Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dallas`s dog that the moose almost killed is doing fine , Dallas`s back in 2nd place he still has a chance of winning this race and Jesse is in 3rd place . Dallas`s dogs are fresher and he still has 15 dogs , the leader has 12 dogs and jesse 11 dogs .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The deal on gutting that someone just doesn't understand at all is that its not FG rules. Its race rules. You follow the race rules. Thats all that governs that part and it what it is.

As to DLP there is a LOT more work involved there. Thankfully the time I had to shoot one it was legal, season etc... so didn't have to use the DLP stuff.

That said if you want to get onto a topic... if you DLP one, then you gut it etc... if you hit it with your vehicle you have to do nothing basically. Seems you still killed it. You should also have to gut and deliver? Neither one was by choice basically.

We wont' know more until its all over anyway. No sense in wasting time really.

I wondered a lot about the issue of turning around instead of running and resting.... That says a lot also. Not everything but a lot. There are issues that are life threatening for sure. Then there are injuries that need attention. No telling exactly where this fell. And it well could have been a moving target so to speak too.

Then the stuff that the moose was left in the trail for others to run over. OTOH have you ever tried to move a dead moose? Without taking at least half of it apart. Was that what it was. Strategy? Who knows.

Then you have how much did it need to be gutted? As noted car kills are never gutted and the meat utilized. There is that. Cold enough... at least get the guts part out but the liver, lungs, heart etc.... would not cause it to spoil really.

Again you have to follow Fish and game rules. But you are in a sanctioned race so whether you like the rules or not you have to follow them.

My personal thoughts ? its bad luck and is what it is. If I was running and won in less than 2 hours I'd want to turn my win over... just how I'm thinking that I would not want to win over a penalty that one only had partial control over.

We will find out all the answers soon enough.

All game laws are online and so easy to look up...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
i feel the same way it was bad luck ,a poor B.S. penalty and i would not feel honored winning by a B.S. penalty in any race.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Two dogs dead all for ego. So sad.

Time to end the Iditarod!!!

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith

I assume u r serious, that be the case, your full of [bleep]. These dogs live to run like a good bird dog lives to hunt. Be crueler to baby them , over feed them and not exercise them, see them get fat and lazy and die young.Probably like yourself

IC B2

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P

TROLL !

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I’m predicting Dallas wins sometime tomorrow morning. Right now he has what appears to be a 60 mile lead.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
I’m predicting Dallas wins sometime tomorrow morning. Right now he has what appears to be a 60 mile lead.

As of 35 minutes ago Dallas lead is 17 miles over Jesse Holmes. Have no idea where you got 60 miles from.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Foolish to think that a sudden heart failure is the fault of anyone. My neighbor died, just running on a treadmill. My chemistry professor died running a marathon. Both guys essentially died doing what they love: running.

No different for dogs. These dogs pass rigorous vet-checks right before the race.

Each musher spends an average of $8000 in vet checks, immunizations, medicines and dewormers per year for their kennels. In spite of this, things can happen.

Over 600 dogs started the race this year. Do the math on that.........

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03/11/24.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 79S

As of 35 minutes ago Dallas lead is 17 miles over Jesse Holmes. Have no idea where you got 60 miles from.
Based on in/out times posted. I see it’s been updated.

Lots of strategy and rest times outside of checkpoints.

Do you have GPS on mushers? Pard?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Foolish to think that a sudden heart failure is the fault of anyone. My neighbor died, just running on a treadmill. My chemistry professor died running a marathon. Both guys essentially died doing what they love: running.

No different for dogs. These dogs pass rigorous vet-checks right before the race.

Each musher spends an average of $8000 in vet checks, immunizations, medicines and dewormers per year for their kennels. In spite of this, things can happen.

SSS/WDH/Eddie thinks dogs only die in the Iditarod. Like PETA newsletter tells her.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak

SSS/WDH/Eddie/Loputz thinks dogs only die in the Iditarod. Like PETA newsletter tells her.

Fixed it for you... DFTFT...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Who the heck is the troll anyway. Besides an idiot that doesn't know what SSS really means?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rost495
Who the heck is the troll anyway. Besides an idiot that doesn't know what SSS really means?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/users/828/wdh

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The world is changing and the race can’t keep sponsors. Won’t be much longer.

End the race. Modern day mushers are weak ass little bitches. Couldn’t even run the race unless there’s a groomed trail for them.

Dog killers. All of them. Inhumane how they treat those dogs.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dick.....

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
The world is changing .........

It sure is, and few believe it's changing for the better. Considering the fact that the world is tearing itself apart, you might want to consider the possibility that the world you seek doesn't exist, and what you're building is a cliff to fall off.

NRA Life Endowment Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
He, she, it ? sure got you guys off the race and on it. It likes your attention and distraction from the race. Thanks to those that post the race . On of the coolest dog races going. Those guys love their dogs.

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by WildWest
........sure got you guys off the race and on it. It likes your attention and distraction from the race. .........

Yeah, I've been pretty bored with the race for a good 20 years now, but sometimes enjoy helping trolls make fools of themselves. No storms on the coast will make the race all the more boring.

NRA Life Endowment Member
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

297 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 33 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,054 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,468
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.