A harsh, realistic "view" looking for change lets people suffer the consequences of their actions(death or withdrawal), restricts the access(market), punishes severely the suppliers/illicit sources up to and including the same death afforded the addicts.

One view supports and even perpetuates the problem. The other addresses it with the goal of decreasing the prevalence, maybe eradicating it.
Both can result in death for different parties involved!

Many of these narcotics (morphine, fentanyl, sufentanil, oxycontin, etc.) and other pharmaceuticals (cocaine, ketamine, propofol) are wonderful drugs and the world is better off for them overall. NONE were ever intended to be abused or intended for long term use! Addiction has been an issue for years after wars, injuries, and in "tolerant"/permissive/ignorant nations/populations(think 1960's most recently and they are our crop of current senior leaders!!!) Bad/ignorant physicians can be the cause as well.

I'd rather prevent the problem(current(essentially powerless)users and future users), remove/destroy the illicit souces and eliminate altogether(death if required) the "willful and powerful" creating the other "half" of the problem ie. cartels, illicit lab chemists, and street sellers.

"Just say NO" sounded good but won't work. It should have been "Kill or be killed" which is really what it is. "Bandaids" just kick the can down the road which is what .gov seems to be good at... hence the continued and growing problem. Alcohol and its issues are similar and different at the same time. Prohibition failed miserably and yet ETOH still predictably "kills" many...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Chinese getting back at the collective west for the opium wars.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You reap what you sow . . .

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The US uses basically all of the world's drugs.

Illegal and legal.

It ain't just availability.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I guess they don’t have the D.A.R.E. Program

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Illegal and legal.

You missed some, send someone to pick them up.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
once an addict, always an addict (at some level) in term of ongoing vulnerability to relapse.

Not true. Once released one can stay released. Other stuff in the novela is marginal.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
blah blah blah. Let em die by the boatload. Who cares.

LOL
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
blah blah blah. Let em die by the boatload. Who cares.

Oh they will it’s up to the individual. You don’t have to be a junkie. Saying it’s inevitable and a one way street and all that is excuse making. It’s a personal decision.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by leemar28

And now I'm sure they'll vote for him again.

On the good news side, theres a 1500% rise in fentanyl deaths in Oregon!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Like they didn't know what would happen to them if they took that crap.

Hard choice to make even if a family member is hooked.

But it needs to be made.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
This could happen to anyone at anytime.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Illegal and legal.

Yeah,

the Brazilians, African nations, and a few others prefer inhalants .

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

They did.. believe it!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

And will again

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ingwe

And now I'm sure they'll vote for him again.

On the good news side, theres a 1500% rise in fentanyl deaths in Oregon!

Overdosing is the only contribution a drug addict will ever make to society.....

Liberalism is what keeps ALL of this running... in this state or anywhere else.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by RMiller2
This could happen to anyone at anytime.
Not really! You have to take the schitt, before you can become addicted to it. It is a personal choice.

Each and every time another dose is taken, it is a choice!

An illness? Bull schitt? It's a choice.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If we can't eliminate fentanyl from our city streets, let's do the next best thing - ban narcan.
Seriously.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Nope, that is Bozeman.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A

The Tyranny will continue till Morale Improves ..

Remember it’s Darwin at Work

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Oregon you say? I thought it would have been Washington.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They want it like that.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Steve: Sad and pathetic - but.... predictable - with the demonrats in charge there!
I have LOTS of relatives in Oregon and in the Portland area - many are selling out and moving.
One is headed to Oklahoma.
Again sad, but predictable.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
stoners just wanna get stoned. No amount of law enforcement can fix that. Nature just has to run it's course

Sam......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
China and Mexico should be treated as hostile foreign nations, for many things, but specifically for this. They are intentionally poisoning and killing Americans with this shît.

Holier than thous clutch their [bleep] and preach.

If it touches your life through a loved one you might come down off your high horses.

MAGA
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/mexica...ng-americas-last-great-place-rcna130822#
Cartels on the rez, a ton of meth and 700,000 fentanyl pills

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
China and Mexico should be treated as hostile foreign nations, for many things, but specifically for this. They are intentionally poisoning and killing Americans with this shît.

Holier than thous clutch their [bleep] and preach.

If it touches your life through a loved one you might come down off your high horses.

Gee, hostile foreign nations? Ya think. Been that way for years.

Trade with them hasn't seemed to make them our friends. Something else needs done methinks.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Our drones/missile $ would get a good ROI taking out the the smugglers of fentanyl. A real war on drugs. [bleep] any country that facilitates the manufacture and distribution of fentanyl.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Buzztail, Sickermore, psychodog, Jell-O, Gayghost and Houston_2 will be along shortly to say, "Well, we could have had a puzzygrabber in the White House.".

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Double or triple active ingredient...fixed it in 30 daz

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve been reading that something like >90% of the fentanyl now contains meclazine (iirc), a high power horse tranquilizer which causes tissue necrosis, it’s devastating to the addict from day 1….but it doesn’t make sense to me! No drug dealer or manufacturer of illicit drugs is going to be adding something to their product that makes the high more intense and last longer. Drug dealers and manufacturers cut their drugs to make them weaker forcing the addict to buy more drugs more often. By adding meclazine I heard that it allows the addict to use 1/2 or 1/3 as much for the same high….that’s NOT anything that any drug dealer would do and it is not something that any illicit drug maker would do, it’s goes against everything that a dealer tries to do. Why would a manufacturer want to decrease the demand for their product by making it stronger and last longer?…they would NEVER DO THAT!

Adding meclazine to a dangerously addictive drug does not make sense to me from the point of view of the manufacturer….

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Seems like Darwin at work to me. Kinda like liberal woman screaming for abortions. Darwin at work. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No drug dealer or manufacturer of illicit drugs is going to be adding something to their product that makes the high more intense and last longer.

I've also heard that folks will seek out dealers that have had clients overdose. The thinking being that he/she is selling more potent stuff.

1Minute
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Seems like Darwin at work to me…..

Seems like the CIA or DEA at work to me…(the addition of meclazine).

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No drug dealer or manufacturer of illicit drugs is going to be adding something to their product that makes the high more intense and last longer.

I've also heard that folks will seek out dealers that have had clients overdose. The thinking being that he/she is selling more potent stuff.

That was news to me but apparently it's true.

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
legalize it and feed them

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Ha, now you're a crazy Conspiracy Theorists. You've been listening to eyeball too much.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
stoners just wanna get stoned. No amount of law enforcement can fix that. Nature just has to run it's course

Hahaha!

Yeah, that's it.

People who get lung cancer shouldn't receive help either.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Ha, now you're a crazy Conspiracy Theorists. You've been listening to eyeball too much.

Well, OTOH, maybe not. grin

Last edited by jaguartx; 02/20/24.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I guess the camera adds about 12 inches in height....

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Don't want to OD on Fenty? Don't use. It's that simple. The dead are virtually all dopers. It's entirely Darwinian.

Tarquin
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Don't want to OD on Fenty? Don't use. It's that simple. The dead are virtually all dopers. It's entirely Darwinian.

That’s deep….helpful, insightful and deep. With that amount of mental acuity I can’t believe that the drug problem hasn’t been eradicated.🙄

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jaguartx

I guess I’m someone that looks to the past to have a clue about what the future might hold or what someone might do based upon their past actions. If the CIA didn’t have a proven track record of using illegal drugs on marginalized people from the fringes of society then I’d agree that I’m wading into conspiracy theory territory….like that crazy ol’coot eyeball…..but they DO HAVE a dark and shady history of unimaginable cruelty against people who they thought were disposable.

Crack was a CIA invention introduced into neighborhoods that had susceptible populations.
MK Ultra was another CIA program that drugged people with LSD over the long term with no regard to their wellbeing.

I’ve said it before but if “we” can’t keep drugs out of our maximum security prisons….supposedly the most controlled institutions in the country then how in the hell can anyone think that we can get rid of them in a “free” society? If you don’t go into prison with a substance abuse problem the odds are that you’ll be discharged with one!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ldholton
Oregon's over ran with liberals what else do you expect..

No just Potlandia, Salem, Eugene.. they magnify all problems....They create problems and thenexpect us all to need to re elect them to take care and administer the problems they create.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If you Sniff----Snort---Inject----Take a Pill----Use a Suppository--- Knowing it contains a Drug that could be FATAL, just to get HIGH!! You can Kiss your Ass Goodbye I don't care, You can look for Sympathy in the Dictionary it's there right between Schitt and Syphilis. Rio7

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I’ve been reading that something like >90% of the fentanyl now contains meclazine (iirc), a high power horse tranquilizer which causes tissue necrosis, it’s devastating to the addict from day 1….but it doesn’t make sense to me! No drug dealer or manufacturer of illicit drugs is going to be adding something to their product that makes the high more intense and last longer. Drug dealers and manufacturers cut their drugs to make them weaker forcing the addict to buy more drugs more often. By adding meclazine I heard that it allows the addict to use 1/2 or 1/3 as much for the same high….that’s NOT anything that any drug dealer would do and it is not something that any illicit drug maker would do, it’s goes against everything that a dealer tries to do. Why would a manufacturer want to decrease the demand for their product by making it stronger and last longer?…they would NEVER DO THAT!

Adding meclazine to a dangerously addictive drug does not make sense to me from the point of view of the manufacturer….

If the expensive part is the drug - you'll add it to whatever you can to make 5lbs suddenly look like 10lbs for less cost. It's less about getting someone to buy more but having more to buy for less.

And drug dealers, believe it or not, have to compete with other drug dealers - making the high "better" is actually marketing. Making it better for less money is entrepreneurship.

It's cliche but watch the first 2 seasons of The Wire. It's so good that when it came out both the cops AND criminals were taking notes on how to better do their 1/2 of the deal. Seriously.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal

If the expensive part is the drug - you'll add it to whatever you can to make 5lbs suddenly look like 10lbs for less cost. It's less about getting someone to buy more but having more to buy for less.

And drug dealers, believe it or not, have to compete with other drug dealers - making the high "better" is actually marketing. Making it better for less money is entrepreneurship.

It's cliche but watch the first 2 seasons of The Wire. It's so good that when it came out both the cops AND criminals were taking notes on how to better do their 1/2 of the deal. Seriously.

And it’s nothing new, either. Why do you think Coca-Cola used to have coca in it? Much more expensive than sugar, but people sure came back for more.

Dealers add fentanyl to weed, meth, horse and anything else they can because it intensifies the high and gets people even more addicted.

Like handing out free Lucky Strikes…….

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

In addition, dead addicts aren't buying drugs.
I've wondered about this more than once. It doesn't make sense for cartels to make the stuff so strong. It's counterproductive. What am I missing? The only thing that makes sense is that the Chinese are deliberately trying to create zombies, not make money. It's warfare, not for profit.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

If everyone in the Red areas voted Red, Trump would have won.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Lies. If you decriminalize hard drug sales, use and possession everything gets better not worse. Liberals aren’t stupid, duh.

lol

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Sadly, this is true. The one small exception is the stupid kid who takes a pill at a party while drunk. That stupid kid can easily die now. I dont mind when stupid ends in adult death, but a 14 year old kid sucking on his first 3 beers... damn shame it's come to this.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

That’s deep….helpful, insightful and deep. With that amount of mental acuity I can’t believe that the drug problem hasn’t been eradicated.🙄

It's being eradicated right before our eyes! Virtually all of the dead are hardcore dopers on public assistance.

Tarquin
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Seafire
They create problems and then expect us all to need to re elect them to take care and administer the problems they create.

Correct...

That is a universal TRUTH regarding .GOV.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And will continue to vote for Biden.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

In addition, dead addicts aren't buying drugs.
I've wondered about this more than once. It doesn't make sense for cartels to make the stuff so strong. It's counterproductive. What am I missing? The only thing that makes sense is that the Chinese are deliberately trying to create zombies, not make money. It's warfare, not for profit.

You two aren't the target demographic.

Hardly surprising why you don't understand. No offense.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
In 2023, DEA seized more than 78.4 million fentanyl-laced fake pills and nearly 12,000 pounds of fentanyl powder. The 2023 seizures are equivalent to more than 388.8 million lethal doses of fentanyl.

Could happen anywhere.

The one O.D. in family that I had is no where near underprivileged, just a teen experimenting. Luckily first responders saved him.

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I remember the democRAT party being up in arms about the 58,000 who died trying to stop the spread of communism over the course of 10,000 days. But twice that number every year for their political scheming is OK. I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate the democRAT party and what they are doing to my grandkids future. Someone needs to shove some of that fentanyl down the political left's throat. I hope every last one of them die a slow and painful death.

Well, maybe not too slow. But, painful is good.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Consider the billions of $$$$ coming into the US by way of illegal pharmaceuticals. The cartels, and China, can afford to drop a billion here and a billion there for protection and express lanes crossing the border. Congress and the executive branch are severely compromised and it’s been obvious for decades. Demoroids and Republicrats alike are responsible.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Aces,

they may be adding something like a horse tranq, but it's not meclizine.

Meclizine is a motion sickness medicine used by many folks.

Might be something along the lines of ketamine?

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Aces,

I believe the drug that heroin is being combined with besides Fentanyl is Xylazine injectable sold by Bayer under the name Rompun. It can be very deadly to horses or humans in overdose. Probably like a lot of other drug mixtures in that they potentiate each other. It may not be the heroin dealer doing the mixing, might be the end user.

Darwinism is common among drug addicts. Alcohol and opioids being mixed inside a human body takes out quite a few.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Aces,

Geno…. I knew it didn’t sound right…..it’s Xylazine that is being added to make the high last longer. They refer to it as “Tranq” (trank) once Xylazine is added. It does the opposite of what “cutting” does and makes 10 pounds of pills with Xylazine added act like 3 pounds so it goes in the opposite direction that cutting and stretching does.

ETA….Hastings is correct

Last edited by AcesNeights; 02/21/24.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, it seems Hastings called it.

In it is contentment

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.