-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
cause of death remains unknown. “[Make] no mistake, Putin is responsible for Navalny’s death,” Biden said during a hastily arranged press briefing on February 16. Putin, Biden continued, “had him arrested. He had him prosecuted for fabricated crimes. He sentenced him to prison. He was held in isolation.”

Well, what a difference a few weeks makes. Biden clearly suffers from a faulty if not fantastical memory but are his mental faculties so poor that he has forgotten the past few years—let alone the past few weeks?

Is this the same Joe Biden who has publicly vilified his own detractors for more than three years? The same Joe Biden who continues to deploy the country’s most powerful government agencies and corporations to hunt down, investigate, interrogate, arrest, charge, and imprison Americans for their participation in the events of January 6, 2021?

The same Joe Biden who routinely brands his countrymen as “insurrectionists” and “domestic terrorists” because they protested his election for a few hours that day?

The same Joe Biden who recently bragged about the success in creating his own set of political prisoners? Did Biden happen to forget his remarks at Valley Forge on the third anniversary of January 6?

Here is a helpful refresher:

“[Since] that day, more than 1,200 people have been charged for their assault on the Capitol. Nearly 900 of them have been convicted or pled guilty. Collectively, to date, they have been sentenced to more than 840 years in prison.”

But Biden faced no backlash for boasting about imprisoning his political opponents; to the contrary, those in the audience, presumably the same individuals currently crying in their coffee over Navalny’s death, enthusiastically cheered.

Hypocrisy Without Limit
Biden, of course, is not alone in displaying such brazen hypocrisy on the matter of “political prisoners.” American lawmakers of both parties competed to pen the most dramatic and overblown statement regarding Navalny’s death.

Senator Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), who has been silent on the plight of January 6 political prisoners even though Florida is home to the greatest number of J6ers, promised revenge. “Navalny’s tragic death at the hands of the Putin bloodthirsty regime is a stark reminder that Putin and his thugs will stop at nothing to silence dissent or those who might expose the level of corruption in the Kremlin,” Rubio said in a statement. “We must continue to stand with those brave Russians who dare to speak out and continue to press for the release of political prisoners such as Vladimir Kara-Murza.”

While Rubio was not elected to represent Navalny or Vladimir Kara-Murza, another jailed Russian opposition leader, he is obligated to represent the more than 125 Floridians arrested and charged, mostly on low level offenses, related to the events of January 6. A handful of Rubio’s constituents including Joseph Biggs and Enrique Tarrio are serving some of the longest prison sentences—comparable, in fact, to those handed down by Russian officials against Navalny and Kara-Murza—following an extended period of pretrial detention that included stretches of solitary confinement before they were convicted of nonviolent offenses by a hostile jury during a rigged trial in Washington in 2022.

Nothing to say, Marco Rubio?

Plenty of Rubio’s constituents also face what Biden called “fabricated crimes” in the Navalny conviction. Where is Rubio’s outrage over the DOJ’s use of the rarely-used “seditious conspiracy” statute—one historically applied to foreign terrorists attempting to kill U.S. citizens—against Floridians resulting in prison sentences extended by the application of “terror enhancements?”

What about the Biden regime’s weaponization of a document-shredding statute passed in the aftermath of the Enron/Arthur Anderson scandal that instead is being used to criminalize political dissent and turn nonviolent protesters, including several Floridians such as decorated combat veteran Kenneth Harrelson, into lifelong felons?

No comment from Rubio even though the DOJ’s use of the statute currently is under review by the Supreme Court and might be overturned.

What About the Dead J6ers?
Rubio’s Republican colleagues also shared their feelings of heartbreak and indignation over Navalny’s passing. Senators John Barrasso (R-Wyo.), Joni Earnst (R-Iowa), and Todd Young (R-Ind.) lined up to condemn Navalny’s “murder.” North Carolina Senator Thom Tillis, another mute when it comes to the persecution of J6ers, warned on X that “History be kind to America’s leaders who stay silent” about Putin’s culpability.

Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), the always reliable slave to the national security state, warned of dire consequences. While repeatedly mispronouncing Navalny’s name, Graham said during a “Meet the Press” interview on Sunday that the U.S. must “make [Putin] pay a price for killing Navalny.”

If the U.S. designated Russia as a state sponsor of terrorism, Graham continued, the Navalny family could sue Russia here in the states for “the killing of their loved one.”

So where do the loved ones of at least four January 6 defendants who have committed suicide in the face of relentless, merciless torture by the DOJ go to sue the U.S. government? Can the relatives of Christopher Staunton Georgia, Matthew Perna, Mark Aungst, and Jord Meacham file lawsuits against prosecutors and judges ultimately responsible for “killing” them?

Or what about the relatives of Ashli Babbitt, who was executed at near point-blank range by a Capitol police officer that afternoon? Or the parents of Rosanne Boyland, who died after being gassed and beaten by D.C. cops? Or the children of Benjamin Phillips, who died of a heart attack after being hit with a stun grenade thrown into the crowd by police?

No, those Americans are not entitled to relief. They don’t have an influential celebrity following or the ability to use their martyr status to help launder hundreds of billions in tax dollars to Ukraine.

To the contrary, Lindsey Graham wishes more J6ers were dead.

The same Lindsey Graham who swoons over Navalny’s efforts to overthrow Putin urged federal police officers to shoot Americans inside the Capitol on January 6. Calling protesters “domestic terrorists,” Graham on January 7, 2021 insisted that “warning shots should have been fired and lethal force should have been used once they’d penetrated the seat of government.”

The Number of Biden’s Political Prisoners Could Exceed Putin’s
While Navalny’s mourners in Washington prepare to leverage his death to secure more aid for Ukraine amid headwind from House Republicans, Biden’s DOJ continues its dragnet for Trump supporters. On the same day the ruling class signed a collective sympathy card for Navalny, Matthew Graves, Biden’s handpicked U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia, on February 16 announced the arrest of a man from Louisiana on nonviolent charges for his presence inside the Capitol for about an hour.

DOJ’s official J6 caseload now exceeds 1,300 defendants with promises of more to come. In fact, the DOJ is on pace to arrest one J6er a day, which will make 2024 the year with the second-highest number of arrests in an effort to meet DOJ’s stated goal of ultimately charging at least 2,000 J6 protesters before the statute of limitations runs out.

Despite Biden’s claims that the ongoing January 6 investigation is about justice and accountability, the accelerating manhunt actually is about revenge and retaliation. In the words of one famous political dissident, “those in power cannot hold it without the arrest of innocent people. They jail hundreds to instill fear in millions.”

And the dissident who spoke those words was none other than Alexey Navalny.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Fuqk, we are all political prisoners😆. We watched Hunger Games and Mocking Jay recently, ah the irony (think DC).

This weekend we were in a Costco waiting in-line to exit the building, I said to the GF, this reminds me of hunger games..

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good post. Crimes against the citizens of a country go unpunished while political and now social"crimes" are pursued and propagandized as justice.

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
posted by Cold War Era Ukrainian Refugee who bought Trump's Golden Sneakers:

Media is Unhappy..

https://twitter.com/romansharf/status/1759717137059381645

The headlines say: “Russian Oligarch CEO spends 9000 dollars on a pair of sneakers to support Trump.”

Sounds catchy, but I came from Ukraine (back when it was still the Soviet Union) as a refugee with my dad. The man had 4 dollars in his pocket.

I busted my ass since I was 13 years old, worked every dirty job you can think of to get to a point where I can splurge on a $9000 pair of collectible sneakers, served in the U.S. Military to shown my honor and gratitude for the opportunity to do so…

But I guess that headline would not have gotten clicks by saying “Russian Refugee,” or “Ukrainian Refugee,” or perhaps… just a man.

I wasn’t trying to make a political statement by buying the shoes, but still received a ton of messages saying, “You support Trump, therefore you lost a follower and client.”

Here, I thought clients bought watches from Luxury Bazaar, due to our 21 years in business and our personalized service.

What a confirmation of how divided this country is.

With that said—no mean tweet, comment on IG, or newspaper article will stop me from being a patriot of this great country.

This is great country that once took in a poor immigrant and gave me the opportunity to be where I am today. The country that stands to give us all a fighting chance.

I love this country, and I am proud to be an American.

You wanna hate me for wanting this country to be thriving and unified as one—go ahead and judge this sneakerhead for my politics.

But just know that no matter what, I do pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Thank you, and God bless America! 🇺🇸

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 02/20/24.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Am I missing something? As bad as Russia is, how is it any of our business what they do internally and what consequences can and should we impose? Expressing moral outrage is one thing, but actually doing anything? We go apeshit when any other nation does it to us, or tries to.

As usual, Joe is puffing up his chest, doing his squinty eyed gunfighter act, trying to appear like a badass.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rubio is a POS.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (1234, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 74 invisible), 2,052 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,613
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.