Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by cisco1
McInnis,

You are right....I just don't suffer fools .

I don't mince words.

How does one such as yourself who "doesn't suffer fools" go about looking in the mirror in the morning?

You're either a lying sack of [bleep] or the stupidest qunt on the planet. You own nothing in the realm of what the OP asked about or you're literally stupid enough to walk out of a gun shop with a new piece that's rusty and doesn't work, which is it?

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
If the barrel is over torqued by 1 degree you might miss it when you buy it however when you you shoot it run the rear sights all the way to the right to get it centered then you know something is wrong. I might add that only a low IQ individual posts an ad hominum attack on someone. It’s surprising to me the ansolute level of imbecility that some supposed “men” post on an Internet forum. I might add that someone who posts he has no problems what so ever is either shooting from 5ft away or just making it up

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by jimmyp
If the barrel is over torqued by 1 degree you might miss it when you buy it however when you you shoot it run the rear sights all the way to the right to get it centered then you know something is wrong. I might add that only a low IQ individual posts an ad hominum attack on someone. It’s surprising to me the ansolute level or imbecility that some supposed “men” post on an Internet forum.
Not attacking any one person Jimmy, I just hear all the time and people provide pics of messed up stuff. Can’t imagine walking out with it. In fairness it left the factory as well and while S&W might find it “in spec” perhaps based on complaints, the spec should be improved upon. Again not attacking a single person, just shake my head at some of the irony.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
In truth it might indeed be in spec, have a nice evening

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
If the barrel is over torqued by 1 degree you might miss it when you buy it however when you you shoot it run the rear sights all the way to the right to get it centered then you know something is wrong. I might add that only a low IQ individual posts an ad hominum attack on someone. It’s surprising to me the ansolute level of imbecility that some supposed “men” post on an Internet forum. I might add that someone who posts he has no problems what so ever is either shooting from 5ft away or just making it up

What you in all of your retardation find problematic simply aren't problems at all for those of us who didn't lick while bouncing our football helmet festooned heads off the windows in the short bus on the ride to school in the morning.
That you and your ilk would walk out the door of a gunshop with a new piece having a crooked barrel that didn't work while covered in rust comes as no surprise. You're either as stupid as Crisco is or you're a [bleep] liar that couldn't afford a cap pistol at Wal Mart much less a new N frame.

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
erickg,

The whole world loves an idiot.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I love the pinned and recessed guns of the past but they’re simply beyond my means. I have two S&W revolvers with the Hillary hole. They work well and the triggers are acceptable. I’ve never even handled the newest guns with the two piece barrels because I know I’d have difficulty accepting that change.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by cisco1
erickg,

I do not have any new ones ...

And yet here you are, flapping your gums about something you admittedly have ZERO first hand knowledge of, attempting to dissuade the OP from making a purchase of a revolver that he will clearly have the ability to inspect prior to purchasing. Typical do nothing internet clown, waxing nostalgic about a couple of safe queens he has and trying to convince the world based on what he's "heard" that QC at S&W has fallen below that of Hi Point and it's simply a miracle if anything ever leaves the factory in working condition.
The idiot is in your mirror.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't own any newer N frames, do own a post lock J frame. I deactivated the lock on the J.

People I know and trust have some newer N frames, made before the two piece barrels became common. To a man they say they are some of the straightest and best shooting Smith & wessons they've ever owned. I trust their word on it.

Last edited by SargeMO; 02/24/24.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have one newer S&W. There’s nothing wrong with it. It’s a 629 4” barrel. I am a big fan of S&W’s.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I might add that someone who posts he has no problems what so ever is either shooting from 5ft away or just making it up

Hey Jimmy, made it outside today, not surprisingly I encountered no problems with such. Packing a perfectly functional "current" N frame S&W 627, stoked with 140 grain XTP's pushed to 1350 fps by 18.0 grains H110. Pictured victims are neither made up nor were they 5 feet from the muzzle. I realize this is all over your head. Any of your safe queens gonna see the light of day today? I'd wager no, your limitations and long list of excuses preclude anything other than loafing about in your underwear reminiscing fondly of the time you shot 5 whole rounds through a new Airweight .38 before locking it up in the safe forever. Enjoy the couch today you old Putz.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Jimmy!!! Hey sorry if I caught you at nap time, I'm still here, you know outdoors, just wanted to let you know neither I, nor my "current" N frame have any problems with the kind that live in trees either. Tall trees Jimmy, much taller than 5 feet. When was the last time one of your 'Smith's drew blood Jimmy? Kinda funny to think that if I shoot one more squirrel today, that that will be one more round fired in an afternoon than the entire lifespan of your .38 Airweight. JFC you're a do nothing idiot.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Erickg: Great photos there - thanks for sharing them - they are very clear and very graphic.
Brings to mind the old saying "use enough gun".
Keep up the good work.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Erickg: Great photos there - thanks for sharing them - they are very clear and very graphic.
Brings to mind the old saying "use enough gun".
Keep up the good work.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I make my living outdoors, I'm afforded the luxury of being able to pack and shoot daily. I encounter a wide variety of game and being under gunned is not something I'm into.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
What a bunch of silly pics of small animals ....I have shot bears and haven't taken pics .

erickg you are so pretty when you are rattled............I love ya.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a newer Model 25 and a older 28, zero problems.

The only S&W I had problems with was a used Model 29, no dash, 4" barrel. Evidently the previous owner liked hot loads as the chambers were all slightly bulged.

Sure, I wish they were all in the "registered" class, but for shooting and hunting they all are good to go, at least for me.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
My 2023 627 has had no issues.

I have read Elmer Keith and Bill Jordan since I was in eighth grade.

Those "great old" revolvers they shot and wrote about were often customized.

Trigger jobs, sight modifications, new grips, barrels chopped, etc.

I find that when I do similar things to my revolvers, I get similar results.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 21 invisible), 1,344 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,213
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.