GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jiminy Christmas.

A tick further north is Wyoming.

Jumpin Jehosophat, Utah is a tick west.

¡Ay, caramba! Mexico is a couple of ticks to the south.

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah and Venezuela is in Denver now.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jiminy Christmas.

A tick further north is Wyoming.

Jumpin Jehosophat, Utah is a tick west.

Excellent point.

Great party state.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Gunnison can get real cold in the winter since its low lying. Lowest temps in the nation often. Doesn't bother some. Great fishing in Blue Mesa res. both summer and ice fishing in the winter. Close to both Created Butte and Monarch for skiing. Monarch gets great snow, much like many of the Utah slopes. Lived in Montrose in the 80's, nice ranching town but wouldn't move back due to the invasion of Denver by commies and all of their stupid ideas that the flush on everyone. Has an airport as well if you need to travel. Cimmarons are some beautiful country close to Gunnison, Montrose, Ouray, etc. Telluride is another great skiing slope. Wait for the wolves they just let lose to wipe out the elk/deer herd. Just a matter of time. If I was to move back it would be to Wyoming near the Winds somewhere possibly. Stay as far as you can from the east slope. Its a mess and getting worse by the day with all the illegals.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bought some KILLER dope in Salida. Right there on hwy 50

Honey-Bunny, 23.3 % THC

Tore up some damn good pizza back in there by the river. Little upstairs hole in the wall pizzeria

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've lived in Durango since 1981. I'm not going anywhere else. Everything I like to do is here------hiking trails, horseback riding, excellent fishing, good big game hunting, kayaking, skiing, boating, symphony, lots of archaeological sites-----local college brings in lots of guest speakers. Enough said.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by colorado bob
I've lived in Durango since 1981. I'm not going anywhere else. Everything I like to do is here------hiking trails, horseback riding, excellent fishing, good big game hunting, kayaking, skiing, boating, symphony, lots of archaeological sites-----local college brings in lots of guest speakers. Enough said.

It’s great location Bob. I attended Fort Lewis for a couple of years 79-81. What a lot of these people don’t realize is that The Continental Divide insulates a lot of us from the Front Range. Sure, we have to live with their politics, but living next to millions of acres of great public land takes the sting out of that.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Durango has a lot of trees so good cover from drones... so thats a plus.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Durango. Lots of great bars and restaurants, plus your only 25min to Purgatory, and 45 from Navajo Reservoir. Fly fishing, big game hunting, camping 4-wheeling, etc. I almost bought a condo right down town across from the Strater, but it wasn’t the best timing. I know kick myself for not pulling the trigger. IMO, it’s the last somewhat reasonable CO mountain town.

IC B3

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Neither. I have lived here 50 years.
I'd leave in a minute if I wasn't so old and gimped up.
Gov. Polis is doing to Colorado what Biden is doing to the U.S.
The guy is worried about how global warming will affect the water situation. I imagine polis is creating the op's version of utopia.
Exactly this guy needs to stay the hell out of Wyoming!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

Honey-Bunny, 23.3 % THC

Tore up some damn good pizza back in there by the river. Little upstairs hole in the wall pizzeria

I have been there. Some girl played with my junk under the table.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Honey-Bunny, 23.3 % THC

I have been there. Some girl played with my junk under the table.

It was the local pit bull rescue and precisely why Paul can't go back.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Honey-Bunny, 23.3 % THC

Dang bruh,

that'd be some powerful schiedt.

Right up there at the top of the Acapulco Gold territory. What was the high like? Buzzy? Laid back? Did you smoke enough to see scheidt?

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/sativa-dominant-hybrid/acapulco-gold

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'd like to put up a greenhouse for flowers and vegetables, no interest in growing, smoking, or eating anything with THC in it.

Wife has expressed some interest in 478 Kiva Road in Durango. That property abuts the Animas River, so there would never any problem pumping water to irrigate a lawn, garden, or greenhouse. You guys do realize that I'm going to be 69 in a month, so quality healthcare that is both competent and close by is getting more important every year.
=
I like Durango, but it would take longer for me to drive from Durango to Breck/Copper than it currently takes me to fly from Omaha to Denver, ride a van from Denver to Breck, and get the Tribeca off the battery tender and out of the garage. For some reason, it would be cheaper for me to buy tickets for Durango to Vail with a stop over in Denver than it would to buy tickets from Durango to Denver. If I did that, I guess that I could just not use the Denver-Vail and Vail-Denver portion of the ticket. The La Plata County Sheriff seems to be FFL friendly, no problem transferring my FFL to an address in La Plata County, so that's a good thing.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Durango was the only place I ever saw guys pulling huge plastic cases off the airport luggage return. They were in Durango for bow season.

Started my vaca from Durango, 4 corners and did the parks in Utah. Loved it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I'd like to put up a greenhouse for flowers and vegetables, no interest in growing, smoking, or eating anything with THC in it.

Wife has expressed some interest in 478 Kiva Road in Durango. That property abuts the Animas River, so there would never any problem pumping water to irrigate a lawn, garden, or greenhouse. You guys do realize that I'm going to be 69 in a month, so quality healthcare that is both competent and close by is getting more important every year.
=
I like Durango, but it would take longer for me to drive from Durango to Breck/Copper than it currently takes me to fly from Omaha to Denver, ride a van from Denver to Breck, and get the Tribeca off the battery tender and out of the garage. For some reason, it would be cheaper for me to buy tickets for Durango to Vail with a stop over in Denver than it would to buy tickets from Durango to Denver. If I did that, I guess that I could just not use the Denver-Vail and Vail-Denver portion of the ticket. The La Plata County Sheriff seems to be FFL friendly, no problem transferring my FFL to an address in La Plata County, so that's a good thing.

You could only pump water if you own irrigation rights, people are pretty serious about water here in the intermountain west. Whiskey is for drinking, water is for fighting over.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jetjockey
Durango. Lots of great bars and restaurants, plus your only 25min to Purgatory, and 45 from Navajo Reservoir. Fly fishing, big game hunting, camping 4-wheeling, etc. I almost bought a condo right down town across from the Strater, but it wasn’t the best timing. I know kick myself for not pulling the trigger. IMO, it’s the last somewhat reasonable CO mountain town.

Laughing…

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

=
Ummm, you don't get water rights by moving in next to the river.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BeanMan

=

You could only pump water if you own irrigation rights, people are pretty serious about water here in the intermountain west. Whiskey is for drinking, water is for fighting over.

I already talked to someone in the Division 7 water resources office in Durango. No problem pumping from the Animas without getting water rights and the fellow who I spoke with told me that getting water rights would be both easy and close to, if not, automatic. I try to incorporated the 7 Ps of planning when I'm doing new to me stuff.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

68 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 10 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,398
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.