Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#19227462 02/19/24
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have posted similar before, but it's time for an update.
Here is the declaration, pay particular attention to article 26.

United Nations Declaration on the rights of Indigenous Peoples.....(UNDRIP)
https://www.un.org/development/desa...ploads/sites/19/2018/11/UNDRIP_E_web.pdf

Seems odd that I haven't heard or seen any Politician that has any idea of what it means, yet, BC has accepted the declaration and it is now legislation in BC, how this could happen is disturbing, and it seems like BC is piling on layers of legislation to keep Citizens off the land. Its about access to the land, fishing, hunting, hiking, logging, mining, any access whatsoever.

Also, a separate but integrated issue......the NDP government is proposing changes to the "land act" that nobody is aware of, so far zero consultation and if there is going to be any it will be too late for any input. I was at a meeting a few days ago with elected Politicals of the opposition party, some of the Citizenry were there too, standing room only and they weren't happy. If you are in BC, you are urged to write your MLA, especially if it is an NDP held riding asking them for consultation and clarification on what changes to the land act mean.

I found someone who has an idea what UNDRIP could mean, I post this video below.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Good morning my friend, I hope the day has warmed up a tad up your way and the family are all well.

Thanks so much for posting this, I believe this is one of the most important issues facing BC residents immediately and then could affect all of Canada.

Once again we see evidence that we're playing for all the marbles.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I agree Dwayne, all the marbles, don't let the Genie out of the bottle, it isn't going back in. People are finally seeing it is real, gonna be interesting to see if people will let their own personal apathy get the best of them, or not.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
673 - thanks for the video.

I have not been a supporter or fan of the UN in anyway for a long time. That video and what is happening in BC is alarming.

I have had a sense of many things related to how we live in the future slowly spiralling out of our control over the last several years. More so over the last 8. I really am at a loss as to what can be done at a local level when we have an NDP - MP and NDP - MLA's. They are totally oblivious to the threat and in Alberta have empowered outside of treaties.

I do not believe that the majority of people stay current on news or threats like this and will be blindsided by the outcomes. By then it will be too late

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Evening sir, hope you're all well.

Just heard on the news that the NDP was inundated with calls/letters/pressure on the latest land use legislation so they've decided to shelve it for now.

They had some fellow from the ministry of land use make a statement that the opposition was making a big fuss over nothing - weasel words to that effect.

Saw MP Milobar there and he gave a brief statement to.

They blinked when they felt pressure.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
673;
Evening sir, hope you're all well.

Just heard on the news that the NDP was inundated with calls/letters/pressure on the latest land use legislation so they've decided to shelve it for now.

They had some fellow from the ministry of land use make a statement that the opposition was making a big fuss over nothing - weasel words to that effect.

Saw MP Milobar there and he gave a brief statement to.

They blinked when they felt pressure.

All the best.

Dwayne
Thanks for paying attention. smile
Yeah, I saw that, good news indeed. I wrote the NDP MLA here and offered to have the Conservative party come in and hold a public consultation if they themselves wouldn't.

People cant just sit on their hands while tyrants do as they please, so a small victory for the Citizens of BC...for now.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
673 / Dwayne --- good news for you folks.

Interesting comment from the ex NDP leader here on them getting booted after one term.

She said they were arrogant and did not listen to the people --- from memory there was huge public backlash specifically on Bill 6 -- unionizing of farm workers / farm WCB / farm OHS, the Metis harvest agreement (which was put in anyway).

The Metis Harvest agreement has caused soem serious issues with wildlife management and pull back on numbers of people drawn for certain tags.

To late to put the genie back in the bottle in Alberta on this one.

Hugh

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (21, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 219 Wasp, 68 invisible), 2,569 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,088
Posts18,482,895
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.