Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by cs2blue
I do not own one, and will not pay the price one. Stupid money for a something that does cost more then $150.00 to manufacture. I can buy two firearms for the cost of one suppresser.

I've had constant tinnitus for the past 22 years. I'd rather 1 or 2 less firearms and keep it to a dull roar than add to it.

Tho I do suspect my Surefire in jail cost more than 150 to make - American labor wages and all.

CNC's ain't cheap.

Me

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Are there any that you need to stay away From?

I just picked up an Otter Creek Labs this morning. They're in London, if you want to support some KY boys. The reviews on their products are good.

https://ottercreeklabs.com/

Happen to like the otter creek myself

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

When people face the possibility of freezing or starving there is little chance they are going to listen to unfounded claims of climate doomsday from a bunch of ultra-rich yacht sailing private jet-setting carbon-spewing hypocrite elites
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I do not own one, and will not pay the price one. Stupid money for a something that does cost more then $150.00 to manufacture. I can buy two firearms for the cost of one suppresser.

Do you apply the same thinking to everything that is adjacent to guns? ie - optics, mounts, lights, holsters, armor, NV, thermal, etc?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just do a Form1 and build your own.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by aalf
Just do a Form1 and build your own.....

Yeah sure. Laughing.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

How much does 3d printed Ti cost?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Stickfight

Do you apply the same thinking to everything that is adjacent to guns? ie - optics, mounts, lights, holsters, armor, NV, thermal, etc?
Wonder what it costs in raw materials and labor to build a Glock?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the HUXWRX (formerly known as OSS), design.

Originally Posted by blanket
that mask on a 22/45 tactical is awesome, once you swap out the factory fire controls with volquartson

The best thing I ever did was swap out my factory Ruger parts for Volquartsen in my MK IV 22/45 Tactical.

All Ruger had to do to make a decent factory trigger pull with their parts was stone the engagement surface of the sear. As it was, when I ran it across a stone it looked like a topo map.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BangPop
Originally Posted by rainshot
It looks like the rear mount is not threaded on all the way. I wonder if there is a thread engagement issue. Out of spec. The Lane suppressors are made to be taken apart so they can be cleaned. Since it's a monocore it could be that the core is not allowing the rear mount to be secured all the way in allowing hot gas to escape. Although I don't own one and have never seen one I'm sure the threads would be fine series like 32 or so TPI. If they're buggered enough to keep them from bottoming out on the abutment it would do it. Something definitely ain't right. It's be interesting what Lane has to say about it. There's two sides to every argument. Not saying that anyone's wrong but something is definitely not right.
A friend of mine builds suppressors and has built them for companies early on before they were set up to do their own. He has a CNC shop and can mass produce baffles and such. He is licensed and sells them himself but they are sort of a reflex design. I built mine myself using baffles I bought from him on a form 1. It's a welded design and the way they're built the baffles are a light press fit in the main body and welded on both ends to keep people from messing with them. It works well but probably heavier than a lot of people would like. There are some good suppressors on the market today.

Wrong. It's leaking between the rear cap and the main tube. There is an O-ring in there that can't contain the pressure and thus the leaks. 224th's can has been in Lanes hands 3X to stop the leak, and it still leaks. They can't fix the problem. Mine went back 2X and still leaked. It was returned to Lane for a refund. I'm happy to say I don't own it any longer.

Leaking O-ring? Was it designed by Morton Thiokol?

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If you applied that logic to everything you'd have nothing. And maybe you do, or don't that is.

My suppressors add value. I don't give a rat's ass what the actual cost of manufacture was. They are worth the value they add to my shooting. Simple as that.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I resisted the idea of getting a suppressor for years. I thought they were expensive, unnecessary and frustratingly complicated with the government red tape. One afternoon my buddy and I were making our typical northern gunshop loop and I stopped into a small shop in a small town just north of us and saw a 30 cal suppressor for $450. Like all the “big decisions” in my life I made a spur of the moment decision to buy it. I formed the trust online and did the paperwork and 9+ months later I was the proud owner of my first suppressor and hopelessly hooked. I’m pretty sure that I’ll be buying another one this week…..

A few days ago I ordered the .458 Bravo anchor brake for my Hybrid 46 from SilencerCo and I’m looking forward to trying that out on my 338’s and Whelen. The reduction in recoil and muzzle blast that the suppressor alone offers was very impressive so I’m hopeful that the bravo brake offers even more recoil reduction…..which it’s supposed to do in spades according to the reviews I’ve read.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
i have a TBAC Ultra 7 and couldnt be any happier. as was mentioned above, its extremely lightweight and works very well. i would caution you going too short more or less eliminates the idea for a suppressor, especially on a 30 cal. if you are going to put a few cans on the same form...then sure, get a shorty, mid size etc but if you are getting just one...i, personally, would not go for the shortest/lightest option based on that alone

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
and eliminate the mag safety

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I'm very much in love with my Lane

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by preibaxe
I'm very much in love with my Lane
low expectations

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
3 strikes for Lane.

CashisKing won’t be happy.

LOL...

I have three Lane, three TBs, a Bowers and a 22 Sparrow (or something).

I love the Lanes, tolerate the TBs, love the Sparrow and detest the Bowers.

BUT...

If I ever win the lottery... I will buy a Wyoming Arms short, fat, midget can... just out of curiosity.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,553 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,716
Posts18,475,684
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.