Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Hastings
I had a 6.5 Creed in a Savage Mod. 16 Weather Warrior. The rifle shot fine but was balky feeding which I attribute to the sharp shoulder angle. For that reason and the fact that the 7/08 would do what I need and is a proven round I would choose the 7/08.

Most of the cartridges based on the .308W are pretty good on accuracy. If you want a 6.5 maybe try the .260 Remington.
I doubt it. I’ve had several rifles chambered in 6.5 CM, and they’ve all fed smoothly and reliably, despite the shoulder.

I would say the feeding issues was from the gun alone. Just like the RAR's feed like schidt. Not because of what they are chambered for, but because they just feed like crap. I've seen that with some of my friends Savages with cheap mags, Tc Ventures, and other dollar store rifles. Its the nature of the cheap rifle beast. I've had Sako's, Tikka's (T3x and CTR's), and AR10's chambered for the 6.5 Creedmoor, and they fed flawlessly.
The Savage 16 Weather Warrior isn't exactly a cheap poorly made rifle. I have owned 2 different .308Ws and a .270 that fed and chambered just fine. It's not an expensive rifle compared to some but they are well made and accurate. It's understood my case was a sample of one. With disclosure I sold it to a lady deer hunter and it burned up in a house fire.
Sharper shouldered, shorter cases generally may not feed as slick as sleeker, longer cases.

My Creed is on a SA M-700. It feeds great.

That may be a Salvage thing, not known to be the slickest. But even with barrel tool marks seen thru a good borescope, they tend to be pretty accurate.

I don’t have one, not in the market for one.

DF