Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus55
Wasn’t going to say anything, but I’m going in Thursday to be opened up, Aortic valve, Aneurysm, and fix A-fib, just found Aneurysm last Monday, so now moving from up artery to open heart. I’m normally not afraid of anything but this is much more than having my knees replaced, My boys and three stepson’s have had the talk this week end about ranch and their mother, kinda scary! Just wondering if anyone has been there and what hints to help after , thanks

Well, today was the big day! Hoping everything went well!

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good Luck Angus....................speedy recoveery.

MM

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Thinking about you and hoping you do well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hope to hear a good report

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Prayers and good thoughts for a success. Positive attitude always helps.We have both been on this forum a long time and I am sure we will be here for a lot longer.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have my fingers crossed for you! I hope everything went well!

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Praying foy you, and the Doctors.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice news is your only gonna have an anniversary of your surgery every four years. Hope it went well for you.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good luck Angus. I had some weird pains on my left collarbone area when doing hard work. Went to the Dr and he did an EKG and said good to go. I said no and they did a stress test and I flunked. Had a heart cath and when I woke up they said I had 2 blockages and one was at a branch point so they didn't fix with stents. I had a double bypass at age 67 and have to say it wasn't that bad. I spent 4 days in the hospital and enjoyed a full cardio rehab 3 month session so I recapped and bought another 3 months. I'm 75 now and feel great

living the good life every day
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Angus55
Wasn’t going to say anything, but I’m going in Thursday to be opened up, Aortic valve, Aneurysm, and fix A-fib, just found Aneurysm last Monday, so now moving from up artery to open heart. I’m normally not afraid of anything but this is much more than having my knees replaced, My boys and three stepson’s have had the talk this week end about ranch and their mother, kinda scary! Just wondering if anyone has been there and what hints to help after , thanks
Not like it was when we were kids. It has almost become routine these days. Here's hoping for a quick recovery.

IC B3

E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
Good luck👍

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Angus, I have to double up on what huntsman is telling you. I also had aortic valve surgery after being diagnosed with aortic valves stenosis. They gave me a choice of valve types and I chose the pig valve. My friend's wife was complaining about his mechanical valve clickety clacking away all night while they lay in bed. I also had the afib and they did ablation right after valve replacement. First ablation didn't hold, so I had to have another one done a few months later. That one held.

And also as huntsman said, you will get thru this, my friend. Get up and get walking as soon as possible. It will help your rehab tremendously.

Mine was seven years ago and it's probably the least of my worries.

Wishing you the best, brother.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Just saw this, Angus.
Prayers and encouragement sent from here!
Please update as soon as you can.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Here's hoping it went well. Inform when ya can. Rest well & take care.

And eyescrew a nurse or two.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well Angus I guess I'll give my 2 cents. I had open heart surgery in July 1964 at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA. I had an extra piece of skin growing just before my aortic valve. Doctors took it out. They weren't sure if it would ever grow back again. When I got home after surgery I was told not to do anything. Yeah, sure 14 year old boys don't listen well. For the rest of my school years there was no sports except baseball. According to some of the doctors, if I had to run more then from home plate to 2nd base then I couldn't be on the high school team. I just smiled. Didn't say one word. Wouldn't tell them about running 4 laps around the football field then all the running drills, fielding and batting practice. Some how I lived.
The problems from the surgery started once I stopped growing. Seems every time it rained my back started killing me. Seemed my back was trying to pull itself apart. That went on for 44 years. Didn't help I was living in NW PA or NE OH. Rains quite a bit here.
Finally one night I was laying on my left side in bed. I took a breath and my back cracked right at the spot it always hurt. Seems a muscle got put out of place along my spine when I had the surgery. As long as I was rested, no problem. But if I was tired I was in a lot of pain.
So long story short, the surgery/recovery will probably go well. Just be aware that not everything gets put back in place where it should be. That causes lots of problems and no one will believe you. It's all in your head.

When you can get the last word with an echo, you may have the last word with your wife. - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce
If goose was the only meat, there would be a lot more vegetarians. - Lloyd Adams, waterfowl hunter
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Well, today is your day two post surgery. I'm hoping that your recovery is progressing well and that you'll be heading to the step-down unit soon if you're not already there. I know I couldn't wait to be able to take a hot shower. Be nice to the nurses, welcome to the zipper club!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

345 members (204guy, 260Remguy, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 40 invisible), 2,492 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,328
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.