B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
your going to love the mask

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hope so - wish the form3 was being done faster via Silencer Shop. Still waiting on my "Ready to certify" to even get in line for the wait.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I picked up my mask a couple weeks ago after a 5 month wait. I am very very pleased. I have used it on a cz452 and a FN 502. Tone is great

CK
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mine's going on a Bergara B14R and a yet to be purchased Ruger 45/22

Me

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
that mask on a 22/45 tactical is awesome, once you swap out the factory fire controls with volquartson

IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The Deadair Sandman is a Tank of a can. Should hold up to pretty much any 30cal and full auto and last forever... but man it's heavy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lane 22 centerfire

Last edited by 224th; 02/28/24.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
leaking Lanes, got to love it. good thing there is snow on the ground

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
sad thing is knowing the problem and still selling those pos cans

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
they say a picture is worth a thousand words. Pretty good example of that right above...Avoid Lane suppressors....

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 224th
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Lane 22 centerfire
How can that blow through threads?
Its blurry. But maybe its one of the QD things.

Never saw the need for QD. Just one more thing to go wrong. If thats the case then its gone wrong with Lane for sure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
direct thread, not QD. Poor design

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
Hope so - wish the form3 was being done faster via Silencer Shop. Still waiting on my "Ready to certify" to even get in line for the wait.

Loved the first Dead Air Mask so much, got two.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
It looks like the rear mount is not threaded on all the way. I wonder if there is a thread engagement issue. Out of spec. The Lane suppressors are made to be taken apart so they can be cleaned. Since it's a monocore it could be that the core is not allowing the rear mount to be secured all the way in allowing hot gas to escape. Although I don't own one and have never seen one I'm sure the threads would be fine series like 32 or so TPI. If they're buggered enough to keep them from bottoming out on the abutment it would do it. Something definitely ain't right. It's be interesting what Lane has to say about it. There's two sides to every argument. Not saying that anyone's wrong but something is definitely not right.
A friend of mine builds suppressors and has built them for companies early on before they were set up to do their own. He has a CNC shop and can mass produce baffles and such. He is licensed and sells them himself but they are sort of a reflex design. I built mine myself using baffles I bought from him on a form 1. It's a welded design and the way they're built the baffles are a light press fit in the main body and welded on both ends to keep people from messing with them. It works well but probably heavier than a lot of people would like. There are some good suppressors on the market today.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rainshot
It looks like the rear mount is not threaded on all the way. I wonder if there is a thread engagement issue. Out of spec. The Lane suppressors are made to be taken apart so they can be cleaned. Since it's a monocore it could be that the core is not allowing the rear mount to be secured all the way in allowing hot gas to escape. Although I don't own one and have never seen one I'm sure the threads would be fine series like 32 or so TPI. If they're buggered enough to keep them from bottoming out on the abutment it would do it. Something definitely ain't right. It's be interesting what Lane has to say about it. There's two sides to every argument. Not saying that anyone's wrong but something is definitely not right.
A friend of mine builds suppressors and has built them for companies early on before they were set up to do their own. He has a CNC shop and can mass produce baffles and such. He is licensed and sells them himself but they are sort of a reflex design. I built mine myself using baffles I bought from him on a form 1. It's a welded design and the way they're built the baffles are a light press fit in the main body and welded on both ends to keep people from messing with them. It works well but probably heavier than a lot of people would like. There are some good suppressors on the market today.

Wrong. It's leaking between the rear cap and the main tube. There is an O-ring in there that can't contain the pressure and thus the leaks. 224th's can has been in Lanes hands 3X to stop the leak, and it still leaks. They can't fix the problem. Mine went back 2X and still leaked. It was returned to Lane for a refund. I'm happy to say I don't own it any longer.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why would one purchase a "lane suppressor" in the first place?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BangPop
It's leaking between the rear cap and the main tube. There is an O-ring in there

Wow

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Why would one purchase a "lane suppressor" in the first place?

For the same reason anyone would buy a Surefire or SilencerCo or AAC or any of the other suppressors….to quiet the sound and muzzle blast. That’s why people buy a suppressor “in the first place”. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BangPop
Originally Posted by rainshot

Wrong. It's leaking between the rear cap and the main tube. There is an O-ring in there that can't contain the pressure and thus the leaks. 224th's can has been in Lanes hands 3X to stop the leak, and it still leaks. They can't fix the problem. Mine went back 2X and still leaked. It was returned to Lane for a refund. I'm happy to say I don't own it any longer.

Good for you. 3x Lane had it and couldn't fix the leak?

I'd say you were damn lucky getting your money back.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I do not own one, and will not pay the price one. Stupid money for a something that does cost more then $150.00 to manufacture. I can buy two firearms for the cost of one suppresser.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (22250rem, 1936M71, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 57 invisible), 2,628 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,697
Posts18,475,205
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.