Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Tempting

Sam......

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Or one could buy a pre 1982 Smith & Wesson Model 34 Kit Gun or Model 63 and have a MUCh better built and finished revolver for about the same money.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by KKDD50
Or one could buy a pre 1982 Smith & Wesson Model 34 Kit Gun or Model 63 and have a MUCh better built and finished revolver for about the same money.

I bought my first year M63 under age in high school for pennies back then. Show me the same for about the same money of the one above and I will buy it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Troutnut: Do you think that advertised Smith & Wesson revolver has a "hillary hole" on the unphotographed side?
No thanks - all my S&W Model 63's and Model 651's (the stainless "J" frame 22 Magnum revolvers) are "pre-hillary hole" guns.
I would NOT even consider buying a hillary holed S&W revolver these days.
For several reasons.
I wonder if that "hillary hole" is the reason that pistol is being "discounted" so seriously?
Thanks anyway.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Troutnut: Do you think that advertised Smith & Wesson revolver has a "hillary hole" on the unphotographed side?
No thanks - all my S&W Model 63's and Model 651's (the stainless "J" frame 22 Magnum revolvers) are "pre-hillary hole" guns.
For several reasons.
I wonder if that "hillary hole" is the reason that pistol is being "discounted" so seriously?
Thanks anyway.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I'm sure it is a lock model. I just buy the pre lock stuff too but I thought someone may be interested.

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
A few years ago in an incredible fit of stupidity I bought one of these new ones. It was new and unfired in the plastic box, etc. but, because It was purchased online I was unable to inspect it before it showed up. Never even fired it because in looking at it I discovered a crack in the yoke so just called S&W, sent them a photo and sent it to them with their prepaid shipping label. S&W returned in about a 3-4 week turn around. I promptly got rid of it. I guess that the buyer is now the quality control department for them. The early 90's seem to be the end of their consistent quality and well built revolvers. All of their "improvements" were done at great cost to quality in order to produce the product at a cheaper price. Yep, this is just my opinion.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For several reasons.
Thanks anyway.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG, there's a reason they aren't showing a pic of the other dide of the gun.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
For several reasons.
Thanks anyway.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

VG, there's a reason they aren't showing a pic of the other dide of the gun.

Lol.
Yeah I've noticed that as well. Even gunbroker stuff you sometimes have to dig several pictures deep to see

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Couple years ago I bought a new model 63. It has the lock and I don't really care as it's just a 22LR.

Zero issues, nice little revolver.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
"Thumb safety"????

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Old School Model 63. I bought this one in 1985. It is minute of squirrel accurate. smile
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sam......

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Old School Model 63. I bought this one in 1985. It is minute of squirrel accurate. smile
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mother of my children ended up my 63

From the mid 70's production

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I sent two new 63’s back to smith, highly recommend you get an older gun

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This thing have the same ghey sights as the 317? The useless V-notch rear and glow stick front sight that shoots 6" high or more with every load?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
This thing have the same ghey sights as the 317? The useless V-notch rear and glow stick front sight that shoots 6" high or more with every load?

I am fortunate in that my 317 is a very early one without the lock and with real revolver sights. Love that little gun.

Mathew 22: 37-39

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Troutnut: I think you may have been a "four leaf clover" for me!
THE... very next day (my receipt reads 2/12/2,024!) I set off on a gun chasing sojourn to a distant (80 miles away) gunshop - and what were they just bringing out of the back room from an estate sale but an as new mint Smith & Wesson Model 63-3 with 4" barrel and complete with original plastic pistol case and all the paperwork.
This pistol does have what MAY be an original rubberish/plasticish Uncle Mikes grooved set of grips - but other than that it appears unfired, original and has NO hillary hole.
I have PLENTY of "J" frame wooden grip sets on hand, should I decide to replace the Uncle Mikes (which may or may NOT be factory?).
Now, I need ANOTHER Model 63 like I need another hole in my head, but my cash offer was accepted by the shop and away I went!
I could NOT see where your linked to Model 63 is "eligible" for the additional rebate on your linked to page - so for less than the linked to price and no sales tax, shipping or FFL fees I got me (and my VarmintChildren/GrandChildren) another nifty "J" frame 22 Smith revolver.
I say again, I won't even consider buying a new hillary holed Smith & Wesson revolver - and I know a lot of people feel the same way about them.
Anyway thanks for being a "lucky charm".
Headed back to that shop on Friday to view the rest of that estates guns which are now in shop.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Tracker
Troutnut: I think you may have been a "four leaf clover" for me!
THE... very next day (my receipt reads 2/12/2,024!) I set off on a gun chasing sojourn to a distant (80 miles away) gunshop - and what were they just bringing out of the back room from an estate sale but an as new mint Smith & Wesson Model 63-3 with 4" barrel and complete with original plastic pistol case and all the paperwork.
This pistol does have what MAY be an original rubberish/plasticish Uncle Mikes grooved set of grips - but other than that it appears unfired, original and has NO hillary hole.
I have PLENTY of "J" frame wooden grip sets on hand, should I decide to replace the Uncle Mikes (which may or may NOT be factory?).
Now, I need ANOTHER Model 63 like I need another hole in my head, but my cash offer was accepted by the shop and away I went!
I could NOT see where your linked to Model 63 is "eligible" for the additional rebate on your linked to page - so for less than the linked to price and no sales tax, shipping or FFL fees I got me (and my VarmintChildren/GrandChildren) another nifty "J" frame 22 Smith revolver.
I say again, I won't even consider buying a new hillary holed Smith & Wesson revolver - and I know a lot of people feel the same way about them.
Anyway thanks for being a "lucky charm".
Headed back to that shop on Friday to view the rest of that estates guns which are now in shop.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Sounds like a nice one. Good luck on whatever the rest of the estate may be

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,274 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,389
Posts18,488,664
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.