Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Whew! Just finished off sending emails to almost all of the sponsors of this years idiotrod race. It’s worked in the past and with a little work we will get some of them to reconsider.

Lack of sponsors will be the only way to end this death race driven by egomaniacs.

If you want a list of sponsors with email addresses send me a PM and we will get you on the list. No more dogs need to die!

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Who came in second? All I'm hearing is that Dallas won

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
H
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
H
Originally Posted by SeldomSeenSmith
.........Lack of sponsors will be the only way to end this death race driven by egomaniacs........

The race started without sponsors. Frankly, getting the big bucks out of it would probably improve it. Sorta' like killing the PFD would make a whole bunch of parasites let go and flake off.

NRA Life Endowment Member
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by saddlering
Who came in second? All I'm hearing is that Dallas won
It’s all here in an easy peasy website!

https://iditarod.com/race/2024/standings/

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
1st Dallas Seavey , 2nd Matt Hall , 3rd Jesse Holmes was a great race ! sled dogs did well and were well taken care of too.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Matt Hall is an outstanding musher I was rooting for him the whole race. He grew up as a second generation musher guiding mushing tours on the Yukon his entire youth.

He continues to be an interior Rockstar, not only mushing all season on glacier tours, but training the best of race dogs.

Built his first cabin when he was 16. Won his first Yukon quest as the youngest of the race.

His father and mother are in their late 60's, still caring for Alaskan sled dogs and running a real guiding expedition kennel.

Caring for sled dogs is how he was raised. Just like any other musher aspires: to care for your freinds. It isn't about "ego" as the anti mushing crowd would claim. It's about Alaskan culture and coaching the team to accomplish things unimaginable.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Whew! Just finished off sending emails to almost all of the sponsors of this years idiotrod race. It’s worked in the past and with a little work we will get some of them to reconsider.

Lack of sponsors will be the only way to end this death race driven by egomaniacs.

If you want a list of sponsors with email addresses send me a PM and we will get you on the list. No more dogs need to die!

Just a sad little man pretending to care about dogs.
Laughing

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by johnn

Laughing

> the sad little man should go to the bar in Nome and tell those guys what he thinks of the sled dog races ? i am sure they have a better answer ?

Last edited by pete53; 03/18/24.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by pete53
i watch this Iditarod 2024 sled dog race from the beginning to the end on sky cam the one thing i did notice is how every dog musher person understood every dog they had in the race by name and the special care these musher`s gave to each of their dogs in the race . Yes Dallas Seavey won again " his 6th win a new record " but he was sure careful with his sled dogs health ,Dallas even said these sled dogs might not be the fastest but everyone of these dogs have a lot heart and stamina . i remembered this one detail when Dallas would take off each time with his sled and dogs that was kinda neat when Dallas hollered to his lead dog : Arrow ready ! GO ! i have listened to every Iditarod race since it started and the Seavey family when they raced they have always done well and taken great care of their sled dogs too. >sure is another wonderful Iditarod sled dog race i look forward to next years race 2025 !

For those who think Dallas is such a great guy........he had a dog seriously injured at the beginning of the race. He could have mushed a couple hours back to the previous checkpoint and had the dog picked up. Instead he drove a couple hours towards the next checkpoint and rested with the seriously injured dog in the sled. Then drove the rest of the way to the next checkpoint where the seriously injured dog was finally taken to town. Dallas is all into WINNING! He should also be cited for not properly taking care of the moose he shot.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Laughing

> the sad little man should go to the bar in Nome and tell those guys what he thinks of the sled dog races ? i am sure they have a better answer ?

Why nome? Just because the race ends their does not make nome sled dog capitol of Alaska. That would be Willow, sometimes I wonder about you lower 48 boys.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by martentrapper
i watch this Iditarod 2024 sled dog race from the beginning to the end on sky cam the one thing i did notice is how every dog musher person understood every dog they had in the race by name and the special care these musher`s gave to each of their dogs in the race . Yes Dallas Seavey won again " his 6th win a new record " but he was sure careful with his sled dogs health ,Dallas even said these sled dogs might not be the fastest but everyone of these dogs have a lot heart and stamina . i remembered this one detail when Dallas would take off each time with his sled and dogs that was kinda neat when Dallas hollered to his lead dog : Arrow ready ! GO ! i have listened to every Iditarod race since it started and the Seavey family when they raced they have always done well and taken great care of their sled dogs too. >sure is another wonderful Iditarod sled dog race i look forward to next years race 2025 !

For those who think Dallas is such a great guy........he had a dog seriously injured at the beginning of the race. He could have mushed a couple hours back to the previous checkpoint and had the dog picked up. Instead he drove a couple hours towards the next checkpoint and rested with the seriously injured dog in the sled. Then drove the rest of the way to the next checkpoint where the seriously injured dog was finally taken to town. Dallas is all into WINNING! He should also be cited for not properly taking care of the moose he shot.

That was mentioned earlier in this thread but ol pete53 ignored kept on saying it was a bull chit penalty.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 79S

Laughing

Why nome? Just because the race ends their does not make nome sled dog capitol of Alaska. That would be Willow, sometimes I wonder about you lower 48 boys.
GFY

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Laughing

GFY

lol uh ok Mr Kauai. When was the last time you were in Alaska? Let me guess spring of 82?

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 79S

Laughing

GFY
Except 79 is exactly on the money as usual...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Laughing

GFY

lol uh ok Mr Kauai. When was the last time you were in Alaska? Let me guess spring of 82?

Been in Fairbanks since 79, mr thumbs.

Never been to Kauai, sounds nice though

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Mr thumbs,
You do know the old saying about assume?

Lots of garden islands, one must pay attention to know WTF is going on.

http://fairbanks-alaska.com/fairbanks-history.htm

North of the Chena River
The area north of the Chena River was once an island in the middle of the river, bounded on the north by a slough which has since dried up. Called Garden Island, is was home to market gardens and the railroad depot. As Fairbanks grew, it became home to The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, the offices and warehouses for the Fairbanks Exploration (F.E.) Company, and the subdivision of Slaterville, an early "bedroom'' community for F.E. employees.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If only he was seldom seen and heard from also !

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Mr thumbs,

North of the Chena River
The area north of the Chena River was once an island in the middle of the river, bounded on the north by a slough which has since dried up. Called Garden Island, is was home to market gardens and the railroad depot. As Fairbanks grew, it became home to The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, the offices and warehouses for the Fairbanks Exploration (F.E.) Company, and the subdivision of Slaterville, an early "bedroom'' community for F.E. employees.
Also home to the Big I. grin

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Moron, no knowledge, just shooting off his mouth. What is next with this clown, hunting, field trials, bid dogs, rodeo You need not be on this site, just another bleeding heart liberal! Seldom Seen is too often!

Last edited by Switch; 03/19/24.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by akpls
Mr thumbs,

North of the Chena River
Also home to the Big I. grin

Yep, there sign is only partially lit these days.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Tails is lit on the other side.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (160user, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257 mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 48 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,781
Posts18,477,104
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.